Thread: Haste cap %?

Haste cap %?

What's a good fully buffed haste cap to be at? 25% or 20%? And also is it truely worth using corruption in your regular rotation? or would it be a dps lost?

Deleted
    I assume you are talking about Destruction? yes, Corruption is worth using in your rotation, it's even worth putting pts into the affliction tree to improve it. So, no, no dps loss.
    If you were talking about Demonology, it is worth using it, but don't improve it.
    About the haste cap, the % values and the value of haste before and after those thresholds I'm sure can be found in the respective guide threads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diskon View Post
    What's a good fully buffed haste cap to be at? 25% or 20%? And also is it truely worth using corruption in your regular rotation? or would it be a dps lost?
    Affliction: Stack Haste until you puke
    Destro: Generally stack haste. If im not mistaken haste is better than crit in 99% of the cases. It's worth regemming int gems (300ish) to haste if you can break the 30% haste-cap.
    Demo: These stat values flactuate more than any of the other specs. Since the mastery buff, Mastery tend to be the strongest stat. 346-359 generally Haste is your second best sec.stat. With HC-gear, crit tend to overtake haste.

Depending on you haste as destro, Corr can actually overtake Conflag in DPET.
    Last edited by mmocf69c22c503; 2011-04-17 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Had my info wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where you say for Demo that the stat values can fluctuate, it does a lot. At my gear level Haste is substantially better than Mastery, while I believe Mastery improves at higher levels. I've not read anything to suggest Crit is ever a worthwhile stat though.

As for Haste caps, not going to see one this tier, or likely the next either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    Affliction: Stack Haste until you puke
    Destro: Generally stack haste. If im not mistaken haste is better than crit in 99% of the cases. It's worth regemming int gems (300ish) to haste if you can break the 30% haste-cap.
    Demo: These stat values flactuate more than any of the other specs. Since the mastery buff, Mastery tend to be the strongest stat. 346-359 generally Haste is your second best sec.stat. With HC-gear, crit tend to overtake haste.

Depending on you haste as destro, Corr can actually overtake Conflag in DPET.
    Out of interest, does the 30% haste cap include Dark Intent and other haste raid buffs, or solely through gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Estasi View Post
    Out of interest, does the 30% haste cap include Dark Intent and other haste raid buffs, or solely through gear?
    your haste rating+ 5% spell haste totem + 3% dark intent

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndonm33 View Post
    your haste rating+ 5% spell haste totem + 3% dark intent
    Thats wrong, haste buffs are multiplicative and not additive like u saying.

The 30% haste for non goblins is achieved by having 2587(2588 on the safe side cause of round ups) haste ratting on your gear, a DI casted and a Moonkin/Shadowpriest/Wrath of the air totem avaible to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Where you say for Demo that the stat values can fluctuate, it does a lot. At my gear level Haste is substantially better than Mastery, while I believe Mastery improves at higher levels. I've not read anything to suggest Crit is ever a worthwhile stat though.

As for Haste caps, not going to see one this tier, or likely the next either.
    When I wrote here, I checked the sims for the different stat values, and they have Mastery > Crit > Haste for demo 372.(I know ppl argue against the reliability of sims, as do I, but when it comes to stat values, I find them to very often be right on the money). Worth noting, however, is that the simcraft EJ runs, are EXTREMLY haste heavy, which increases the value of the other stats, and devalues haste itself.
    Edit: Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean Cap. More like threshold :/

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Estasi View Post
    Yes, if I understand you correctly, that is. You will have 20,2%ish haste on your character-pane(?) when you have zero buffs on you.
    Last edited by mmocf69c22c503; 2011-04-18 at 12:13 AM.