Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynrh View Post
    Use more Thorns
    I lol'd.

I would like to see an aggro dump like iceblock, call it say "one with earth" druid turns into stone with the same mechanics. Or like priests maybe a fade call it "Blend" where druid transforms to appear like a flower lowering threat. Heck we have the models already with herbing that seed that turns you into a herb. The later wouldn't affect pvp, but keep the druid alive long enough in pve to survive a hot streak which I believe is why shadow priests get to use those options.
    Shifting to cat and cowering after a series of good luck (crits, trinkets, and eclipse all hitting at once) combined with continuing crits on dots almost always resulted in my shifting >dead before I could get the cower button hit. I loose my damage reduction immediately from shifting also with gear with less stam/health then I would have in feral spec in the first place. Only to get a 10% reduction in threat all the while my dots continue to crit, blowing 3 cd's, 1to shift to cat, one to cast cower,1 to shift back it's like slapping a bandaid on an amputation at times. When all the bells and whistles go off at the same time I can easily pull aggro in one to two casts while my dots are ticking away as well. Gods forbid that as that threat is building I have to push a mob off a healer with typhoon that's aggroed , battle rez or drop a tranquility, I am then supposed to shift to cat and cower? I am not that great a player admittedly but these days in my guild anyway I don't just get to stand there and pew pew I am expected to help anyway I can in clutches, a oh crap instant out like other dps have I don't think is that much to ask for.

Entangle Roots, and then stop attacking said target... if it's that big of an issue, get the instant cast glyph..

Threat dumps are too much of an easy way out in terms of threat management... You can't use them to replace the need to watch your own threat, and manage your targets carefully as the tank is holding adds...

But then again, I doubt any of you arguing for this feature will ever understand that...

cat form->cower
    also wait with your QQ until warriors get one ;P

Deleted
    You don't need a thread dump if you have a tank with skill.

I lack some tanking skill

Entangle Roots, and then stop attacking said target... if it's that big of an issue, get the instant cast glyph..
    This is fine for some trash, most either aren't rootable or break them too fast to have an impact on them. Also I can stop attacking target and my dots ticking are enough to negate any standing around waiting for it to drop. While I do understand your argument about it being an easy way out in the case of moonkin's threat we are very very rng in terms of building threat. You can plan out a strategy all you want but when as I said before everything hits at once manage all you can and still watch as that mob kills you.

also wait with your QQ until warriors get one ;P
    K I will wait as long as when warriors get one they automatically remove most of their defenses to do so, and in 3 gcds, then they will have the benefit of cower as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salv says hi

I only ever need 1 salv mid way through and i dont catch up again

DK's
    What's worse is that Frost DKs(which appear to be the optimal spec come 4.1) have pretty much no way of controlling their threat at all. I can't tell you how many times I was .2 seconds away from hitting Obliterate to get a KM proc and wound up dead.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Deleted
    Typhoon, starfall and start running towards the exit.

cower is probably the biggest waste of time.. say everything does proc and such, my dots alone would be enough to pull aggro before i could get into melee range to drop 10% threat.. and even then, i would have to go to cat, waste 3 seconds running up to the target, hit cower and then shapeshift back? odds are the tank is just gonna taunt him off you by that time anyways, so might as well just sit on your ass and let your dots keep ticking and wait till your far below on threat then the tank.. or if your like me just chill for 3-5 seconds once the tank pulls and then unleash hell, and even then still pull aggro every now and then.

Whats all this about balance druids not being able to QQ till warriors and dk's get one? maybe they shouldnt say anything till we get a threat drop
    all in all i probably dont know as much about the game as most ppl so there probably is something im missing and some flaw in what im saying but i dont really care much for a threat drop, i learned ways to work around pulling aggro (still happens sometimes but oh well). A threat drop would be nice but bliz would never give us one

You will get a threat dump when Cows can fly. Wait----- never mind.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Hybrid DPS classes don't have threat dumps. All the classes you mentioned in the OP - hunter, mage, rogue, warlock - are dedicated DPS classes. working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Triveal View Post
    Hybrid DPS classes don't have threat dumps. All the classes you mentioned in the OP - hunter, mage, rogue, warlock - are dedicated DPS classes. working as intended.
    makes sense lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndywalker View Post
    I would like to see an aggro dump like iceblock, call it say "one with earth" druid turns into stone with the same mechanics. Or like priests maybe a fade call it "Blend" where druid transforms to appear like a flower lowering threat.
    Fade is only temporary. You still generate threat while it's active, and 10 seconds later, all the threat you "dropped" comes back to hit you in the face like a brick.

