Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Is this "caster legendary" really casters only?

Simple question, and I'm too lazy to dig thru all the blue posts. Is the intent to be ranged DPS only, or is the term caster in this context to mean ranged DPS and healing priests/druids (that is, intellect users in general)?

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

I kinda hope this is dps only. Healers got the mace in ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Pretty sure they stated it was for DPS but cba to look it up while raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Let's not degrade this to another healers versus DPS thread, at least not until the original question is answered.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Simple question, and I'm too lazy to dig thru all the blue posts. Is the intent to be ranged DPS only, or is the term caster in this context to mean ranged DPS and healing priests/druids (that is, intellect users in general)?
    i think it includes healers

I hope it's not only a caster dps staff but also restricted to mages, locks, and priests. We won't know until they release the stats though so all we can do is guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's supposed to be a dps staff, but I don't think any information about the stats or proc it has are available yet so it remains to be seen if it will be good for healers or not.

It probably got a great DPS only proq or buff. Just like the healer mace got the shield proq. Just to make sure you won't give it to a healer and make the dps cry.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Quote Originally Posted by The Troll Rogue View Post
    I hope it's not only a caster dps staff but also restricted to mages, locks, and priests. We won't know until they release the stats though so all we can do is guess.
    Yeah, cause Shamans and Druids have been swimming in Legendaries since 2005, especially the non-healing ones! (Wait)

I play a Retri Pala btw, and I'm still saying this.

Deleted
    Well see it like this it will have caster stats on it. Every healer (except paladin) can also deal damage as off-specc and I can see healers who already are taking "dps" weapon as MH weapons (such as restoration shaman, restoration druids and holy priests) going with the caster legendary.

The only thing that could prevent this is some sort of stacking buff the staff applies to its wielder every time they cast an offensive spell, anything else and healers can just get the procc using 1 or 2 offensive spells and than going back to healing.

probably some kind of dps-only proc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
    Yeah, cause Shamans and Druids have been swimming in Legendaries since 2005, especially the non-healing ones! (Wait)

Even if it wasn't the best they had the ulduar mace. At the same time druids had a legendary staff back in the day of old Naxx and shamans had ragnaros (Yes there were shaman who used and wanted it).

Warlocks and Mages have had the staff and.........oh wait that is all they had.

Imo keep this staff restricted to specific classes or give it hit :P

probably will have hit, healers had the one in ulduar, time for the lazer shooterz!

Because Atiesh doesn't count, right?

We had a staff DPS+Heals (Atiesh), a sword for melee (Thunderfury), two swords for Warriors and Rogues (Twin Blades), A bow for Hunters (Thori'dal), mace for healers (Val'anyr), and a 2handed sword for melee (Shadowmourne).

I count 4 total DPS only weapons.
    Only one DPS+Heal Hybrid, and one heals only.

It's time for another hybrid weapon imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phosey View Post

We had a staff DPS+Heals (Atiesh), a sword for melee (Thunderfury), two swords for Warriors and Rogues (Twin Blades), A bow for Hunters (Thori'dal), mace for healers (Val'anyr), and a 2handed sword for melee (Shadowmourne).

Actually if I count correctly its time for a tank legendary.

It should be a DPS only, but just like shadowmourne, you know people it wasn't designed for will be getting it claiming it's BiS and jipping people who it will be better for out of a chance.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly it's DPS only, but it could be viable for healers...I wouldn't count on it though

Quote Originally Posted by Dorph View Post

ele shamans don't use staves

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Imo keep this staff restricted to specific classes or give it hit :P
    Hit or a very strong "on spell damage done" proc would be the only way I could see it being locked to DPS.

Class-locking it won't do any good, as it would be locked to druid/priest/warlock/mage, and half of those classes can heal (theoretically shaman too, but I've never heard of a guild giving a shaman priority on staffs).

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Quote Originally Posted by Phosey View Post

Don't expect it's gonna be based on how many there's been, it's more likely to be based on which is the furthest away, time wise, which would be caster DPS (Atiesh).