Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Magmaw? Did you mean Halfus? For Magmaw, Combat Rogues are definitely not on top.
    Why would I even bother listing a fight like halfus, I obviously said and meant Magmaw, for obvious reasons.

Edit: I'm not talking about normal modes either rofl, which obviously wouldn't put rogues on top.

Ranged should get the shaft considering how much the current content is favored towards Ranged. Then let it be melee favored in the next, then balanced on the other (two+) patches.

bring the player not the distance....!?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    So defensive. Instead of complaining about me being rude, just get better. You should NEVER lose dps because of movement as a melee. That's laughable. You can move while dpsing. That's the strength of a melee. If you can't master that, then simply don't play melee. Period.
    What is it, that makes is so hard for you to read and understand?

You keep claiming that if a melee dps has to move from point A to point B and there's say 30 yards between, they wont loose any dps. You're the only one in this thread claiming that. And me being defensive, well it's more me being sarcastic.

Then you go on about how terrible my raid must be to have melee help on Adherents on Cho'gall - dude wake up already.

Read what Chocobo123 wrote earlier, just about what he says. How can you seriously be so stubborn. This is not in general terms of speaking, where moving AROUND the boss but IN RANGE isn't a problem. This is about melee having to target switch=move from point A to point B. Even if that only takes say 3 secs or something, that's still 3 secs lost on dps compared to ranged.

And this whole discussion was about Cata favoring ranged dps. If you seriously don't think Cata favorises ranged, you'll be just about the only person in this thread thinking so.

Range Advantage
    Omnitron HC & N (Poison Protocol/Power Generator/etc)
    Maloriak HC (Dark Phase)
    Atramedes HC & N (Air Phase)
    Chimaeron HC & N (Phase 2 spreading out)
    Halfus HC & N ('Fire circles')
    Ascendent Council N (Water/Earth/Air/P3)

Melee Advantage
    Al'Akir N (High movement)

Neutral
    Magmaw HC & N
    Conclave HC & N
    Maloriak N
    Nefarian N
    V&T HC & N
    Chogall N
    Conclave HC & N

When looking at the fights its not how much a DPS can fire off which WOL will show u that melee and range are competitive against each other. It is the mechanics that are important. For example, melee sure can hit high DPS on the so called range favoured fights, but your healers will be cursing the amount of damage they take.

Quote Originally Posted by junialum View Post
    When looking at the fights its not how much a DPS can fire off which WOL will show u that melee and range are competitive against each other.
    Why isn't that about dps ? If dps isn't included at all you could just as well go ahead and say that atraemedes is a really melee friendly fight since chances are rather slim to die as a melee. You probably just deal less damage than one of decent ranged classes.
    And I don't really see how someone can call differences of 10k average between the highest ranged spec and the mediocre melee spec on some of your so called neutral fights competitive. Sorry but that doesn't make any sense.

Deleted
    Cal dawn please the game dint favore melees or ranged its favor mages everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is it would be quite difficult for blizzard to make melee as acceptable as ranged. Currently it'd be quite possible, if not even easy to do 12/12 with no melee in the group. Take the ele sham for example, they can interrupt just as well if not better than melee interrupts, need something kited? grounding totem with the help of a hunter trap or for things like Atra use ghost wolf, and done.

For full ranged groups, need interrupts? have your tanks/shamans do it, along with other class's have have the odd interrupt. need someone standing in melee? move some of the ranged over to melee, bar hunters they have no problem standing in melee.

However translate that over to a group with no ranged dps...melee dps can't stand at ranged, they can't dps things that are unreachable by ground (i.e nef p2, or Atra in air phase), if you want them to dps adds they have to move to them, whereas ranged only have to switch targets, and on certain adds like cho'galls blood, you don't want to be in their melee ranged and have aggro on them.

All of those things will remain true no matter what raid you're in, ranged will always be slightly better than melee, and I doubt there will ever be a future raid where it's acceptable to bring a full melee group...(there were previous raids, like kara could be done with full melee)

This wouldn't be so much of a problem but unfortunately there are 6 class's that can melee, and 6 class's that can ranged..but when forming a raid most people would chose more ranged than melee for their raid, because it's just easier that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Cal dawn please the game dint favore melees or ranged its favor mages everywhere
    LOL What is a mage again? Don't think I've seen one in ages^^

Deleted
    Nah, no rogues. I prefer taking literally any other melee over a rogue.
    Makes sense not to take the one pure melee class in the game.

Oh dear...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapthrottle View Post
    Makes sense not to take the one pure melee class in the game.

Oh dear...
    Actually we , rogues are not the purest melee class:P That would be warriors and kitties ferals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obositu View Post
    Actually we , rogues are not the purest melee class:P That would be warriors and kitties ferals
    With respect, you're wrong. Both Warriors and Druids are hybrid classes, and are in no sense pure melee dps classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapthrottle View Post
    With respect, you're wrong. Both Warriors and Druids are hybrid classes, and are in no sense pure melee dps classes.
    true, i was thinking at purely where the dmg comes, meaning pure physical tho

Oh s mon, stop complaining. 90% of ppl in this thread surely have one or two melees that outperform ranged dd dealers on at least on 1 of those firghts you all mention. EVERY guild have it, maybe except for the most top-notch ones.
    I like playing my rogue.

Nah, no rogues. I prefer taking literally any other melee over a rogue.
    Except rogues are by far the most versatile of the melee classes. Can kite the atra beam and cloak the last few secs of it, good aoe dps and can kick maloriak, has the hit debuff less than any other class on chim, can survive solo through wind ulti, can perm cleave magmaw and construct, can go solo in twilight realm etc.

Honestly rogues should be the first melee class brought if not the only on 10 mans.

The solution is simple, you shit can arenas and balance the game around PVE and large scale PVP. Ranged benefit from having AOE and the safety of the back lines and melee do substantially more single target DPS. You know kind of like how this game was at launch. Arena ruined PVE balance between melee and ranged because game balancing became about focus fire and single target DPS. With both melee and ranged having equally balanced single target DPS there is no need fro melee. The AOE capabilities of ranged and better survivability make melee worthless.