Deleted

Disc Priest Dealing Damage Problem

Hello guys i started wow the period that cata was released and am now playing my first 85 character who is disc for 2 months. I am mainly doing pvp. My healing its good in bg and arenas but i have a problem with the damage i deal. In duels for example a rarely win because despite that i keep my self alive it is very difficult for me to get the their health low and takes mush time. I don't thing i have so serious problem with my gear, can anyone told what i may doing wrong or perhaps some dealing damage tactics in a disc priest?

Sorry for bad English

Because this is my fist post am not allowed to put any links so to view my armory profile go to Europe armory and type monito, my realm is Sunstrider

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'd almost think it's not a dps spec.

Deleted
    there are 2 options of what you are, a troll, or a not to smart guy,

but disc is a healing spec mate, for damage edaling you should be shadow.

Deleted
    yea i know but its not holy so i could do some dps too i mean my dps is very low even for disc

Priests are the only class that actually have two healing talent trees. Disc is one of those two and Holy is obviously the other. Shadow is the talent tree you want to pick for dealing damage. So you'll have to choose whether you'd prefer to heal and not be as good at dealing damage or if you want to do more damage but heal for less. If you go for the damage, you'll have to learn a whole new playstyle though because shadow is very different. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merrily hop-skips away.

No man, you missed the point. Disc priests aren't supposed to have better dps than holy. Your dps is supposed to suck horribly as disc.

Deleted
    so i can't duel as disc right?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    smite smite smite smite smite smite smite smite smite. Thats it. Don't press archangel and use power infusion once you get 5 stacks of evangelism. Don't expect to go over 4k dps though, thats rly the max.

For duels, fake cast smites, keep dots rolling and again, don't expect to win.

Deleted
    You won't be able to solo classes down like last season, our nukes were nerfed and other classes got self heals. You will be lucky to even win duels these days. You pretty much wanna stick to healing and if someone gets low you can throw in a few spikes into mb/swd.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-04-16 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I smell a troll!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    smite smite smite smite smite smite smite smite smite. Thats it. Don't press archangel and use power infusion once you get 5 stacks of evangelism. Don't expect to go over 4k dps though, thats rly the max.

Thanks a lot really thats the reply i needed how to deal damage with disc even a little

Quote Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
    Disc priests aren't supposed to have better dps than holy.
    Actually they are.

However, the difference between the two specs is that while Holy dps is almost non-existant, disc dps is just crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticstatic View Post
    I smell a troll!
    actually am forsaken

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You won't be able to solo classes down like last season, our nukes were nerfed and other classes got self heals. You will be lucky to even wih duels these days. You pretty much wanna stick to healing and if someone gets low you can throw in a few spikes into mb/swd.
    thats true because i was watching some disc duels in youtube from last season and seeing how they get their opponents health low i thought i was doing something wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by algoma View Post
    there are 2 options of what you are, a troll, or a not to smart guy,

but disc is a healing spec mate, for damage edaling you should be shadow.
    You don't sound too (notice I used the right word there) smart yourself.
    He's talking about pvp, not pve, and occasionally there is a need to put pressure out. Against healers this will normally be by means of mana burning. If you want to deal damage, one of the best ways is to start by dotting up your target and healing through their initial burst. Once your mana is down to about 70% and their burst/ccs are on cooldown you'll want to pop PI, shadowfiend, then start on a mind spike/mind blast/shadow word: death spamfest.

Ultimately, disc is about the healing, not the pressure, but if there comes a time where you need to put out some damage, that's about the best way you will do it.

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post

Don't even listen to this guy. Smite is an awful option for dps. If your juke fails then you are locked out of your heals. To make you stop dpsing them down, they may go ahead and just interrupt your mind spike, in which case you would then switch to smite until your shadow spells are back up. Besides, your pvp spec shouldn't have evangelism or atonement
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2011-04-16 at 05:10 PM.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

As far as dueling goes, I don't think disc damage is really a problem, it's basically in line with the kind of damage you should expect from a healing class. The problem is that every class has some sort of self-heal so DPS vs Heals duels are non-existant these days because you can't just widdle down a DPS class like you could in previous expansions.

I think the only class you really have any chance of beating is a mage as they have limited self-heals , primary defensive tools can be dispelled, and being mana based makes them vulnerable to priest damage.