Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invinciblebug View Post
    My disc logs:

world #1 healing on omnotron 10 hc, pre nerf (0 innervates)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...61#Fishypriest

Atramades 10 hc post nerf (0 innervates)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...79#Fishypriest

And another disc in my guild:

Al'akir 10 normal post nerf
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...6#Birdiewubwub

Omnotron 10 hc post nerf
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...0#Birdiewubwub

Just a few examples. Shield spamming has it's place but just because it tops meters doesn't mean it's the end of all problems solution.

Sorry but I feel I should point something out that perhaps most people in this thread haven't considered.

Firstly, if you have a log for healing then it means that your raid are the X ranked raid in the world at taking damage without wiping.

Secondly, if your raid takes damage then you will always get more heals on the meters as disc because absorbs are 0% overheal essentially, and any overheal is palmed off onto healers pre-casting to catch damage etc etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredhitchcock View Post
    Firstly, if you have a log for healing then it means that your raid are the X ranked raid in the world at taking damage without wiping.
    Wrong, not at all the case, it is a variable of many things, the biggest being the amount of healers you use.
    If you raid is good at not taking damage you can get away with less healers, as thus there would be more for each healer to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredhitchcock View Post
    Secondly, if your raid takes damage then you will always get more heals on the meters as disc because absorbs are 0% overheal essentially, and any overheal is palmed off onto healers pre-casting to catch damage etc etc.
    Also not entirely true. It would be true if 100% of the priests healing were absorbs, but it isn't. Not even PW:S is 100% absorb because of the PW:S glyph which everyone uses.

Furthermore just because there's raid damage it doesn't mean disc automatically becomes the best healer, this is demonstrably false, just take a look at the top priests for heroic cho'gall 25. Among the priest specs, it is dominated by holy, not disc.

Deleted

disc

atm at disc i can easily top all of boss with our guild. also topped many bosses in heroic wol's. just keep spamming pw:s + penance for set bonus + poh.

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    Better healing is quite vague and generalized, healing is a beast of it's own, we have limitations on how much we can actually heal, it's all dependent on the amount of dmg being taken at any certain time, fights like Chimeron (sp?) I can run circles around all the other heals because of my AoE healing, but fights like Nef where I'm healing our Nef tank, the paladin tank gets a head start on the meters because no one is taking dmg for 15 - 20 seconds. Also what happens when the paladin heals the tank before I do? It's overhealing so again having better healing isn't always the case it's more about healers working together to get the job done. I like to think that healers are in a good place right now.
    Plz toss a space in there next time...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Wrong, not at all the case, it is a variable of many things, the biggest being the amount of healers you use.
    If you raid is good at not taking damage you can get away with less healers, as thus there would be more for each healer to heal.

Also not entirely true. It would be true if 100% of the priests healing were absorbs, but it isn't. Not even PW:S is 100% absorb because of the PW:S glyph which everyone uses.

Furthermore just because there's raid damage it doesn't mean disc automatically becomes the best healer, this is demonstrably false, just take a look at the top priests for heroic cho'gall 25. Among the priest specs, it is dominated by holy, not disc.

I know. I know, right? I know, don't post rebuking something that I know when I was keeping it simple. Always happens on these forums. You make something simple, and someone jumps on you trying to look more knowledgeable by pointing out all the oversights you made, and this makes them feel really good.

I know healing is dependant on how many you have to start off with. That and the amount of raid damage taken = healing logs. Healing logs mean fuck all, they are pointless except to gauge how well you are doing personally with overheals and other things. This is the point I was trying to make. I don't care about being 100% right, I care about getting the point across that healing records are complete junk. Maybe next time if I take the time to write a fucking essay about the "problem" with healing logs people like you might fuck off instead of just reading posts and thinking "oh no lol, how silly, he's not thought about x and y! I should reply and tell him what he forgot about."

I know. I'm just lazy as fuck, and seriously you missed the point of the OP in your haste to reply and "put me right".

Seriously though, this whole thread is pretty silly. Everyone knows disc priests can top meters easier than any other healing spec. Easier does not mean better. So who really cares? If people just want more reasons for other healers to dislike disc priest "healing" by all means keep posting logs and bragging about how you "pwn" the other healers. More nerfs will surely follow.

Blizzard has said time and time again how thay dislike how effective disc is for as easy as shield spamming is, but players keep begging for disc to be simple and overpowered, want to brag about their logs, but then cry when the nerf bat hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariahna View Post
    Seriously though, this whole thread is pretty silly. Everyone knows disc priests can top meters easier than any other healing spec. Easier does not mean better. So who really cares? If people just want more reasons for other healers to dislike disc priest "healing" by all means keep posting logs and bragging about how you "pwn" the other healers. More nerfs will surely follow.

Blizzard has said time and time again how thay dislike how effective disc is for as easy as shield spamming is, but players keep begging for disc to be simple and overpowered, want to brag about their logs, but then cry when the nerf bat hits.
    A silly thread indeed! However, I posted it because I am interested in spell breakdowns, and World of Logs is great to see just how other Discs play. :] I never manage to top the meters, however I don't spam PW:S and we still clear content so - whatever!

xo

I will top meters when FFA healing, but in HMs I am a tank healer & have no time to cast PoH. I do not have atonement and on HM Halfus, fall just behind the druids (FFA healing) and before the paladins. Should I be topping the meters as a tank healer?
    In every class I've played, single target tank healing yields lower HPS. Do most Disc priests not exclusively tank heal?
    A question, what are folks using for in game meters for Disc. Is Recount+absorbs no good? I've heard it over estimates absorbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariahna View Post

I agree and hope my post didn't come off as 'bragging' I was just trying to answer the OP.
    The thread has become silly but I do enjoy analyzing spell breakdowns and percentages on World of Logs. It's easy to find the top 100 disc priests or resto druids, etc. However there's something about looking at 'real' people's logs - real people who visit the same site as I do and read the same forum I do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cast shield on 10 people, pull boss, instant 30k hps.

its stupid and not really healing, but it sure tops meters, really need to turn disc back into the tank healer spec and get rid of the spammy poor gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkin View Post
    Plz toss a space in there next time...
    Ummm I see lots of spaces in my post thank you! If you mean could I break it up a tad so it was easier to read, I could have but didn't seem necessary seeing as I wasn't writing a wall of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Contravene View Post
    In my opinion since Priest healers wear cloth they should have better healing.

RP much?

filler.