Thread: Favorite Liquor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Locally distilled, the first legal distillery in NY state since Prohibition ended.

"Until Prohibition New York was known for its rye whiskey. This feisty spirit was the basis for the legendary MANHATTAN cocktail, made famous by Jenny Churchill (Winston’s Mum). Rye had not been produced in New York for over 80 years, but Tuthilltown Spirits’ HUDSON MANHATTAN RYE WHISKEY signals the return of the quintessential New York Whiskey. Our rye is made from whole grain rye one batch at a time. It is not the blended rye whiskey your parents used to mix with soda. This is honest rye whiskey. HUDSON MANHATTAN RYE is bottled at 92 proof. It is fruity, floral and smooth, with a recognizable rye edge that leaves no doubt the origin of the spirit. Each bottle is hand filled, capped, waxed and numbered. Enjoy the return of this classic American spirit."

15+ Year Old Account
    Beer
    #1 Favorite Type: Ales
    #2 Favorite Domestic: Magic Hat #9
    #3 Favorite Foreign: Guinness
    #4 Honorable Mention/Other: Blanch De Bruxells, Blue Moon (with an Orange), Shiner Bock, Rolling Rock
    #5 Favorite "original" mix: Snakebite 60:40 -- 40% of a pint ACE Pear Cider floated under 60% of a Pint of Guinness

Liquor
    #1 Favorite type: Whiskey (Scotch is a bonus)
    #2 Favorite Domestic: Maker's Mark
    #3 Favorite Foreign: Johnnie Walker Black
    #4 Honorable Mention/Other: Vat 69, Jamesons' Irish Whiskey, Kraken Spiced Rum
    #5 Favorite "original" mix: Normally just Johnnie Walker Black -neat- but if you want something a little less well known, try Captain and Mountain Dew, I swear to you it tastes like vanilla - mix that into your orange soda and you have orange cream soda with kick.

Whiskeys/Scotch
    Jack Daniels
    Glenlivet (Only had the 12 year aged) (Favorite that I've had)
    Johnnie Walker, Jim Beam, Seagrams
    Four Horseman (Johnnie, Jim, Jack, Jose)

#1: Whiskey (Scotch is really good, but I prefer Irish Whiskey if I can)
    #2: Honestly not a fan of American Whiskey.
    #3: Cheap - Jameson's. Expensive - Midleton's
    #4: I do enjoy a decent Spiced Rum drink occasionally
    #5: Normally I just have my whiskey with ice. However, occasionally I really enjoy a whiskey + ginger ale.

#1 - Macallen
    #2 - Grey Goose

1. Vodka, simple and great
    2. Domestic drinks in Norway aren't really any good in my opinion, so I don't have a favorite here. Although I'm originally from Serbia, I will put up "rakia" as a favorite. That shit is strooooong!
    3. Jägermeister
    4. Bacardi Razz and Baileys. Both are tasty, and quite good for relaxing. But they get too sweet and sickening after a while.
    5. Favorite mix: Caribou Lou. Heard about it in one of Tech N9ne's songs and couple years back and had to try it out. I loved it!
    The recipe is as follows. 1 and a half parts 151 proof rum, 1 part mailbu coconut rum, and 5 parts pineapple juice. Add some crushed ice and you're golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Good ol' Sour Mash.

My second will have to be Bachardi 151.

Thanks to Amalisa for this great Sig!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritty View Post
    In appreciation of the Beer thread!
    Please don't knock anyone's choices. Maybe you should try them, you might find something you like.

#1 Favorite type
    #2 Favorite Domestic (Your home country)
    #3 Favorite Foreign
    #4 Honorable Mention/Other
    #5 Favorite "original" mix: We're not talking rum/coke here, what is something people are less familiar with
    #1 Scotch whisky (no "e"). Single Malt, Blended, Blended Malt, doesn't matter.
    #2 How about completely local? St. George's Single Malt Whisky made from Sierra Nevada mash.
    #3 In no particular order: Laphroaig Quarter Cask, Lagavulin 16yr, Springbank 12yr "Fino Sherry", Ebradour 10yr, Dalmore 1263 King Alexander III, Brora 30yr, Compass Box Spice Tree, Johnnie Walker Green Label, Glen Ord 12yr "Hogshead" (Signatory), Amrut Intermediate Sherry, Caol Ila "Unpeated," Glenfarclas 21, etc.
    #4 Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey (Single Malt), Buffalo Trace
    #5 Texas Mudslide as a chilled shot. 1oz bourbon, 1oz cream liqueur (Bailey's), 1oz coffee liqueur (Kahlua)