Deleted

Bane of Havoc, Omnitron defense system

I have noticed today that Bane of Havoc is adding stacks on the shields of all bosses, as well ebon imps and pets. I tried on normal and HC. Have they changed anything about that? Starfall doesn't add stacks tough.

Deleted
    I'm currently doing Omni HC for the first time.. is BoH fine on the other two, just not Magma or is that only normal?!

Apply it right before the next one activates and you should be fine

Deleted
    Even on heroic? :P Just to confirm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bane of Havoc here actually works a good deal like Magmaw. If you put it on the first bot as the second is coming up, you can just leave it and it will keep doing dmg. Just like Magmaw/Exposed Head, they share healthpools, so it IS effective dmg.

Unfortunately, unlike hMagmaw, you will eventually cycle back through the bots so that your Havoc is active on the one you are currently attacking. You can toss it on the prior one if careful. I typically keep cycling it though. The only time I take advantage of this [gimmick] is when Magmatron is being replaced by another bot, as Bane of Havoc on Magmatron = bad. So when magma becomes active, I leave it on the prior for the entire time Magma is active (inclusive his shield phase), and then switch it to the next.

In my experience, Havoc causes no issues if placed before their shields go up. Its *application* CAN trigger poison and static shock though if done after. The dmg done by Havoc, however, will not. The damage done by Havoc on Magmatron can trigger though, at least on Heroic.
    Warlock spamming chain-fear since '05
    Death Knight Priest Hunter
    Paladin Mage Druid Rogue

Will never roll a Warrior or Shaman

Yes, I am a Sylvanas fanboy.

Deleted
    It is now adding stacks on all bosses, not only Magmatron and yes I have applied before the shield. And yes it is happening on normal and HC modes. Ebon imps and pets are also adding stacks. It wasn't happening last week though, I noticed the change today. So that is why I ask if they changed anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh...I'm not sure, to be honest. We did it last night though with 3 destro locks and didn't notice an issue. I would think with 3 bohavocs rolling that any unannounced change would be blatantly apparant.
    Warlock spamming chain-fear since '05
    Death Knight Priest Hunter
    Paladin Mage Druid Rogue

Will never roll a Warrior or Shaman

Yes, I am a Sylvanas fanboy.

In my experience, Havoc causes no issues if placed before their shields go up
    Correct, meaning it CAN be applied below 50% energy or well after the switch as long as it is applied before the shield goes up

The damage done by Havoc on Magmatron can trigger though, at least on Heroic
    I have not run into this issue, in other words i disagree.

Magmatron's shield was always succeptable to bane, however its a 450k absorb before it explodes, so it wont trigger it unless other people hit it aswell.

The only question is if they changed the other three or not.

Valid point, Thanks for the clarification

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to lock this to prevent misinformation, the following is for both Heroic and Normal modes, both 10 and 25.

Bane will trigger Magmatron's shield because it is damage based, not ability based.
    It does not pop the other three UNLESS you cast it on them while their shield is up.

And furthermore, on non-Magmatron shields:
    A dot that was applied before the shield went up will not proc it. This includes Bane of Havoc.
    Ignite refreshes from Flame Orb do not proc it.
    Pets will not proc it
    Traps will not proc it
    Mirror images will not proc it
    Eye for an Eye in response to other boss abilities used to proc it but does not anymore.
    Living Bomb explosions on other targets will not proc it.

However:
    Darkmoon Card: Volcano procs that hit the shield will proc it. It can proc off dots that are already ticking and thus hit the target that it was ticking on.
    Tyrande's Doll will proc it.
    Cleaves will proc it (Revenge for example)
    AOE Shouts will proc it (Demoralizing Shout, for example)
    DoT Refreshes will proc it. This means casting a dot on a shielded target.
    Once a dot has been refreshed on a shielded target, EVERY TICK will also proc it.
    AOE will proc it (Shockwave)
    Actual casts on the shield will proc it

This is from extensive experience combing logs to figure out (successfully) who fucked us over with Unstable Shield pops.

R.I.P. YARG