Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.) 352 ilevel is rather low this late in game.

2.) Sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet.

3.) So you got mad because they misunderstood, which shows you are less mature, and now you QQ?

What exactly is the point of this? Life isn't fair, so just go grab a biscuit and get over it. Sure, they probably shouldn't have kicked right away, but I wouldn't take a young player either, I simply don't play to help others to my personal detriment.

Being mad at another's "misfortune" (as having an instance reset isn't a big deal) shows far more for your personal lack of maturity then any sense of "karma". Personal conclusion: The OP has no leg to stand on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    Haha, I were in that run! :P

Deamines, no? With a Female Dorf Pally Tank?
    Salutations from Milhouse.

P.S. I never actually saw a votekick come up, but I might have been rolling my eyes from the "Any kids here?" question.
    OMG it is a small world indeed! Hi mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post

2.) Sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet.

3.) So you got mad because they misunderstood, which shows you are less mature, and now you QQ?

What exactly is the point of this? Life isn't fair, so just go grab a biscuit and get over it. Sure, they probably shouldn't have kicked right away, but I wouldn't take a young player either, I simply don't play to help others to my personal detriment.

Being mad at another's "misfortune" (as having an instance reset isn't a big deal) shows far more for your personal lack of maturity then any sense of "karma". Personal conclusion: The OP has no leg to stand on.
    Wowee, you must be great to raid alongside with your +eleventy elitist aura and sense of humour debuff! It's a GAME mate, try to have fun!

...so just go grab a biscuit and get over it...
    really man? speaking of grab a biscuit and get over yourself, the first real content patch hasn't even come out yet, how late in the game do you think this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    That's not really revenge, that's just 'karma', so to say.

A real revenge would be me in the Stonecore group - 3 guildies(Tank+2dps; Shaman/Hunter) from another server, another random Shaman and me(Healer).

The tank and Shaman started being pricks about how great they were and how bad of a dps the shaman was and how bad healing I was(he decided to go pull all the adds after Ozruk even though I said "Brb, sec") - Even though I'd just healed him and the Shaman through every Slam and Shatter on Ozruk previously.

So, I vote kicked the tank saying "vaist is an idiot!" (Vaist was my char), they fell for it, tank got kicked, Shaman raged and left, we got a new tank/dps and finished the last boss. People click yes just because it's there and they don't even want/need a reason.
    you just took my night from shitty to good. thank you for the laughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither of those answered my points, but were instead personal attacks known as ad hominem arguments, which are logical fallacies. Tell me though, if someone said "What a noob" to you, could you tell, without context, if they meant it as a joke, a greeting, an insult, or as a description? I call my friends noobs as a joke, and they know it, since they know me. But if I randomly tried to joke with someone else, since they can't see my face, or hear my tone, its quite difficult to understand the meaning. Remember, a large part of communication is more then words, but tone and expression, impossible to derive from text. Would I have initiated a vote kick? No. But my point is simply that I can see why others did, and to warn you to be more careful about sarcasm over the internet. To save time, I listed them in order before.

To the other point, considering you can get full 346 gear in a matter of a dozen or two heroics, there are numerous BOE pieces for different classes, not to mention 359 rep pieces, and most people can at least do BH and a few raid bosses, yes 352 ilevel is rather low, (as in not high). I didn't say it was bad gear. I didn't say that you were a noob, or inexperienced. It was simply a statement of an opinion, which you may or may not agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Britomartus View Post

, “You ejits, not only was the guy joking about his age but if you'd inspected him you would have seen he's an item lvl 352 healer and is an excellent player!” I then left before any could respond.
    stop reading about there

Deleted
    Neither of those answered my points, but were instead personal attacks known as ad hominem arguments, which are logical fallacies. Tell me though, if someone said "What a noob" to you, could you tell, without context, if they meant it as a joke, a greeting, an insult, or as a description? I call my friends noobs as a joke, and they know it, since they know me. But if I randomly tried to joke with someone else, since they can't see my face, or hear my tone, its quite difficult to understand the meaning. Remember, a large part of communication is more then words, but tone and expression, impossible to derive from text. Would I have initiated a vote kick? No. But my point is simply that I can see why others did, and to warn you to be more careful about sarcasm over the internet. To save time, I listed them in order before.

To the other point, considering you can get full 346 gear in a matter of a dozen or two heroics, there are numerous BOE pieces for different classes, not to mention 359 rep pieces, and most people can at least do BH and a few raid bosses, yes 352 ilevel is rather low, (as in not high). I didn't say it was bad gear. I didn't say that you were a noob, or inexperienced. It was simply a statement of an opinion, which you may or may not agree with.
    Your comments were answered with ridicule because of the condescending and superior tone of your response, without showing any effort at all to grasp even the basics of the points I was trying to make. But I did not realize you were actually deadly serious so here’s a response.

You said 352 is rather low this late in the game which is such a bizarre statement to make given the original context. What is the (current) highest average item level requirement for any heroic? If memory serves it’s 329. The point is then he was way above the minimum required item level and if they would have bothered to inspect him, not only would they have discovered he did not have any pvp gear but the gear he had was properly enchanted and socketed. Hardly the gear of a noob 8 year old. It proves they should have no problem running with this healer in this run, or at least they should try one set of mobs to see how he fairs.

