Deleted

Swapping between Normal and Heroic Mode.

I hope, this issue hasn't been discussed before, I couldn't find something referring to this.

My 10-player raidgroup decided so skip Ascendent Council heroic to do Cho'gall hc because of setup problems. After killing AC on normal mode, 2 charakters got droped of the group and two others, who didn't kill AC this ID before (Halfus and V&T hc have been killed with the same charakters as used for Cho'gall hc). Now, the problem is, the raid ID can't be switched to heroic mode with the 2 charakters in group wich haven't killed AC. Either Cho'gall has to be done with the exact same setup as it has killed AC that ID, or he has to be done on normal mode. We tried to reset the ID, disbanded the raidgroup and reinvitet and all the other stuff u had to do in vanilla to reset a dungeon . Is someone familiar with this problem, ever got an answer to a ticket referring to this or got a solution?

Regards, Sixthumbs

Solution - Bring in new raiders that did not complete a heroic encounter during that raid reset. If they have only cleared normal mode encounters that reset, they can join any Heroic group.

Deleted
    Solution - Write a ticket to a GM and let him fix it. Didnt thought they'd answer within half an hout -.-

/close

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Solution - Write a ticket to a GM and let him fix it. Didnt thought they'd answer within half an hout -.-

/close
    lol not going to happen...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1965991458
    Here's a ten page thread on the problem but no blue said if it is getting fixed anytime soon.

/close
    Not unless your guild is called Paragon.

Known issue affecting many many raids.
    Some GMs have told us to clear heroic from the start in ascending order. It sure is frustrating.

We have had this issue before with our BWD run. We put in a night of work on a Tuesday on H magmaw, and then come our next raid day on Thursday we said lets kill it normal and do our clear of the other bosses that we had on farm. Well it goes without saying we were pretty furious with the realization that we couldnt bring in ANYONE who was had attempted H magmaw on Tuesday, but wasnt in for the normal kill when we started raid on thursday. I'm not sure if it was through a ticket, or through some research (as im writing this dawned on me it was actually a blue post he found), but one of my officers pointed out that blizzard has set a specific order for which bosses must be killed according to their raid lockout tool (or ID). As stupid as it is in BWD, the order goes (magmaw, ODS - not sure of the order) but following those two atramedes is 3rd in the instance. Their suggestion was follow the raid in the EXACT order that they set their raid lockout id's. Now this actually goes against what you are saying here, because you cant possibly do BoT w/o going in the right order. But I thought I'd let you in on some information that we have found through this same experience. Not sure what to tell you, but blizzard kinda went brain dead on this raid lockout/switching mechanic.

Deleted
    It's stupid indeed. We've been screwed by this in the past.

10+ Year Old Account

/close
    Given that this reply was by the OP, and given the wording, I assumed that he was saying the issue is resolved.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imperative has been very familiar with this problem, but we isolated the cause:

The primary cause is generated by soft resets around Normal Modes. It's not 100% duplicatable, but a GM that reset several of our raid IDs indicated that this was what they felt it probably was. I had a 2-hour argument with a GM over whether it either was or was not a bug, and eventually it was concluded to be a bug. Part of the argument consisted of linking tons of random threads, but I did discover a trend: the guilds on World of Logs that had changed up the roster were doing all the bosses on the same night.

When the soft reset happens, apparently the heroic raid ID is somewhat disassembled. If you do a normal boss after a soft reset, the heroic raid ID is updated for those in the zone, but not for those outside. Similarly, if you don't change back to heroic after killing a normal boss, the heroic ID isn't updated for those outside.

Practical examples:
    GOOD: Heroic Halfus, Heroic Twins, Normal Ascendants, Heroic Cho'gall attempts, soft reset
    BAD: Heroic Halfus, Heroic Twins, soft reset, Normal Ascendants, Heroic Cho'gall attempts
    BAD: Heroic Halfus, Heroic Twins, Normal Ascendants, soft reset, Heroic Cho'gall attempts

GOOD: Heroic Magmaw, Normal Omnotron, Heroic Maloriak attempts, soft reset, Heroic Chimaeron or whatever
    BAD: Heroic Magmaw, soft reset, Normal Omnotron, Heroic Maloriak attempts
    BAD: Heroic Magmaw, Normal Omnotron, soft reset, Heroic Maloriak attempts

You basically need to force the heroic raid ID to update before you allow the instance to soft reset.

If you clear Heroic Halfus all the way to attempting Heroic Cho'gall in the same night, you shouldn't run into the issue. Just make sure you get everyone in on heroic Cho'gall.

At an extreme, if you can keep the same 10 people for heroic Halfus --> Heroic Cho'gall, then the remaining people outside won't be saved to any raid ID and should be able to help.