Deleted

Legendary - "Shard" Collection BoA?

Hey, so As we know next legendary is gone be a staff .. atleast its' said so im 99% sure.
    Anyhow .. If I read correctly, there will be shard collection, just like Shadowmourne and Val'anyr .. And I was thinking

Giving us the possibility to collect them on alts .. to then send to your mains .. As you know, Firelands will only have 7??? bosses .. Making it highly unlikely for more than 2+ people to get it, As you know in ICC you could run both 25 and 10 mans to start with, which made the farming a bit easier and that way people who raided every week for a year, would get 5-6-7 in one guild, which I dont think is going to be the case for a Patch thats gonna be up for 6+ months while you get locked for one 25 raid per week , and with the current difficulty it will take months before you even get Ragnaros down (if ever) .. So I think this is a good thing to implement .

I know for sure that im going to be third or fourth in line, which I personally think is unfair being almost always on top on my boomkin. But I have a few alts, and would be cool if we guildies could gather up, farm some up for alts, or creating pugs to farm the shards .

Sorry if my theres anything wrong with my english, also sorry if someone already posted this .

Kind Regards, Crashik!

EDIT: SHARDS NEVER DROPPED IN 10. OKAY CROSS IT !
    Last edited by mmoc91009b1df3; 2011-04-16 at 05:19 PM.

You couldn't run 10's and 25's for the shards back in ICC, and making them transferable across alts would make the "legendary" part of it feel less "legendary"

It was easier because you could do both 10 and 25? Shards never dropped in 10.

We also don't know how many "shards" there will be.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that having 10 and 25 separate affected was the fact that it made collecting souls faster. That's it.

Fragments of Val'anyr and Shadowfrost Shards still only drop in 25m, and the quests are still only completable in 25m (with the exception of the aforementioned soul quest).

To answer your question, legendaries aren't supposed to be easy. Having shards be BoA runs directly counter to that.

Deleted
    I think that they will keep the shards to bop to be honest, they don't want them to be created to quickly. Even though collecting them on alts will be a great idea, do you really think that you can get alts geared enough to run heroic firelands content to farm them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhatts View Post
    I think that they will keep the shards to bop to be honest, they don't want them to be created to quickly. Even though collecting them on alts will be a great idea, do you really think that you can get alts geared enough to run heroic firelands content to farm them?
    If im not wrong, it will drop from normal to but with lower chance ..
    Thats the thing .. also .. It wont be EASY which wouldn't really speed the process up THAT fast .. would just mean , that casters that have been playing the game for a long time, and are good on their thing, also can get it, cos right now, im only a raider and we got 2 officers that are mage/lock, resulting in, me not getting a legendary that i for so long wanted to have, May be QQ but .. I play this game for awesome stuff like legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Crashik View Post
    Hey, so As we know next legendary is gone be a staff .. atleast its' said so im 99% sure.
    Anyhow .. If I read correctly, there will be shard collection, just like Shadowmourne and Val'anyr ..
    Says who? As far as Im aware, the only thing announced about this is the fact that it exists.

Deleted
    Well .. have they said that any other legendary has been datamined? as I said im 99% sure, but .. Im not Completely sure

Deleted
    It is more than likely a collection quest, but you don't know how it will work or drop rates.
    HCs may be a 100% drop rate and normal kills be a 10% drop rate once some one has that stage in quest.
    GMs/officers '9 times out of 10' will get first one since they the least likely to guild hop, then works down.

BoA simply loses the legendary feel of a weapon. And think in some guilds people probably have 3-4 geared alts. That could make legendaries very easy for people to get.

Also it plays against their mantra of being kind to casuals since 'it forces people to play alot' so they can get a legendary because they need to run raids on alts as well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has the staff been datamined?

The only thing I've ever heard about it was the blizzcon Q&A when they said they want to make one. Not that it would be next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendall213 View Post
    Has the staff been datamined?

The only thing I've ever heard about it was the blizzcon Q&A when they said they want to make one. Not that it would be next.
    Icons and Pictures have been i believe, not sure about its stats.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read the disclaimer, It has not been confirmed as a legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I firmly believe that your main is the character earning the legendary, not the player, it's not like I could run multiple 25s on my alts for my shadowmourne to speed up the progress. You want it? Make yourself heard and get in the ring, otherwise get it after it's progression.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-