Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    After this caster staff, they could make a twin shield type of legendary. In which after gathering the prerequisites and doing the quests, you'll be able to choose between a tank or a healing shield. Both look the same except a different aura/colour. Also saying this as a dps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Troll Rogue View Post
    I hope it's not only a caster dps staff but also restricted to mages, locks, and priests. We won't know until they release the stats though so all we can do is guess.
    Ele shaman, and Balance druid would like to hurt you
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Phosey View Post
    We had a staff DPS+Heals (Atiesh), a sword for melee (Thunderfury), two swords for Warriors and Rogues (Twin Blades), A bow for Hunters (Thori'dal), mace for healers (Val'anyr), and a 2handed sword for melee (Shadowmourne).

I count 4 total DPS only weapons.
    Only one DPS+Heal Hybrid, and one heals only.

It's time for another hybrid weapon imo.
    Tank or DPS Mace/Axe. Enhance Shaman haven't had a legendary...well, ever, if you don't count the 2h mace from Ragnaros (which you left off the list), and tanks (aside from DK's who tanked with Shadowmourne) haven't had any.

It's Hunter Loot

/thread
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Even if it wasn't the best they had the ulduar mace.

Wasnt the best? Wasnt valanyr even amazing up until icc hm's?

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    ele shamans don't use staves
    If it's a legendary, why not?

Sig created by Darknstormy

Easy to make the proc apply to Spell Damage and not Spell Healing - after all, Shaman imbues can do this, and we have 2 slots on our stat page to track this as well. Easy way to make it "unappealing" proc wise to a healer. Don't make it buff the healing, and only trigger for damage spells anyway. (Damage/offensive maybe, not sure you'd want it going off on a CC or something depending.)

*shrug* As for shamans not using staves, if the proc is good enough, I can see them wanting to use it. If the proc is a DPS gain over shield/1h ... you bet your sweet tush that they'll want it, and use it, and if good enough, get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Lionheart View Post
    Tank or DPS Mace/Axe. Enhance Shaman haven't had a legendary...well, ever, if you don't count the 2h mace from Ragnaros (which you left off the list), and tanks (aside from DK's who tanked with Shadowmourne) haven't had any.
    Hi, my name is Thunderfury, and my proc applied the thunderclap debuff and caused loads of threat. Tanks loved me and I still produced loads of threat until they nerfed me in BC.

Sig created by Darknstormy

My thoughts on the staff was, considering you obtain it through a long prcess of hand-ins among other things, that it may have a "Choose your stats" type thing... Take the Ashen Verdict rings for example. I mean the staff might be for everyone who can use staves (except warriors because that is moronic)

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    Pretty sure they stated it was for DPS but cba to look it up while raiding.
    I
    hate
    your

That pokemon killed me a lot :|

Yeah, no.

Considering the +int to shield enchant is now +int to ALL offhands, a PvE elemental shaman can use whatever the hell they want. Their BiS offhand is the heroic Book of Binding Will from Halfus at the moment. That enchant was the only reason to use a shield over a staff in raiding.

Denying an elemental shaman an equal chance at the staff for the simple fact that you aren't informed on how they're supposed to gear is retarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaxxess View Post
    and tanks had one since, oh wait never. Unless you count thunderfury in which case tanks are STILL further away, god damn it give me a legendary!
    I want to for once be the one with a useful orange weapon in my guild T_T
    problem with a tank legendary is that there are 3 kinds of tanks, bear, sword/board, and Dks

If i had to guess, the next one would be a 1h axe then warriors,rogues,enh shaman, hunters, dks, paladins would be able to use it. I think its a fair bet we'd never see a agi dagger since that would really only help rogues/hunters. They can't make it a tank shield because that screws over the other two tank classes (2 out of 30 specs). healers/2h melee, and now casters will have had their turn recently. they really can't make it a quest where you have options, because that defeats the purpose of it being legendary.

I think one of the best options would be a 1h axe or sword with STR that can change into one with AGI, kind of like shadowstrike/thunderstrike. Give a fresh legendary to sword/board tanks and DW classes. (feral druids are kind of out of luck =/)

Or maybe they'll just make a legendary neck again, or maybe a cloak for tanks since not being able to see the legendary-ness is kind of boring.

bottom line is everybody is going to be jealous because someone gets something and they don't. everyone's been complaining about dps heroic queues, as soon as blizz gives tanks/healers a bonus for taking one for the team, the dps are all over it QQing and demanding they get rewards... It was really quite amusing.

for now though, I hope it is strictly caster Dps (even though I play as a resto shaman and a rogue)
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Three red sockets, haste + hit, offensive spell proc (most likely stacking effect).

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolette View Post
    I
    hate
    your

That pokemon killed me a lot :|
    Hah, i've been slacking on my playing of it. But I saw this one on serebii and decided it MUST be my avatar because it fits it just too well.

If the proc is good enough i'm pretty sure an ele shaman wouldn't mind using a stave.

Deleted
    Rather sure it's only for dps due to the massive amount of rage from holy paladins and resto shamans that can't use it, and since wow is the way it is that's not ok

Quote Originally Posted by CLaxxess View Post
    Actually if I count correctly its time for a tank legendary.
    Don't worry. Deathwing's chin awaits in patch 4.4 or so. The ultimate shield...

Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    Rather sure it's only for dps due to the massive amount of rage from holy paladins and resto shamans that can't use it, and since wow is the way it is that's not ok
    ...someone has not been listening. No more shield only Int enchants. If the BOE crap staff had dropped for me before shields and one handed daggers/maces, Id have gladly snapped it up and stuck heartsong on it.

And the same goes for this staff. If it doesn't have +hit on it as the secondary stat (and honestly, it'd have to be a LOT of [or only?]hit to make me hesitate in taking it because of reforging...and besides, a little hit never hurt for lightning bolt spams...make the mana gain much bigger). The only thing I can see making a resto shaman (or any healer for that matter...'cept Pallies :P) back off of it in favor of a DPS is some sort of redic proc that'd be stupid not to gear yer dps out in.

That said...it will probably still be BiS for healers ('cept Pallies :P) and many of us will have it complete before the end of the expansion--even if it is after most of the DPS in our raids.

Also, did someone mention something about the healer mace in ICC HM? I dunno, I never had it, but I dunno if I'd have wanted to use it over Heroic Trauma + 4 set resto bonus...SO MANY HOTS ALL THE TIME. Then things got real crazy when you popped the Glowing Scale trinket or whatever it was called from RS.

Here's to wondering - can you reforge a Legendary?

I kinda hope not, weirdly.

But an Intellect staff with no Spirit, and a 'change on damaging spellcast' effect would be pretty epic... err... legendary.