Problem with Frapsing wow for some strange reason

Hi so i have a pretty good computer for wow at least i run at 50-60 fps solid with Vsync on at 1920 X 1080 in raids (depends on the fight).
    All settings pretty much on ultra with out shadows but when i try to fraps my fps drops down to like 15-20 fps and it lags like hell my current pc build is.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series ( 5770 1GB )
    Display Memory: 2422 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1015 MB
    Shared Memory: 1407 MB
    I remember being able to fraps in all ultra back in wrath with out any lag at all on a older pc so i have no idea why it should lag now.
    I have tried to turn off all addons lower res and lower settings no sound recording i don't have a separated HDD to record on so i cant try that.
    And i still lag really bad and i have really no idea what to do its driving my crazy cause i really like editing boss kills etc on my free time.
    Its a great way to kill time and its really fun to do i have tried a bunch of other game rec programs like Claw game cam wegame Xfire and probably more.
    And none of them are as good as capturing videos as fraps is so if any one could help me i would be really happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I know of, and this probably isn't the problem, but there should be an option to set the recording FPS in the Fraps options..

i have tryd a bunch of different fps settings in fraps i still get the same problem

Recording 1920x1080 is very sensitive to harddisc speed. If you have only one HDD on the computer and it's getting full, the capture speed will drop like a rock. To get best speed out of fraps, get a new fast HDD like Samsung Spinpoint F3 or Western Digital's Caviar Black and format it into two parts, then use the first part for video capture only and nothing else, and have Windows and Wow on completely different disc.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

aww fudge the problem is i dont have any more room in my pc chase for another HDD well i have the slots but my GFX Card is covering them i have a micro chase ish thingy can i just get a external HDD and use that as my recording drive?

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    aww fudge the problem is i dont have any more room in my pc chase for another HDD well i have the slots but my GFX Card is covering them i have a micro chase ish thingy can i just get a external HDD and use that as my recording drive?
    I had this problem with my old PC sucked hardcore... even recording to external drives reduces lag btw.

Not really. External USB discs are usually very slow, but really fast USB2 disc might be better for capture than your current HDD. Hard to believe there's no room in your case for second HDD.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

If you have SATA you could actually just run a cable outside of the case and just use an external enclosure or some such.

You don't want to record to an external. Get 3-4 raptors and put them in Raid 0.

The issue may also be that your HD can't write data as fast as Fraps is capping. In order to fix this issue you'll want to get a faster hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozaparks View Post
    You don't want to record to an external. Get 3-4 raptors and put them in Raid 0.

The issue may also be that your HD can't write data as fast as Fraps is capping. In order to fix this issue you'll want to get a faster hard drive.
    You don't need Raptors for Frapsing, 2 1TB Cav Blacks/Spinpoints in RAID 0 (preferably empty with large contiguous free space) is plenty good for 1920x1080 capture.