Thread: Flash heal ...

Flash heal ...

As we all know , FH was put on the side at the beggining of Cata because of the huge mana cost of the spell. I would like to know if
    some of you guys use it at higher levels of gear. I've been seeing some logs lately where FH is ranked top or in the first three spells used ...
    I would like to hear about people using it atm and the influence it has on your mana .

Thanks

Deleted
    It shouldn't be topping your healing done. o.O

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    If someone will die if I don't use it, I use it. That's really the only situation where it's a good spell. Other than flash heal I have greater heal, PWS and penance as strong heals, that are alot more efficient.

You use it when you need to. I don't know any other way to say it :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Flash Heal is pretty much "Emergency Only". If it is high on your healing meter, you have too much emergencies, and either you need to relax more or your group has learn-to-play issues.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

That confirms my thoughts

Thanks guys !

No one can die in Cataclysm PVE as long as you have mana. People only die when you go OOM (or when you fear going OOM which is a habit people should break and just save the person).

Because of this model, you should be using Flash Heal when it comes to saving a life. At least 1 Flash Heal to stabilize them.

Fights like Heroic Al'Akir need tons of Flash Heals in the first phase. Heroic Nef P3 needs Flash Heals on the kiting tank when the add stacks get high. Any other time someone is about to die, it should be used.

Bottom line is, people are afraid to use it and it should be used by people more often. It has it's niche. And yeah, it should never be your top heal. Not even close.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

PoH, renew, echos of light, CoH, and PoM are always my top spells sometimes renew is there sometimes it isnt, al'akir renew is one of my top heals binding heal is also up there on that fight too, but i heal a group of 3 and 2 by myself and toss renews on the other groups, but never flash heal if ur using it more then a dozen times a fight(chim doesnt count) something must be going terribly wrong.

normally my Heal has more healing done then flash heal simply to maintain renew on the tanks and stuff during low dmg, like on cho'gall top spell was PoH then renew then echos of light, it was a 2 heal btw of regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Flash Heal is pretty much "Emergency Only". If it is high on your healing meter, you have too much emergencies, and either you need to relax more or your group has learn-to-play issues.
    Pretty much this, however if you and the tank are geared enough, it can be the only spell you use in heroics.

Deleted
    The only fight I use FH is during P1 Chimaeron if someone gets spit at right before massacre. Then I tend to use FH if my holy word is on cooldown and I don't need healing at the same time (binding heal).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Pretty much this, however if you and the tank are geared enough, it can be the only spell you use in heroics.
    This makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    This makes no sense whatsoever.
    How does that make no sense? I was saying the Spell is made for emergency use only (Agreeing with the poster i quoted), but if you and the tank are geared enough, you can essentially use it to heal heroics entire heroics without going OOM.

EDIT: I was agreeing with the first part of his quote, disagreeing with the last part, that wasnt 100% clear lol.
    Last edited by pickley; 2011-04-18 at 07:46 AM.

i use it when surge of light procs. free heals ftw in emergencies i tend to use binding heal more. same mana cost, almost the same amount of healing on the target, except it heals me too, so in terms of efficiency it's a bit better. and it procs seredipity, also refreshes renew if you're in single target chakra.
    somebody call for d doctor?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I very rarely use this spell while raiding or while doing 5-man heroics. BUT.. sometimes I will get VERY lucky with my Surge of Light procs to the point where the free casts, mixed with the ones I would normally use, do add up to a lot of my healing done.

Fights where Flash Heal are my top heals are those such as A) Omnotron, if/when Arcane Annihilator nukes someone or when Incineration Security Measure is close to killing someone who wasn't healed up before hand (among other things) and B) Chimaeron, for those who aren't healed past 10k right before a Massacre.

Then, for any fight where I'm lucky with Surge of Light procs (have gotten three procs in a row before).

I don't know if you consider 358 iLevel "higher levels of gear", but I don't think at any gear amount Flash Heal "spamming" would be possible.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really only an emergency heal, and even then don't forget about binding heal.