Thread: Gold Sinks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My main gold sink this expansion has been spending 260k gold combined on Spectral Tiger+Mottled Drake (year kinda meh-looking but I'm a collector so it's OK) on the AH. Also ALTS! They're huge gold sinks since there is a decent number of world/raid drop epics to buy and craftables too. I do agree that we need more non-game-breaking stuff like mounts or pets to spend on. Maybe another ring or locket to match the Dalaran rings. I don't even actively farm, play the auction house or do dailies any more and gold still piles up very fast. I'm back up to 700k after spending about 400k this expansion on mounts and BOEs.

You could always organize old world raids like TK and tell people you will pay every participant gold if the phoenix drops. I've seen people do it before successfully. They'd spend 50k overall or so back in Wrath, but that's nothing for the coolest looking flying mount in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Well, I'm happily accepting donations.

Also, you should buy the locket
    Thanks. Did not know about that one! Very good trasnformation item with 30 min duration and just 15min CD!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eng flying mounts would be a total of 100G if you were going to count them as a 'gold sink' the only thing you buy from a vendor is the 100G Hula Girl Doll

Yea the alt thing is a huge gold sink if you ask me. Well I'm sorry, it can be. I collect mounts and I was really just strictly playing my main, I had other toons but all below 20. So the only real gold sink I had was my mount addiction but I was still really well off on my toon. Then came the alts and leveling the professions and such, that's when I really started to see a dent going back into my gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Russle View Post
    Eng flying mounts would be a total of 100G if you were going to count them as a 'gold sink' the only thing you buy from a vendor is the 100G Hula Girl Doll
    While that is true, the most expensive thing (at least on my server) was the khorium power cores. I believe they are much rarer then titanium/pyrite are, and since nobody goes to outlands anymore, they a super expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by god of lock and pala View Post
    well usually ppl below 16 is retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariyami View Post
    Are you retarded or something? The dailies doesnt take more than 20 minutes to do...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    While that is true, the most expensive thing (at least on my server) was the khorium power cores. I believe they are much rarer then titanium/pyrite are, and since nobody goes to outlands anymore, they a super expensive.
    yeah when i made mine each power core was like 1600g... but being the cheap skate i am i toughed it out and farmed the khorium ore for like 8+ hours.... ;-) Worth it though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    give the gold away? like to other players? o_O
    "raises hand" over here, over here I say!

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not i am very casual player now since the game got old for me. I gave away 160,000g.
    *Edit*
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    give the gold away? like to other players? o_O

What would you guys think of a shirt that has either stats (not much say 50 mastery) or maybe a prismatic socket on it? Perhaps sold by vendors for 100k or something. Every min-maxer would want it. There is no rule that gold sinks can't improve combat. I mean spending gold on the best enchants or BoE's is the same thing really. As for a shirt having stats, i've never really understood the shirt slot. It's for vanity but you can never see it under armor. There was also one shirt way back in Vanilla that had +3 Int on it but has since been removed. Even now if that shirt was still in the game people would farm for it because they love having "the best possible stats" even for such a tiny bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    What would you guys think of a shirt that has either stats (not much say 50 mastery) or maybe a prismatic socket on it? Perhaps sold by vendors for 100k or something. Every min-maxer would want it. There is no rule that gold sinks can't improve combat. I mean spending gold on the best enchants or BoE's is the same thing really. As for a shirt having stats, i've never really understood the shirt slot. It's for vanity but you can never see it under armor. There was also one shirt way back in Vanilla that had +3 Int on it but has since been removed. Even now if that shirt was still in the game people would farm for it because they love having "the best possible stats" even for such a tiny bonus.
    They won't implement ultra expensive items that give combat advantage. Then everyone and their grandma will start insane QQ about how unfair it is and how it favours no-life elitist AH campers and gold buyers and so on ad infinitum

Purchasing TCG loot in any form is against EULA, I posted here some time ago about that. I was told I could have been suspended banned for that thing. If you pay real money for something, it is illegal to sell it in game. TCG loot, blizz store stuff, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Build View Post
    Purchasing TCG loot in any form is against EULA, I posted here some time ago about that. I was told I could have been suspended banned for that thing. If you pay real money for something, it is illegal to sell it in game. TCG loot, blizz store stuff, etc.
    I think you misunderstood. Firstly, my idea was that the items would be added in-game from a vendor selling all the items for in-game gold.

Secondly, it's not against the rules to buy and sell items from TCG with gold. A TCG loot card can be redeemed in game and the reward is BoE so it can be traded and sold for gold in game. Now buying the actual real life card with the loot code on it for gold would be against the rules (and opens you up scamming).

Quote Originally Posted by Build View Post
    incorrect sir

they made the TCG mounts BoE specifically so ppl could sell them on the AH
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In the upcoming content patch 3.2, Call of the Crusade, we are changing the Upper Deck Trading Card Game mounts to be Bind-on-Use instead of Bind-on-Pickup. This will allow players to sell newly redeemed TCG mounts in-game through the trade window, Auction House or via CoD. The primary goal behind this change is to help reduce the number of players who are getting scammed by trading for an invalid mount code. As part of this update, the NPC vendor functionality currently in place for these mounts will be removed, and instead the mount (both epic and non-epic when applicable), will now be immediately placed in your inventory upon the verified redemption of the code. If you have already redeemed one of these codes and have not purchased both the epic and non-epic versions from the vendor window, it's important that you do so before the patch is released.

This update will affect the Spectral Tiger, Swift Spectral Tiger, X-51 Nether-Rocket, X-51 Nether-Rocket X-TREME, Big Battle Bear, and Magic Rooster Egg. Items that were obtained before the patch will not be affected by this change and will continue to be soulbound to the character that purchased them.
    you are allowed to buy and sell the cards on ebay

you are allowed to buy and sell the mounts on the AH

get your facts right please
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-04-19 at 08:46 AM.

Didn't blizzard used to have forum section for selling/trading items such as these TCG items ?

How can one find ppl who are willing to sell these items now for wow gold?

Quote Originally Posted by henern View Post
    I think this is it really, the amount of gold to spend on just one character is rather limited, but with some alts you can spend a lot more.
    Yeah I agree..atm I have 4 level 85 chars and it costs a small fortune to keep enchanting/gemming/buying epix for each character

While gold sink items are intended as "nice to have but hardly necessary" items, there are those out there who think they need everything this game has to offer. Maybe by reducing the number of gold sinks in the game, Blizzard is subtly implying that one does not need gold to be successful in this game and therefore one does not need to utilize gold selling sites.

Just a slightly different perspective

Reforging and buying dust to clean glyphspots from reforges adds up faster than many might think.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBeerds View Post
    While gold sink items are intended as "nice to have but hardly necessary" items, there are those out there who think they need everything this game has to offer. Maybe by reducing the number of gold sinks in the game, Blizzard is subtly implying that one does not need gold to be successful in this game and therefore one does not need to utilize gold selling sites.

Just a slightly different perspective
    Because everyone that has more than 10k bought it right? lul

PS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanotech View Post
    My main gold sink this expansion has been spending 260k gold combined on Spectral Tiger+Mottled Drake (year kinda meh-looking but I'm a collector so it's OK) on the AH.
    You lucky son of a bitch, the only spectral I saw was for 200k on the opposite factions auction house when I didn't have enough gold at the time =\
    Last edited by Sneakysnado@Gmail.com; 2011-04-19 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

As for the TCG, its going strong. UDE lost the licence, but there was only a few months of delay while Crypto took over. Now its got much better OP than before, and theres been a few new sets since that time. Each set came with 3 WoW ingame items, such as Wooly Rhino and Mottled Drake mounts.