Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Archaeology out of control?

I was doing some archaeology today, and I noticed that I was sometimes looting up to 3 runestones at a time from a single node. My guild recently got level 23 and as such got the Bountiful Bags perk. I wonder, is this affecting archaeology aswell despite it not saying that on the tooltip? As it currently stands, I was able to get about 15 Tol'Vir Hieroglyphs in just under 3 hours, and that was with terrible luck in getting Tol'Vir dig sites!
    Would it be the guild perk that's causing this, or was archaeology stealth buffed?

i have been maxx level arch for some time now, and i was looting 5-6 fragments each time i think as you lvl it just ups the number able to be looted.

If you're looking to recapture nostalgia.. It's not going to happen.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    i have been maxx level arch for some time now, and i was looting 5-6 fragments each time i think as you lvl it just ups the number able to be looted.
    I think he was talking about the things you put in the hexes (Highborne Scrolls, Vrykul Rune Sticks, Tol'Vir Heiroglyhs), and not the fragments proper.. Unsure of a stealth buff, but it could easily be surmised that Bountiful Bags did it.

I do believe I've read somewhere about an increase in the number of runestones acquired, after you get that lvl 23perk bountiful bags, or whatever it's called

10+ Year Old Account
    I would ratter slit my wrists then to level archeology.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    Its not the fragments, its the runestones. Someone in one of my guilds said the same thing was happening for them
    Im guessing its bountiful bags being glitchy
    Last edited by dumyguy; 2011-04-18 at 12:49 AM. Reason: ..People post fast..

Deleted
    He doesn't mean the fragments, he means the keystone thingies you can use as 12 fragments.

IIRC though, those are getting removed in 4.1?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizier View Post
    I think he was talking about the things you put in the hexes (Highborne Scrolls, Vrykul Rune Sticks, Tol'Vir Heiroglyhs), and not the fragments proper.. Unsure of a stealth buff, but it could easily be surmised that Bountiful Bags did it.
    Yea, I was talking about the extra stuff you get besides the fragments. I'll upload a screenshot when I get my next proc.

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    He doesn't mean the fragments, he means the keystone thingies you can use as 12 fragments.

Source? I keep myself up to date with patch notes but I haven't seen this change.

@ Guthix There's a difference between fragments (what you use to make the artifacts) and keystones (the special items that you can use to speed up completing artifacts). You do indeed find more fragments as you level up. The OP is saying that they are finding a large number of KEYSTONES, which are completely independent of your arch level.

That said...I haven't been messing with archaeology lately, so I can't say whats going on here.

EDIT: Wow, totally spanked.

I would really hope not! Why would they take them out? The keystones Are useful, but hardly overpowered. If people are finding too many, they'd just lower their drop rate. *shrug*
    Last edited by digitelanimefan; 2011-04-18 at 12:51 AM.

Some reading up on wowhead does seem to support the theory that it is benefitting from the guild perk.
    Unfortunatly not something I can comment on myself not being in a guild as of yet.
    Keystones are remaining as far as I know, just apparantly 4.1 will give a mechanism that makes it easier to focus on a desired race.
    Yet to see anything more on that, so anything anyone has would be appreciated.

Yes, bountiful bags affects this. I've gotten up to 5 of the highborne scrolls from a single "node".

I haven't seen a single post anywhere claiming this, and it's certainly not in the official patch notes.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    There, there.

OH lol miss read it! ^_^ my apologies! that is really neat. ill have to go back and do more archeology then ive been slacking T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    http://tindeck.com/listen/nsbi

a guildie of mine a while ago, he eventually got the trinket but damn, to listen to his pain is just....saddening

/thread

That video is all that thread really needs

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZSmokey View Post
    {video that tells it like it is}

a guildie of mine a while ago, he eventually got the trinket but damn, to listen to his pain is just....saddening
    seen this many a time now. pally guildmate solved over 300 troll junk pieces with no sword, and to make it worse, a warlock in the guild got his after less than 30 (then had to level his pally alt to have a character to use the thing) this profession, for all they did right with it, such as the fact that your frags can't get ninja'd, they did so many things wrong...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

That dude in that video sounds like he's about to cry in the last half...I feel for him too lol. Spent the first week and a half of Cataclysm, about 10 days, 7 hours a day no lifing Archaeology. I got to 85 first day, and did NOTHING but arch after that for 10 days, about 7 hours per day no lifing. Got I think a total of 6 Tol'vir artifacts done (was shooting for server first mount recipe). I have yet to do a single Archaeology digsite since then. 4 months later. The amount of anger and saddness and frustration has killed it completely for me.

But on topic, I don't think it does influence. I could be wrong but I'm thinking you're just lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    That video is absolutely pitiful.

You can hear he is almost to tears throughout most of the video. And what's worse is everything he says is true about that awful profession...

Quote Originally Posted by ZZSmokey View Post

Sigh...i will never understand those kids that are crying because of archaeology being boring to farm,ok is boring i know but jesus christ don't fucking cry about it and don't do archa,YOU CAN LIVE WITHOUT A TRINKET OR SWORD.

Why do something that is boring for you?I guess kids nowdays likes to complain about everything....that kid in the video is disgusting he should stop playing this game.

People who also cry because some classes are OP "nerf mages" or "nerf rogues" etc why don't you roll that class you think is OP instead crying on internet? I'm sick of these kids,really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good god, I know what that guy feels like. I want to hug him.

I don't even REMEMBER how many fragments I had collected until max skill when I FINALLY started solving my night elf projects for the trinket. For a week, I spent every free moment doing archaeology. In the beginning, you're kind of bored, then aggressive... and eventually, you just become numb and then you fly in circles and just dig.

Fortunately, I needed 'only' about 100 night elf solves for the trinket. Lucky me. My shamy colleague simply gave up after many more solves than I had. He just said FU Archaeology and took the Cho'gall trinket.

On the other hand, it took me 15 Canopic Jars for the f-ing Vial of the Sands Recipe. That is one hell of a lot of crap solves inbetween those f-ing jars, I'm telling you. And now I have that recipe, guess what? The mount has still not popped up. Just think of the amount of night elf and fossil digsites that I had to clear to make those elusive Uldum digsites pop up *tears out hair*

I actually needed a break from Tol'vir. I went to Eastern Kingdoms to see if I can get Zin'rokh for my alt. Bloody fossil digsites, I hate thee. The dwarf staff also doesn't want to pop up. My fresh 85 priest alt could use that one. Really. Tol'vir staff didn't want to pop up either.

Seriously... if I hadn't got Tyrande's doll relatively early on, I'd have imploded by now. Everything else is just luxury for alts. But the doll was important for me to get a good start at raiding. I felt it was something that I had to invest in to contribute the best I could to my raid and guild. And I wore the doll for a long time until it was passed on to my alts and is now helping my priest who won't see any raid loot for a long time.

As for Bountiful Bags... I wish it would proc on Tol'vir hieroglyphics. All it procs on like hell is Highborne Scrolls. For me at least.
    Last edited by Seriss; 2011-04-18 at 08:52 AM.