Question Advice on soloing Oculus (if possible?)

I'm looking to complete the few scattered remnant achievements I need for the Red Proto Drake. Mostly I just have the Oculus ones left, and I would love to be able to cross some of those off on my own.

I've seen bits and pieces of information that it's possible to solo Oculus, but no concrete info. Can anyone confirm if this is possible, and if so are you able to provide the tips/strategies/etc?

Thanks very much!

Not sure if you are trying this for the mount but if so, stop. You can only get it from the satchel that drops when you get in it via random dungeon finder and 85's can not queue for oculus at all. Confirmed it with a GM. If not, disregard this post.

Thanks for that advice, but no I'm not trying for the blue drake mount, just the achievements.
    Last edited by Spider; 2011-04-16 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coulterbart View Post
    Not sure if you are trying this for the mount but if so, stop. You can only get it from the satchel that drops when you get in it via random dungeon finder and 85's can not queue for oculus at all. Confirmed it with a GM. If not, disregard this post.
    He stated in his post that he isdoing it for the achieve stuff. So no, he's not going for the drake in the bag.
    Also, the drake was removed from the bag and added back to maly10.

And finally, being confirmed by GM is roughly the equivalent to the cause of your computer issues being confirmed by the customer service guy in india following a flowchart in a binder. They are customer service people. They are not infallible know everything about WoW people. That myth needs to end now.

Quote Originally Posted by coulterbart View Post
    OP already said whats he was doing Learn to read before you answer.

whats your class. spec? pretty sure its possible everything else can pretty much be soloed
    http://www.pverogues.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledragon View Post
    That poor rat.
    Why didn't anyone throw it a brez?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    User: And I was like, baby baby baby ooooh.
    Cleverbot: I hate justin bieber.

Not sure if you have attempted it yet, as I have not, but with the mounts scaling with gear level, it should be possible to solo the drake achievements. At least the green healing drake and the red tanking drake shouldn't be too bad as long as they continue to scale with Cata gear levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    He stated in his post that he isdoing it for the achieve stuff. So no, he's not going for the drake in the bag.
    Also, the drake was removed from the bag and added back to maly10.

It was not removed from the satchel, only added to maly10 man.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's even possible to solo it, the last boss for sure, would have to be done with a green drake, I see no way around this.
    It would be nearly impossible to keep alive using either of the other two long enough to finish the final boss.

That said, even if you can solo it with a green drake, I have no idea if it would count for the one that has everyone in the same color drake, it might require 5 individuals or at least more than 2 or something... I'm not positive, as I havent tried myself, but I'll look into it.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    It was not removed from the satchel, only added to maly10 man.
    Sorry, not to derail, but are you positive? Last I heard/seen in patch notes is that the Blue still drops from Random Occulus. Malygos 10 and 25 both drop Azure. Few weeks back on another toon I was doing Maly 10 with some others for the drake and the Azure one drops. So unless Malygos 10 drops both Blue and Azure, then it's still just Azure.

Quote Originally Posted by narzinor View Post
    If it's even possible to solo it, the last boss for sure, would have to be done with a green drake, I see no way around this.
    It would be nearly impossible to keep alive using either of the other two long enough to finish the final boss.

That said, even if you can solo it with a green drake, I have no idea if it would count for the one that has everyone in the same color drake, it might require 5 individuals or at least more than 2 or something... I'm not positive, as I havent tried myself, but I'll look into it.
    I believe the way the achieve is worded it would count if you were solo'ing though I have not tested this nor seen anyone test it to fully confirm. Might try it this weekend on one of the ones I need and see how it goes.

Secondly, I've also heard, and again not seen, that you can dps down the last boss without a drake. So if you were to go in with a drake and it dies make sure you land on a platform and see how it goes. Might be only possible for a Shaman, Druid, Priest, or Warlock, possibly mage with Evocate Glyph. The other classes might be trickier as I'm not sure if he will go into melee range/she hits hard enough to go without any type of heal.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-04-16 at 08:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    the drakes do scale but i couldn't solo it on a green drake maybe a couple of months ago. maybe i was just crap but i don't think i was anywhere near completing it. it felt like you don't have enough globals to apply to 3 stacks of poison to everything to kill them in a reasonable time without killing yourself and eventually you get billions of little adds.
    Last edited by SoulPoetry; 2011-04-16 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    I have some memory of there being a cap atleast on the tanks in ulduar, noticed it during icc, so not impossible they capped it for oculus to.