Thread: Priest T1 setup

10+ Year Old Account

Priest T1 setup

I've been grinding MC trying to fill out a T1 setup to go along with Benediction.

I can't post links yet so in a nutshell;
    T1 (8/8)
    Neck, cloak, wand and rings with +spirit on them
    Benediction

But for the life of me I can't figure out what trinkets to get or use.

Looking at the possible drops I see a few items that would work such as the Talisman of Ephemeral Power but I know that wasn't for healers back in the day due to the spell/heal power differential. I know there weren't exactly a plethora of trinkets way back when but they did exist. So what were priests running around with back in the day? I sure as heck can't remember. If they were using something that doesn't come from MC please let me know.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place; while it is priest related it's not exactly mechanic related or anything)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Level_60_healing_equipment

Trinkets Edit Item Healing Intellect Spirit MP5 Notes
    Solo and BoE
    [Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (Priest)] +33 0 0 4 Quest:Holy Bologna: What the Light Won't Tell You reward (100%)
    Instances
    [Second Wind] +22 0 0 0 Blackrock Depths - Golem Lord Argelmach (8%)
    40 Man Raid Instances
    [Eye of the Dead] +70 0 0 0 Naxxramas - Sapphiron (15%)
    [Rejuvenating Gem] +66 0 0 9 Blackwing Lair - Firemaw (9%), Ebonroc (7%), Flamegor (6%)

Just in case you haven't heard, check out http://www.wowpedia.org - most of the WoWWiki editors moved there.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really helpful but I'm looking for information regarding T1 alone which would have been the ten man dungeons, Molten Core and Ony (granted a lot has changed since then), it's an odd request.

Quote Originally Posted by Iapetus View Post
    That's really helpful but I'm looking for information regarding T1 alone which would have been the ten man dungeons, Molten Core and Ony (granted a lot has changed since then), it's an odd request.
    The only epic trinkets in the Molten Core range are: http://www.wowhead.com/item=18820 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=17064
    One of those is no longer available, so you're good to go with blue trinkets.
    For blue trinkets, there are 4 possible drops in Blackwing depths or Blackrock Spire.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2011-04-16 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iapetus View Post
    You're either referring to just BRS, which wasn't a T1 raid, or Strat/Scholo before they became 5-mans, which weren't T1 content either.

As for T1 trinkets, there's literally only one caster trinket available now with the changes to Onyxia. Most players back then were raiding with whatever they could find for their trinket slot. The only other options I can think of besides T2+ trinkets are the ZG trinket (obviously not available) and UBRS trinket.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Deleted
    Why 10 man dungeons? They never dropped T1. What 10 man dungeons? Scholo/Strat pre-nerf or BRS post-nerf? AQ20 is now AQ10, too.

As for trinkets the Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas was quite popular among some classes, the Talisman was strictly DPS and the one from Onyxia was awfully rare. Eyes of the Beast and the other class trinkets (the Shaman's Enamoured Water Spirit is the only one I remember) were also good choices for T1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I meant Strath/Scholo and I know they aren't part of T1 but with how little trinkets there were to begin with coupled with how much old content has been removed or updated I was hoping maybe I could just snag something from them.

Seems like what I assumed initially was correct and I'll just be leaving the trinket slots empty (not that it was a huge deal to begin with since it's just a silly costume) Thanks for you input everyone.