Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I'm sorry, but maybe I'm just good at juding people and being right

Honestly, back in the day they told you not to judge but I've found a good solid 95% of the time I can judge someone and be completely correct about them. Hell, on this website alone I can generally look at someone's avatar, signature, location, and their title to get a fair of idea of their real personality.

Example, somebody with "darker" anime imagery and and a naming convention like Dark, Shadow, etc coupled with their location as something like "Darkness", "Void....." etc, I think it would be fair to pass an accurate judgment that they are someone trying to be a non-conformist goth in high school (although how these goth kids reject all mainstream ideals with the same ideas as each others and act, dress, basically carbon copies of each other makes them non-conformist is beyond me, but okay).

Or another example, people with a numerical naming convention (such as Genericname42) that type with a lot of emoticons and use acronyms like ofc, tbh, nel, etc. tend to be foreign teens, simply because I've encountered few Americans in the online community that use ofc and nel as acronyms.

Please note, mods, that this is not a trolling topic but rather discussions of stereotypes that do represent accurate judgments of someone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya I'm totally a Goth in High School...

Don't Judge lest be Judged. The human soul isn't skin deep in everyone. Also don't trust a book by it's cover.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

15+ Year Old Account
    Do me ill tell you if your right.

And me and me!

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    You have no clue what you are talking about, so by the same standards judging you by your name and sig/pic "lewt whore"...amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

johnny cash wore all black. he must have been emo goth.

The only time it's correct to judge a book by its cover is in a job interview. I've done the same as you, and sometimes I've been completely right and other times I've been so ridiculously wrong that it boggles my mind. The day you find out the super, ridiculously preppy-looking, stereotypical blonde girl with the valley-girl voice is a computer science major getting straight A's is the day you toss your hands in the air and go, "well shit".

I'm gonna have to say that wasn't a very good example. Many people like the ones I know would put that stuff in their avatar and aren't like that. Maybe a little on the nerdy side but not Goth.

Do me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    The only time it's correct to judge a book by its cover is in a job interview. I've done the same as you, and sometimes I've been completely right and other times I've been so ridiculously wrong that it boggles my mind. The day you find out the super, ridiculously preppy-looking, stereotypical blonde girl with the valley-girl voice is a computer science major getting straight A's is the day you toss your hands in the air and go, "well shit".
    See, this guy has the right idea.

If you could even remotely guess my personality to within a respectable percentage would be the day I am shocked and awed.
    If you met me in person, yeah I'm as easy to read as a book comprised of naught but pictures, but here?
    Have at it cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    Honestly, back in the day they told you not to judge but I've found a good solid 95% of the time I can judge someone and be completely correct about them. Hell, on this website alone I can generally look at someone's avatar, signature, location, and their title to get a fair of idea of their real personality.

Example, somebody with "darker" anime imagery and and a naming convention like Dark, Shadow, etc coupled with their location as something like "Darkness", "Void....." etc, I think it would be fair to pass an accurate judgment that they are someone trying to be a non-conformist goth in high school (although how these goth kids reject all mainstream ideals with the same ideas as each others and act, dress, basically carbon copies of each other makes them non-conformist is beyond me, but okay).

Or another example, people with a numerical naming convention (such as Genericname42) that type with a lot of emoticons and use acronyms like ofc, tbh, nel, etc. tend to be foreign teens, simply because I've encountered few Americans in the online community that use ofc and nel as acronyms.

Please note, mods, that this is not a trolling topic but rather discussions of stereotypes that do represent accurate judgments of someone.

From your Name, and your Sig of Madonna, i can judge that you have Mummy issues, and weren't hugged enough as a child.

YAY I CAN JUDGE PEOPLES!(or just pull assumptions out of my ass)

Also, i learnt most of the Acronyms such as TBH and OFC, from Americans, true story, and ETC isn't an online community acronym. it is part of the English language.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-04-19 at 06:37 AM.

My computer tech teacher is like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    True but i am bad at interviews at least i think i am only had 2 so far and yes i worked for 15 years. So i really dont know what to say since i really never had many of them.

15+ Year Old Account

ahhh the mister perfect that can tell when someones lying too. Really, you felt a need to start this topic?

I bet your sockdrawer is perfect too, tell me, can you judge what kind of person I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    If you could even remotely guess my personality to within a respectable percentage would be the day I am shocked and awed.
    If you met me in person, yeah I'm as easy to read as a book comprised of naught but pictures, but here?
    Have at it cupcake.
    Your avatar is Chrono Cross, and you live in Salem, OR. If you actually like Chrono Cross, and you actually do live in Salem, OR, I'd have to report you for identity theft because out here I thought I was the only damn person who liked Chrono Cross!
    Mysteriously delicious, but with complexity beyond degree.
    "Our truths lie in the absence of expression."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're confusing "judge" and "stereotype".

I'd imagine if you actually got to know said girl you'd realize that your first impression was 99% right.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Don't tell me how to play my class!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    If he has the right idea then you have the wrong idea.

Thinking you know everything about someone from the way they look is ludicrous. You only see what you want to see, and in your case it's you looking back at yourself.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Do me! Do me too! ... actually send me a picture first before we go through with this....