Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow Priest Healing WTF?!

Like seriously why is it that shadow priest is the only one with shitty healing...

It seems like my heals as shadow isn't effected by spell power unlike boomkins where they have awesome heals or ret paladins...

wanna heal? go holy or disc

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if troll.

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Deleted
    wow here we go another non-healing spec complaining about healing...

And fyi Boomkins and retris heals arent that op at top levels

Quote Originally Posted by Lucianlol View Post
    wow here we go another non-healing spec complaining about healing...

And fyi Boomkins and retris heals arent that op at top levels
    hope youre trolling because rets heals are stupid good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healthpackk View Post
    AGREED. this x100000

Boomkins and rets are the only hybrids with good heals, the order really goes

Ret>Boomkin>Priest(due to shield)>Shaman.

Having a couple of those hybrids myself, and having saved a couple of wipes on most of them I can say this.

The easiest class to recover a wipe with is the Boomkin, HoT the tank, battleres the healer and innervate the healer and go back to nuking. As a ret I can get off a couple of really big heals fairly quickly, but the mana drains away like water through a sieve. As a shaman I feel that the mana is less of a problem, I can keep going for a lot longer, but my heals don't do as much as the paladin off-heals do (strangely enough, perhaps, since my shaman is better geared than my paladin and have a much greater gear overlap with resto than the paladin have with holy). I haven't got my priest up to high levels yet, so I haven't tried that out in heroic dungeon and/or raid content.

If you are talking about healing in instances on lower levels - 30-60-ish, I feel that it's about the same for all the hybrids, provided you actually collect a healing set to use. Trying to heal in a retri DPS set will leave you short on Int, meaning both smaller heals and manapool (Same goes for the other melee hybrids - feral and enhancement).

Quote Originally Posted by xpyr0m4n View Post
    Like seriously why is it that shadow priest is the only one with shitty healing...

It seems like my heals as shadow isn't effected by spell power unlike boomkins where they have awesome heals or ret paladins...
    lolwut? S.H.A.D.O.W.P.R.I.E.S.T

Hehe...hehehe...hehehehe... boomkins good healing? You gotta be kidding me. Considering we actually have to pop out of moonkin form to heal, which is very invasive to dps, and gets us gibbed in pvp, compared to a ret pally (switch out a finisher) or spriest (passive, PASSIVE!!!!). Also, spriest does scale with sp, but indirectly. It is % damage based, so sp=damage=vampiric embrace heals.

That said about boomkin self healing, they do have the utility of innervates and battle rez, they are better as a support than pure self healing. And I have never had good experiences trying to self heal as boomkin, so I am biased.

So... did I answer a question or feed it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

When warriors and rogues has better self heals (that cost no mana and cannot be dispelled or interrupted) than a "hybrid", I begin to wonder at the sanity of the developers.

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 04:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Hehe...hehehe...hehehehe... boomkins good healing? You gotta be kidding me. Considering we actually have to pop out of moonkin form to heal, which is very invasive to dps, and gets us gibbed in pvp, compared to a ret pally (switch out a finisher) or spriest (passive, PASSIVE!!!!). Also, spriest does scale with sp, but indirectly. It is % damage based, so sp=damage=vampiric embrace heals.

That said about boomkin self healing, they do have the utility of innervates and battle rez, they are better as a support than pure self healing. And I have never had good experiences trying to self heal as boomkin, so I am biased.

So... did I answer a question or feed it?
    lol@embrace heals... so useless. Lifebloom >>>>>>> renew/PW:S/casting-some-bullshit

But yeah shadow priest healing is shit.

Boomkins can out heal me vs double dps...

My flash heal is 11K heal with 6k mana cost.

Oh and I go oom really fast I love shadow !

Are you kidding me? Shadow Priest heals are probably the best of all the healer classes's DPS spec - except Ret of course :P. Ferals have horrible off healing, Boomkins are decent, and Shadow Priests top them.

Quote Originally Posted by DiZzyBonne View Post
    Are you kidding me? Shadow Priest heals are probably the best of all the healer classes's DPS spec - except Ret of course :P. Ferals have horrible off healing, Boomkins are decent, and Shadow Priests top them.
    except shadow priests have the lowest ability to get away so they CAN heal. boomkins can typhoon, nature's grasp, entangling roots, and shift out of snares, and go into stealth. Plus they can throw cheaps as FUCK lifeblooms on themselves while running away. I get to burn crazy amounts of mana on PW:S instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Healthpackk View Post
    hope YOUR trolling cause ret heals suck

I get the feeling this guy is just a troll.

one shield is about 5200 and flash heals are 5800...you go oom very quickly spamming those...and at that the shields only about 16k absorb a warrior will one crit that so fast

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
    hope YOUR trolling cause ret heals suck
    LOL

ret heals can hit for 60k on others with selfless healer

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL skrew hai bro

or 12k w/ 3 hp but yeah i can see how you got 60

Hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhaha anuibus <3 oh hai.

On another note fuck death knights like really?

Do they even have to try against a spriest.