Cower at least is a permanent drop. If you need something more, bribe a Paladin for Hand of Salvation, or a Warrior for Intervene.

But really, if you're having issues with threat, start using Omen, instead of waiting for the boss to be punching you in the face. It might help, a little.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I like you all to say to use cower, I dont think you are remembering you need to be in melee range to use cower.

While you are not at melee range you need to pull 130% of the tank's threat to pull aggro, it changes to 110% to pull threat if you are at melee range.

Try and use cower when you are high on aggro and get insta killed as soon as you get close to the boss

I'd appreciate at least having something like a shaman's wind shear that I can hit on CD if I need to. Pretty retarded that most classes get a one button fix when some classes have no fix at all, or in the case of druids have an option that doesn't work. Cower is worthless if you're not a cat druid; like someone said above the threat % to pull aggro is lower in melee than it is at ranged, so if you're riding the tanks threat and move into melee range for cower...splat cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    while cat form > cower is the simpel troll answer, blizzard does wants druids to shift more, and if you do get argo you can still do bear form + barkskin + natures grasp to survive it

of both bear form and cat form give you a MASSIVE hit on your dps and mana but i think its unique for the class
    Ironically, on the few occasions I go kitty DPS, going bear is a better option than Cower if I get aggro. What most people do not realize is that Cower is considered a melee ability the can be Missed/Dodged/Parried... while most kittens aren't prioritizing hit/expertise, I'm certain boomkins would suffer a similar fate with Cower not connecting when it counts.

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind if Blizz changed it so Cower was a base ability not confined to Cat Form and make it an ability that doesn't rely on a melee hit table. I'd find it more useful for the entire druid class while being a reliable improvement for kittens, as well.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2011-04-15 at 09:49 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    Paladins have hand of salv.

Hybrid with threat reduction.

Bottom line is, just wait 10-15 seconds at the start of the fight to begin dps (I know it is lame, but when I was dpsing kitty at the start of raiding, this is what I had to do to avoid threat)

Sadness makes you sad, but what has to be done has to be done. You living and doing ~1k less dps over the course of the fight is better than you dying and doing 0 dps for 1/4 of the fight.

As a BiS (359) geared boomkin, i can say that i've had a stupid amount of OH CRAP STOP ATTACKING OR THE TANK WILL GO SADFACE moments, maloriak is quite a good one, but we do run with 3 hunters, so the MDs do stack up after a while... but that's the thing. After a while. Start of the fight i always thorns the tank, every little helps with dmg.. and threat, right?

On multi-target fights, like, Ascendant Council, I can get up pretty high on Feludious, having to keep 2 dots up on both bosses procs starsurge a lot, so my damage can wrack up quickly, and i do take aggro some times, tanks are quick with taunts though.

I personally, use cower, i also use skull bash for Cho'gall when solar beam is on CD, so yes i have cower on my bars, but on fights where dps is cruical to your tact (cho'gall... get P2 before 4th add while still dealing with the 3 add pools) having to shift out, watch Omen like a hawk cower enough that it's then viable to go on DPSing. Some could claim from this, that it's a tank problem... It really isn't not in this case lol.
    But yea, some form of aggro dump, maybe 40-70% threat would be more than enough, and give it a simple cool down, such as 2 minutes not a problem.

Gone are the days when i wished i had it for Lady Deathwhisper HC

You already have the same threat assist every other ranged has, having to get to 130% of threat instead of the 110% melee have to deal with. Perhaps once all the melee have threat dumps, we can talk.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.