10+ Year Old Account

melee weapon question

hello. i have an 85 hunter. i currently have this staff---> http://www.wowhead.com/item=63803
    my question is, being primarily a MM hunter(off spec BM for the "exotic" pets), would it be better to use daggers/one handed axes or wait it out and find a really nice polearm?
    thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    hello. i have an 85 hunter. i currently have this staff---> http://www.wowhead.com/item=63803
    my question is, being primarily a MM hunter(off spec BM for the "exotic" pets), would it be better to use daggers/one handed axes or wait it out and find a really nice polearm?
    thanks in advance
    You can get a nice polerarm from either TB tokes or Stonecore hc (last boss) or first boss in LOst City heroic.
    Can get a 2h from conquest points aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd get a 2H because of the +130 Agi Enchant

The only agility enchant available for hunters is for 2H weapons, so you will need a polearm, staff, or the agility axe from Deadmines.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the input guys. i will most likely get the 2H conquest wep after 4.1, since we will be able to trade honor for JP and CP for VP and visa versa.
    just a side note: why do they give hunters the ability to use staffs? i know the staffs with +agility are for them and dps druids, but it just never felt very hunter-ish IMO. but thats probably just me :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Woot for Rockslicer, the magical axe. Malevolence doesn't like to drop for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Use whatever gives you the best stats. That is all you are holding them for anyway. Nobody expects you to melee. PVP may be a different story.

like Thereign said Rockslicer is the best lot of crit rating in it, unless u wanna spend money on the elementium polaxe
    which i regret coz the next day malevolence drops.. Argh!! Lol

Don't forget the 2H you can get from Baradin's Wardens/Hellscream's Reach.

Blizzard wants Hunters to go 2H. Why they don't take dual wield away from us I have no idea.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Because it's fun flavor and still useful while leveling.

But yes, at current endgame there is no reason to ever dual wield, ever. Especially after 4.1 where deterrence is being changed such that we won't need to actually have a weapon equipped to use it (this was a large part of why we preferred to dual wield in pvp, for the offhand/weapon chain).

There's currently a pretty wide selection of good agil 2handers available pre-raid:

Staff from last boss in stonecore
    Axe from one of the last few bosses (ripsnarl I think) in Deadmines
    Polearm from first boss in lost city of the tol'vir (this and the axe have the best itemization I believe)
    Polearm from Tol Barad tokens (has hit on it, not the most optimal but one of the easiest to get)
    Polearm crafted by blacksmiths (requires 3 chaos orbs and 6 truegold, can be VERY expensive but the itemization is great if you can get one)

Personally I had the misfortune of having 0 luck seeing any of the dungeon weps actually drop prior to beginning raids (actually I still haven't seen any of these items drop), so I started raiding with a 333 polearm. I managed to bribe one of my guild's BS's to save up some orbs for me, and eventually got an elementium poleaxe crafted. Perfect itemization and looks awesome (it's a scythe), then of course exactly 4 days later Malevolence dropped. That crap always happens to me.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Woot for Rockslicer, the magical axe. Malevolence doesn't like to drop for me.
    Oh my, Malevolence drops sooo much for our 25 man guild that we have started to DE it.
    I have two of em, each reforged to different stats. 8-)
    My Armory - Tenzi