And what is so wrong with only having level 352 gear? Your comment implies it is a bad thing but do you know how long he’s been playing Cata? He only hit 85 a few weeks ago so that’s not bad but does it really matter if he is 352 after a few weeks or if he’s 352 after a few months, it in no way whatsoever says he cannot do a current heroic easily.

I’ve been playing with my guild and in pugs for years and my style is always the same. I try to make people laugh (when relevant ofc) to reduce the pressure, put people at ease and help them enjoy the experience. I realize text without facial expression or auditory context can be misunderstood which is why I don’t just say, “You are a ugly noob” to someone. I’ll do something like get my Sandbox Tiger out, jump on it and say, “Now guys let’s take this run really seriously – weeeeeeeeee p-tang p-tang!” or something to that effect. If I am going to rib someone it will be someone I know first who will rib me back so the rest of the pug know we are messing.

In my many days playing (sometimes it pains me to note how many days I have put into this game) I’ve been misunderstood on very rare occasions and even then it’s been due to the language barrier rather than me typing something so inappropriate they’ve taken offence. Let me ask you this, if 99% of the people you’ve played with over the years either don’t mind or quite enjoy your banter in raids are you going to change your behavior for the 1%? Of course not, that would be silly.

You ask what is the point of this thread. What is the point of any thread? Some are to ask questions, some are to share experiences, both good and bad, on a game we collectively play. So there’s your answer, I was sharing an experience. You may not have got it, or agreed with it but instead of ignoring it or saying something useful you decided to barge in all guns blazing and show us how superior you are. Well done.

What gets me is you are trying to defend a situation most would class as unacceptable and way beyond the original intent of the kick facility. It speak volumes about how you act within the game or at least the way you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad joke + lying friend, I'd kick you both.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Maybe the vote kick was a joke and he wasnt expecting it to go through. Or maybe they all wanted to have a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by tomathy View Post
    I guess you don't remember 6 hour Shadowlabs runs.
    Nobody wants to spend their entire day in an instance with people that have no clue or are just bad.
    Nope, can't say I remember spending half a day in there because I never did. My point was that impatience to the level that they won't even attempt 1 pull is unfortunate. If he really sucked ass they'd have the opportunity to kick him well before the 6 hour mark, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Britomartus View Post
    Your comments were answered with ridicule because of the condescending and superior tone of your response, without showing any effort at all to grasp even the basics of the points I was trying to make. But I did not realize you were actually deadly serious so here’s a response.

You said 352 is rather low this late in the game which is such a bizarre statement to make given the original context. What is the (current) highest average item level requirement for any heroic? If memory serves it’s 329. The point is then he was way above the minimum required item level and if they would have bothered to inspect him, not only would they have discovered he did not have any pvp gear but the gear he had was properly enchanted and socketed. Hardly the gear of a noob 8 year old. It proves they should have no problem running with this healer in this run, or at least they should try one set of mobs to see how he fairs.

And what is so wrong with only having level 352 gear? Your comment implies it is a bad thing but do you know how long he’s been playing Cata? He only hit 85 a few weeks ago so that’s not bad but does it really matter if he is 352 after a few weeks or if he’s 352 after a few months, it in no way whatsoever says he cannot do a current heroic easily.

I’ve been playing with my guild and in pugs for years and my style is always the same. I try to make people laugh (when relevant ofc) to reduce the pressure, put people at ease and help them enjoy the experience. I realize text without facial expression or auditory context can be misunderstood which is why I don’t just say, “You are a ugly noob” to someone. I’ll do something like get my Sandbox Tiger out, jump on it and say, “Now guys let’s take this run really seriously – weeeeeeeeee p-tang p-tang!” or something to that effect. If I am going to rib someone it will be someone I know first who will rib me back so the rest of the pug know we are messing.

In my many days playing (sometimes it pains me to note how many days I have put into this game) I’ve been misunderstood on very rare occasions and even then it’s been due to the language barrier rather than me typing something so inappropriate they’ve taken offence. Let me ask you this, if 99% of the people you’ve played with over the years either don’t mind or quite enjoy your banter in raids are you going to change your behavior for the 1%? Of course not, that would be silly.

You ask what is the point of this thread. What is the point of any thread? Some are to ask questions, some are to share experiences, both good and bad, on a game we collectively play. So there’s your answer, I was sharing an experience. You may not have got it, or agreed with it but instead of ignoring it or saying something useful you decided to barge in all guns blazing and show us how superior you are. Well done.

What gets me is you are trying to defend a situation most would class as unacceptable and way beyond the original intent of the kick facility. It speak volumes about how you act within the game or at least the way you think.
    Wow i can't agree more with what you just said, unfortunately Britomartus (I’m guessing your from England as well by the name) far too many people take this game seriously, it is after all a game and games are supposed to be fun. If you were in my group i would join in with the banter as i always do nothing wrong with some light hearted fun.

EDIT: Typo