Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

GuildWars 2 is Amazing!

First off I love WoW or should I say "Loved" in the past tence. WoW provided me with years of fun but this steam rolling juggernaut called Guildwars 2 is finally gonna make me hang up my cloak and staff. Im currently a Alpha Tester for Guildwars 2 because of the NDA i cant give any spoilers but I am allowed to discuss what ive seen when it comes to stuff that ANET has already released.

Yes you can jump and yes they have an auction house unlike GW1 lol and still NO MONTHLY SUB

#1 The Visuals Ive never ever seen a MMO look as nice as GW2 it was stunning. made my jaw drop on more then one occasion.

#2 The Combat is so friggin fun they have more then enough quests to level with but i found myself oddly spending hrs just having a blast killing mobs. experiement with spell combos and enjoying the amazing casting / dmg visuals. Also you can Dodge projectile attacks LoL I was like WTF this is badass. alot of the abilites give you the flexability to move while attacking so your more engaged with your opponent dodging arrows and spells, even melle attacks can be dodged if your skilled enough.

Also There are NO I repeat NO Healing / DPS or Tanking specific Classes. Everyclass bringins something unique to the fight but all classes can heal/ tank/ DPS and rez friendlys.

They even have a Last Stand system like in CoD where if you get defeated by a mob you gain some new abilites while on the ground fighting for your life if you kill a mob you can get your life back. if you die well you know what happens then you gotta rez or be rez.

#3 Bosses scale depending on how many players are engaging the target and also the abilities of the boss change depending on how many players are engaging him. so you can fight a Boss then go back fight him with some buddies and experience a whole new boss encounter the second time. and these are just the boss in the open persistent world not even raid bosses.

#4 Im currently playing a Elementalist (mage) and the versatility of the Elem versus a WoW Mage is incrediable to give you an example a Mage in WoW must leave a raid hearth to a city go to a talent vendor if he wishes to change his spec or only have 2 available talent trees with him at any one time but can only change while out of combat.

In GW2 the Elementalist can change his spec from Frost / Fire / Electricity / Earth while in combat by simple switch stances there of course is a 30sec CD bettewen talent changes but it can be done while in combat which has proven to be mind boggling fun.

#5 Dynamic Events while leveling "THERE ARE NO QUESTS LOGS IN GW2" Thats right ladies and gentle no more boring quests having to go to some dude accepting 3 or 4 quests you dont even really take the time to read and doing mundan tasks like kills 20 rats bring me there skin LoL. You go into a new area youll see active events running you an jump right into battle with some random person who is killing such and such or putting out barns fires and aslong as you help even if its near the end of the event cycle you get credit XP and your own Loot. Thats right no /100 rolls in GW2 if a boss dies everyone gets a piece of loot or item.

Also Dynamic events say you go help this villiage and defeat a invasion which BTW LOOKS AWESOME when you see a horde of invaders storming to yuour location blowing crap up and destroying things as they approach (No static Adds standing around for no reason like in... well you know) if yuo defeat the invasion force it opens a new dynamic event, special vendors and all sorts of things you continue through the event watching it change and giving you a new challenge. But if you fail to stop the invasion then a diffrent outcomes occures the village dies a diffrent form a dynamic event unfolds where you most try to retake the village and so on.

So the replay value is extremely high you could go through the game doing diffrent variations of dynamic events each time.

#6 Weapon slots effect skills if yuo have a staff it gives you access to abilites you wouldnt have if say you had a offhand and dagger. also if you swap the dagger and offhand into diffrent slot positions it changes your dmg and changes some of your abilites.

#7 They have 5 / 10man raid at end game havent sone those yet but the nice thing about GW2 Gear doesnt effect your dmg / healing or defence theres no such thing as a Epic drop thats gonna boost your dps or BiS item. They place skill soley on the player themselves not they gear they wear. Rare gear is purly esthetic but also shows the community youve completed the hardest bosses and you know your class.

#8 PvP Theres no arguement that GW1 had amazing PvP and they have built upon that in GW2. Everyone in WoW has that one server other then thier own that they hate my im from arthas and i hate warsong. but nothing I can do about that, Well In GW2 that prayer has been answered they have cross server PvP not just allaince and horde but full on cross server PvP me personally I cant wait to take on some brazzilians LoL (I HATE YOU WARSONG) HAHAHA.

