10+ Year Old Account

Play to Crush!! (Old Shadowbane)

For those of you that like PvP and being able to completely customize your characters you NEED to go over to the Play to Crush page and download the client off of it. (It is the old Shadowbane client and can be found on various members sigs).

They are bringing the game back and making it free to play. Just grab the client (Making sure you make a forum account and add it to the game, steps are found here).

http://www.playtocrush.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17610

Do some reading on class creation, as you WILL have to use stat points and class combos as you see fit. Links here.

http://www.playtocrush.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Login, make a toon, and kick some ass. It will be a bit confusing at first, but you will get used to it with time. This is some of the BEST PvP I have ever played on a MMO. When you adjust, WoW and everything else will seem like hello kitty when it comes down to fighting other players.

(Also make sure to adjust your interface when you log in. Simple shift+click drag will move it around. Your skills can be found by hitting escape, along with everything else.

Keep in mind that it is still in 'Testing' to bring it back. After you make your character you WILL be thrown into PvP face melting zerg fest. (The only safe areas are starter zones).

Try it out, and have fun. Any questions about the game (And answers) can be found on the forums.

Have fun!
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

ARe all of the features still in from when it was live? basically what would be missing if anything other than the updates?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    ARe all of the features still in from when it was live? basically what would be missing if anything other than the updates?
    The client download you can get from various forum sigs are a completely patched version of the game. They are tweaking it out and fixing some balance bugs, but it actually is running smoother then it did with UBI in control.

The only thing you need to worry about changing when you get the client is the server address. There is a page on the forums that will tell you how to set it up. (Just do a search for 'patched client').

They had some serious PvP going on last night. The chracter builds (once in game) take about a half hour to max out once you find a good mob camp. The reason you NEED a mob camp is that once you promote to your main class from lvl 10, you get a random lvl between 20 and 65. You will have a negaive xp bar, but you will ding every time you kill a mob. (Until lvl 65). All the gear is free, runes, disciplines, and trainings. Go to town and have fun.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    The client download you can get from various forum sigs are a completely patched version of the game. They are tweaking it out and fixing some balance bugs, but it actually is running smoother then it did with UBI in control.

The only thing you need to worry about changing when you get the client is the server address. There is a page on the forums that will tell you how to set it up. (Just do a search for 'patched client').

They had some serious PvP going on last night. The chracter builds (once in game) take about a half hour to max out once you find a good mob camp. The reason you NEED a mob camp is that once you promote to your main class from lvl 10, you get a random lvl between 20 and 65. You will have a negaive xp bar, but you will ding every time you kill a mob. (Until lvl 65). All the gear is free, runes, disciplines, and trainings. Go to town and have fun.
    Wow so they are basically giving you pre-finished characters? Nice. So what about being able to create your own towns/vendors? Is that still in the game? And is it very zergy already where people are all joining some single nation to dominate everyone? I hated that about SB, really how the subbing to a nation worked where everyone subbed to some big nation so they didn't get their town knocked down.

There has to be a downside, right? like server lag then? anything vs when Wolfpack was running it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    Wow so they are basically giving you pre-finished characters? Nice. So what about being able to create your own towns/vendors? Is that still in the game? And is it very zergy already where people are all joining some single nation to dominate everyone? I hated that about SB, really how the subbing to a nation worked where everyone subbed to some big nation so they didn't get their town knocked down.

There has to be a downside, right? like server lag then? anything vs when Wolfpack was running it?
    You still need to make your character, put points where you want etc. They are not doing nations and seiges atm but are pretty much stress testing the PvP and getting rid of all the bugs. (They effectively had to reverse engineer the entire game, go through countless files etc). The buildings etc are ready to go into game, as are a lot of the seige content. It has been a work in progress for a couple years now with a dedicated team that is not getting paid for doing this. The love of the game is enough. (And they are doing a DAMN good job with it). The community is behind them 100% and is strong as hell.

As for server lag there is pretty much none, as they have more updated servers running the game. (There was a few cases of lag with various class spells etc, but that has been fixed). I was only on for a few hours making old character builds and doing some PvP, and I did not realy notice any at all.

Once they are finished it will be much smoother and better then when Wolfpack was running it.

Here is a link to Morloch Wiki. It gives info on classes, class spells, races, and pretty much anything else one would want to know about the game.

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.co...itle=Main_Page
    Last edited by Tholl; 2011-04-19 at 04:57 PM.

Does anyone know if this is still active? I can't get to the playtocrush site, I can get to emulator but its not available to play just yet and I am in withdrawal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulspike View Post
    Does anyone know if this is still active? I can't get to the playtocrush site, I can get to emulator but its not available to play just yet and I am in withdrawal.
    Seems like they dropped it. But there's another team working to accomplish the same thing over at http://www.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php
    Although they're progressing incredibly slowly so I wouldn't count on it being open to the public in less than a year

SBE Beta Fake

I have been watching this "Emulator" for some time now and I mean a long long time now. I have been on the server when they opened it up for a week or two at a time each time being nearly a year apart. I am starting to think they are only allowing there friends to play on the server while those who ask to join there so called "Beta" get refused. They claim they have sent out several waves of invitations to people to join the beta consisting of 300 invitations each time. As we all know not that many people still played the game or they would not have shut it down due to lack of funding. That being said I started posting on the forums there asking questions of when they was going to open it up to the ones wanting in and why they was not giving direct answers to the questions asked by the people.

They only ever replied with a private message tagged as a "warning" calling you a troll. I myself think they are hiding the fact it will never be live and are afraid to say so that someone may report them and it be shut down all together.

The game did not have any issues that any other game had that is live right now and it played fine. When they opened it for those two weeks I was on I seen a total of maybe 100 people if even that and 70% of them was just standing there. Those 70% was priest and wizards. We all know who played shadowbane that is when you see a priest and a wizard sitting in town it is just a buff bot 90% of the time.

The other mistake they made was when I asked someone who registered many e-mails to get into there beta to just give me one of the accounts so I could get in since I can find issues and provide fixes to them within a short time I got the reply, "each account has many accounts attached to it to multi-box" I then stated well thats not an effective way to beta test a game. My question was what are the other clients that are ran by bots going to do in finding server issues other than how many clients can be on at a time. I can run 80 clients of shadowbane with ease on my main computer and I have a clone pc in the other room.

That is not going to get the game done any faster. I got the same reply "warning" calling me a troll again. They are afraid to admit the game is not for those who want to play it is for there friends who want to play. They are probably getting paid by some people to get in to play. Well most companies who own the rights to a video game wont care too much for a private server as long as its not a pay to play and the one running it is only getting enough donations to run the server and keep it up.

I have researched this many times. Some can be asses and have it brought down within a few seconds with the same logo we have seen from illegal movie sits being shut down posted where the site use to be.

2010 you heard of the SBE and they told you each time another month or so. You waited and they would say maybe a week or two. Here we are years later it is up and running but claiming a stress test is taking place. Stress tests are normally opened to everyone yet this one is still private with the same people in it.

It is not public and will never be. They are just covering up for themselves and I have searched all over and played over 100 mmo games and not found one game that comes close and it kinda ticks me off being lied to time after time about the same thing while they talk about it on there forums and post stupid picks but when they decide they need a recording or a patched version before there current one they stick there hands out for more. Once they get what they want they close the door in your face once more.

I will no longer provide them with anything.

When they asked for the video recording of areas of the maps I should have just kept mine to myself since the only thing I have done is provide them with there own enjoyment.