Deleted

Advice for a scrub-ish.. PvP'er

Ok so i have up until now been very indecisive about which character to play for pvp. i mainly pvp on my warrior since cata release but not gone that hardcore and when i do i tend to get to around 1.7k and go insane with the fact that i dont do anything. i get kited constantly and feel like i have no damage output.. ( not enough time on the target ).

also with the upcomming patch Arms warriors are going to become less viable therefore making not so skilled warriors like my self disapear.
    so finally my question is... do i re-roll and if so what to? ( read below for elaboration ) or do i just stick to my warrior as it is the most gear.

the reason why im looking to re-roll is because i want a class with more defensive CDs as Def stance doesnt foot the bill and something with atleast a slight control over what goes on in the fight instead of just looking for the quickest person to kill. i want a class i can control and fun to play. i have every class above 80 so thats not an issue. this isnt a "tell me what class to play" thread because i want something that fits my criteria please.

thanks in advance for the help.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how switching classes would help you become better at pvp. Warrior isn't the issue. Warrior is one of the top classes in the game right now. Your understanding of what you are capable of is one possible issue. Another is your teammate(s) because you mention being kited constantly, so where are your dispels? As a warrior, you need someone on you dispelling you.

Death Knight has more defensive abilities, btw, particularly self healing. On a good 2v2 arena on my DK in relatively scrubby gear (mix of some bloodthirsty + vicious + pve epics + bloodied pyrium, a bit under 3k resil) I will often pull about 400k damage and about 150k self healing, if not more. It's very easy to survive. Just last night I was going DK + shadow priest against mage + rogue and my priest partner got killed and I took the mage that was at about 30% health and the rogue at about 60% health down, all while I was at about 30% health myself, entirely due to my self healing.
    Last edited by SilkforCalde; 2011-04-14 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    yes i am doing 2s and with a resto shaman which is from what i know the best healer for a warrior for its utility but what i keep getting is him just getting chain CC'd ( im not sure he knows what grounding totem is for or pillars but anyway ) . also i think i would be better off with a paladin. i dont tend to need his hex much as if i get on a target its dead soon enough and i just crave freedom.
    My irl friend is currently gearing up his resto druid to pvp with me... which healer do you think i should stick with. i convinced my self that im going to get to 1.9k minimum in 2s then move onto 3s. i just feel like im not good enough for 3s atm and it will just make me feel worse.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tserak View Post
    yes i am doing 2s and with a resto shaman which is from what i know the best healer for a warrior for its utility but what i keep getting is him just getting chain CC'd ( im not sure he knows what grounding totem is for or pillars but anyway ) . also i think i would be better off with a paladin. i dont tend to need his hex much as if i get on a target its dead soon enough and i just crave freedom.
    My irl friend is currently gearing up his resto druid to pvp with me... which healer do you think i should stick with. i convinced my self that im going to get to 1.9k minimum in 2s then move onto 3s. i just feel like im not good enough for 3s atm and it will just make me feel worse.
    Last week I did a set of 13 games with a 2.2k+ rated warrior on my druid (not sure what his actual rating was but he had the T2 weapon), who had no rating to speak of at the time. We went 10-3, and two of the three losses were simply due to me underestimating how much more intense the games were going to be than what I was used to on my druid. We were playing in the 1900-2050 bracket. So, from my somewhat limited experiences (I usually do games with DKs, hunters, and mages on my druid), warrior + druid seems very viable. If my partner hadn't had to go to sleep, I'm sure we could've hit 2.2k+ with ease.

The one game where I don't see what I could've done differently that we lost was, funnily enough, resto shaman + warrior.

If your shaman is getting chain CCed then he probably isn't very good. The art of running in circles around objects can usually prevent most of that. That having been said, I'd vote for druid as the best healer for healer/warrior twos because of the stronger on-demand CC, giving warrior more chances to score a kill.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    If your shaman is getting chain CCed then he probably isn't very good. The art of running in circles around objects can usually prevent most of that. That having been said, I'd vote for druid as the best healer for healer/warrior twos because of the stronger on-demand CC, giving warrior more chances to score a kill.
    Depends on the team you're up against. With a warrior on my druid, going against a team like mage + disc priest and I had to spend almost all my time in animal form. If I ever popped out to try and CC it was instantly a steam of mana burns and the mage counterspelling my cyclone. If I did somehow get out of LOS of the mage and try to 'clone the priest he would get in melee range and psychic scream or he would run out of LOS. The only way I was able to get a CC on anyone was to NS the Cyclone.

Other teams, however, and I was easily able to pull off a nice and long CC chain.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Depends on the team you're up against. With a warrior on my druid, going against a team like mage + disc priest and I had to spend almost all my time in animal form. If I ever popped out to try and CC it was instantly a steam of mana burns and the mage counterspelling my cyclone. If I did somehow get out of LOS of the mage and try to 'clone the priest he would get in melee range and psychic scream or he would run out of LOS. The only way I was able to get a CC on anyone was to NS the Cyclone.

Other teams, however, and I was easily able to pull off a nice and long CC chain.
    Sure there are some counters to the druid's CC ability. But regardless of the situation, it's still much, much stronger than a shaman's. In that situation, a shaman would have to open themselves up to hard-lock counterspells more often, and would be even less likely to be able to successfully CC anything with their one CC on 35 second (glyphed) CD.