... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    wtf? Ever heard of an Incubus?
    That looks interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Male Succubus....

I am intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Depends on how they are actually going to look... but honestly I have no idea how they will make those demons look female and not ridiculous at the same time.
    Or everyone is focusing to much on 'Exact Female Counterparts' and outside the obvious Incubus/Succubus debate, the rest might be completely different demons, tho with the Felpup it could possibly just be a color change. A pink pup would be as deadly as a red!

And while someone pointed out only male Felguards exist, well uh, how exactly would they breed up their numbers? I mean this isn't Pokemon. We don't have no Ditto sitting in the Daycare.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, so many people didn't know there were Incubus's(?) o.O?

But yeah, they would be the male Succubus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelt View Post
    In my oppinion, the idea to differentiate between male and female demons is rather pointless. Lore wise, a demon is neither male nor female. It's kind of neutral.
    For example the succubus is a demon, which takes on a female form to seduce males. Its counterpart is the incubus, which appears as a male in order to seduce women. The demons' gender doesn't matter at all.
    From this point of view, if they decide to make a male and a female warlock pet the pet's abilities should work on the opposite gender only and that wouldn't work very well as a game mechanic.
    Except this is wrong because they do not merely use their appearance to do their work. They use sorcery, i.e. a spell called Seduction. What appears in the recipient's head is not necessarily the Succubus's (or Incubus's) form. If the gender does not matter, why should it matter then if an Incubus uses the spell on your character? Contradiction much? Where do you get the notion that Demons don't have genders from? Certainly not WoW's lore, with its male and female Eredar.

tl;dr: There are no male succubi. The moment a warlock orders his incubus to seduce me, I'm gonna puke all over my keyboard.
    Cool. Maybe you'll puke out all your immaturity. I have to deal with silly Succubi seducing my characters, even though they couldn't be any duller to me.

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LolToon View Post
    And while someone pointed out only male Felguards exist, well uh, how exactly would they breed up their numbers? I mean this isn't Pokemon. We don't have no Ditto sitting in the Daycare.
    Corruption of another species, perhaps like Ogres? They're not unique in being a "male" only race. Sayaad and Shivarra could've been female only, but Blizzard has alluded to Incubi before, so it's a known fact that the latter do have males. Even Satyr are male only, for reasons I cannot fathom, since they're the Night Elf equivalent of a Felblood or Fel orc.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2011-04-15 at 11:52 AM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Changes like these are always welcome but its better to consume their time/energy/money on smth bigger and better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolToon View Post
    Or everyone is focusing to much on 'Exact Female Counterparts' and outside the obvious Incubus/Succubus debate, the rest might be completely different demons, tho with the Felpup it could possibly just be a color change. A pink pup would be as deadly as a red!

Actually, speaking of Felguards, there is no proof one way or another. Only males of the Mo'arg demon species has ever been seen, but Blizzard could add lore to make one show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post

Corruption of another species, perhaps like Ogres? They're not unique in being a "male" only race. Sayaad and Shivarra could've been female only, but Blizzard has alluded to Incubi before, so it's a known fact that the latter do have males. Even Satyr are male only, for reasons I cannot fathom, since they're the Night Elf equivalent of a Felblood or Fel orc.
    There are also only Male Ogres, and only Male Fel orcs in game.

This is mainly because Blizzard doesn't feel the need to add a female equivalent to every single mob in game :P

GIVE ME AN INCUBUS!
    mawhahahaha >

tho i dotn really get any of the others >:
    would i be able to switch between genders? i mean i like my succy but if i can have a smexy dude one i want that sometimes too o_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Actually, speaking of Felguards, there is no proof one way or another. Only males of the Mo'arg demon species has ever been seen, but Blizzard could add lore to make one show up.

There are also only Male Ogres, and only Male Fel orcs in game.

This is mainly because Blizzard doesn't feel the need to add a female equivalent to every single mob in game :P
    In the case of Orcs though at least you know they have a female counterpart. The other possibility for Ogres is that the females look exactly the same as the males.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10 million internets to the one who can point to me the part of any summonable voidwalker that indicates it's already male
    somebody call for d doctor?

I'm going to use an Incubus over a Succubus in PvP just for the slim chance that I get to seduce some homophobe with it.

That aside, can't really imagine any of the other demons having genders.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe i'm too pessi/optimistic (depends) but blizzard didnt confirm that they release "bi-gender-demons"

they said, they are working on it... like they worked on new dances for the races, and other useless stuff...
    and yet theses things got... LOST...

this way or another... its an 50:50 interresting idea... because no one knows how a female imp, female void, male succubus(incubus) and female Felguard looks like... felhunter ist hard to tell if it has a gender to begin with...

Deleted
    tbh blizz should fix other stuff and leave this male/female stuff alone..

maybe fix our pets when we dismount so that they have full health ? instead of dismount 10-20% health a few seconds later 100% health :S

yes (askldjasdkldsajsdaklj letter count)

There are many more pressing issues than this with warlocks. Make us viable for 10 man heroics before this, please.

Personally i think its stupid, i don't recall ever lookin at a female warlock and thinking ,well gee she has male pets. If the art teams really wanted to do something for lock it should be green fire, male/female druid skins would be nice since you know, its actually the player who is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It's a really bad idea, especially for the succubus. Consider the average maturity of the wow community, how many people will be happy to be seduced by a man? Even I will be a little annoyed by it.
    what a typicall homofobic comment. Let me guess, you are a man?

I think it's an absolute waste of time. They go on about how they can't do certain things because of time restrictions, but they will happily waste time giving a pet the option to be of either sex.

I think it's awesome. In fact, it's so awesome I might start pvp'ing on my warlock to be able to seduce people with my Incubus. Seems to be hitting a lot of people's soft spots. Can't wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    10 million internets to the one who can point to me the part of any summonable voidwalker that indicates it's already male
    It's female. From a thread a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by jpwkeeper View Post
    Yes, voidwalkers have geneders.

I always thought of my Voidwalker, Helgak, as male, until the quest in the Wetlands where you raid the ghost ship and get the debuff that turns you into a zombie.

My voidie got turned into a zombie several times, always female, revealing that Helgak was really more of a Helga K.