This is a GW2 vs WoW post cause as successful as GW2 will be like how GW1 sold 5 million copies I know its not gonna kill WoW nore should it. They both offer a great game. but Im looking to the future MMO buyers in a year from now will new MMO gamers go to a plain older MMO that has strong roots or will they go to the new shiny MMO with lots of cool unique dynamics not done in any other MMO to date that also has strong roots.

Age of Crap / Champions Offline / Aion / and Rift they fail because they release thier game to soon to meet deadlines and dont offer anything that you cant already find in WoW.
    Guildwars 2 on the other hand has an outstanding publisher who is giving them an endless time frame to work with and they are developing not just 1 or 2 things but many NEW things that the MMO genre has seen yet that WoW has never had. Im keeping my fingers crosses cause ill back any company who stands behind theyre work and believe in making the best possiable product not just meeting share holders time frames and cutting fat for corporate fatcats.
    Last edited by Spawnxxx; 2011-04-19 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you sooo much for the info! I've been following GW2 very closely. It is great to hear about Alpha testing. I'll be excited to hear more about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who is the GW2 publishers?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

If it still does the "You can only have x amount of your skills 'equipped' out of y total skills to choose from" crap like the first did, no thanks. Limited to 8 abilities? Fuck that shit.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If I remember right, a company called Arenanet. Or Ncsoft, somethin...I dunno. They made Aion I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    If it still does the "You can only have x amount of your skills 'equipped' out of y total skills to choose from" crap like the first did, no thanks. Limited to 8 abilities? Fuck that shit.
    From What I've seen on this one, you still have skill limits. And another thing they have is, some of your skills are determined by Your weapons.
    "A warrior, for example, can learn to dual-wield and choose to equip two swords, which would give him three skills from the sword in his main hand and two skills from the sword in his offhand."

I'm guessing you get to chose the rest of your skillbar, I haven't seen that much on it. Saw a screenshot with 10 skills, so 2 more than the last one.
    Last edited by personn5; 2011-04-19 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds fun,any idea on when the beta comes out?

Deleted
    This smells so mutch like a GW2 employee made a fake account just to post this shit.

ArenaNet is the developer. They made GuildWars 1 of course. NCSoft is the publisher. However, NCSoft has a hands off policy when it comes to ANet and the GuildWars franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Credoo View Post
    This smells so mutch like a GW2 employee made a fake account just to post this shit.
    Because no one can ever enjoy anything except WoW right?

Grindsoft... errr NCsoft/Arenanet

The 'dynamic events' aren't really dynamic, the thing may happen at a random time but i garuntee it will reset and happen again 1 week later, i hope they actually create different events each week, or alteast each month. That way they can actually be called dynamic.

Egh, gonna go 50/50 on this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=27764131
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Reminds me of red dead redemption, You'll be riding around and see someone getting attacked by bandits or zombies.

Deleted
    Where do you read that i'm enjoying wow? Anyway I took a break from wow because its all the same for me after playing it for 5 years and enjoying it allot. I'm only saying this smells really fake. Even if GW2 is gonna be good or not. The way he says things is just a bit to mutch. Like he is writing a review. I hope you understand what I'm saying. If i'm wrong oke but if i'm right really low to get attention like this.

Nothing wrong with an old WoW player posting his enjoyment of a new game, that's not illegal you know. I got bored with WoW and I am looking for something more immersive as well, that might be it, but I don't know for sure. Also, he has over 30 post on MMO-Champion, he didn't make this account on the fly just to make this I am sure.

Oh great!!! just what ive been looking for! your so lucky to get in the alpha >(((
    One second, let me get my tinfoil hat

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    Grindsoft... errr NCsoft/Arenanet
    I like how whenever people mention GW2 they HAVE to mention NCsoft (and they are only a publishers), but when people talk about WoW they pretend Activision doesn't exist.

Someone please move this to the video game forum so we can have a real discussion and not just "GW2 IS DIFFERENT, I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!"

Where do you read that i'm enjoying wow? Anyway I took a break from wow because its all the same for me after playing it for 5 years and enjoying it allot. I'm only saying this smells really fake. Even if GW2 is gonna be good or not. The way he says things is just a bit to mutch. Like he is writing a review. I hope you understand what I'm saying. If i'm wrong oke but if i'm right really low to get attention like this.
    It doesn't have to be fake just because he's writing very positively. People don't always notice the bad stuff right away.

Quote Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
    I like how whenever people mention GW2 they HAVE to mention NCsoft (and they are only a publishers), but when people talk about WoW they pretend Activision doesn't exist.
    Activision wasn't involved when WoW was first around. It is why no one really credits them.