Thread: Curse Premium

Curse Premium

I had a quick question. Since MMO-Champion is technically owned by Curse.com. When will the people that have a Curse Premium membership be allowed to turn off all the ads on the site? I feel like most sites allow for the people who are paying members get to look at websites ad/commercial-free. Am I missing out on the option or is it just not an option yet?

Thanks for the responses.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure nothing like this is planned, kind of like it isn't planned to have a curse premium only board.

Deleted
    Moved to suggestions and feedback.

pro tip if you dont want so see ads just get ad block plus i have been using it for years now the only real reason to get curse premium is to disable the ads in the curse client ( you can do that with out having premium tho ) and unlimited amounts of updates for addons running at the same time

15+ Year Old Account
    adblock is evil

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    adblock is evil
    Well... I'm sure that makes most firefox/safari users evil

adblock is evil
    Regardless if it's ethical or not, it makes you MUCH more secure against browser based exploits.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Regardless if it's ethical or not, it makes you MUCH more secure against browser based exploits.
    We have a french guy and some computer dudes... What are we afraid of...?

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Ad block is a good solution but since this site runs on ads (no ads = no mmo-champion), it's preferred if people don't block ads here.
    Remember when this site was exposed to a flash based exploit that keylogged a buttload of people? Yeah, no thanks.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Well... I'm sure that makes most firefox/safari users evil
    how so?

<-- FF user

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    We have a french guy and some computer dudes... What are we afraid of...?
    I'm afraid of shady advertising partners.

build pics

It's quite easy:

1.) Get Curse Premium
    2.) get Adblock +

If you don't want to buy Curse Premium, don't use Adblock Plus !

Most sites rely on Google Ads or any ads, so blocking them hurts them in terms of revenue which they need for paying servers, traffic and stuff.

So it is within your own decision if you want to use it or not.

Deleted
    how so?

<-- FF user
    Nearly all FF users i know have adblock. So does the safari users (myself included).

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Remember when this site was exposed to a flash based exploit that keylogged a buttload of people? Yeah, no thanks.
    When? It was absolutely not a flash exploit, and it was just a nasty spyware, not a keylogger. And even if it was a very minor problem that nobody would have noticed I still communicated on it.

Oh and to answer the OP, ultimately I wouldn't mind doing that but it would also mean an unified login system and a lot of annoyance for everyone. We might do it at some point, but not if we can't do it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Oh and to answer the OP, ultimately I wouldn't mind doing that but it would also mean an unified login system and a lot of annoyance for everyone. We might do it at some point, but not if we can't do it nicely.
    Never thought I'd see a response from Boub to a post of mine but thanks Boub, I can see how a login system like that could create a lot of hassle and probably a lot of QQers because a lot of people don't like change. If there eventually is this feature it'd be great, the ads aren't that annoying it's more just the extra ads actually increase the amount of battery my laptop uses to view it so it makes it hard to stroll around on MMO-Champ at the same time I'm in class :P

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Ad block is a good solution but since this site runs on ads (no ads = no mmo-champion), it's preferred if people don't block ads here.
    That's not much of an excuse not to use it ad block anymore considering mmo-champion is now owned by Curse.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    That's not much of an excuse not to use it ad block anymore considering mmo-champion is now owned by Curse.
    The Garfield plushies Boub has have to come from somewhere