Page 1 of 2
LastLast

End of the world in 2012?

Hey guys just wanted to know more about this Mayan thing and how the world is going to end in 2012? ive heard about it recently but dunno wtf theyre talking about.

Try google then ? It's all BS, anyway.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not true if you ask me. Total and royal bullshit. The mayans were the greatest trolls ever and thats why their empire got destroyed of too much trolling. =p
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Deleted
    "Heard of it recently"? Just fyi, this is some PREEEETTY damn old news.. And it's also a load of bullcrap.
    How anyone could EVER believe in that shit is amazing, but hey, then again the human race has amazed me with its stupidity more than once before.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mayans made a Calendar way back bunches of years ago.

This wasn't your average Calendar. It wasn't just for that year. It went far into the future. (Well, it was far into the future in their time).

The Calendar ends on December 21st, 2012. People think this means the Mayans thought the world will end in 2012, but I say they just got bored of making Calendars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    "Heard of it recently"? Just fyi, this is some PREEEETTY damn old news.. And it's also a load of bullcrap.
    How anyone could EVER believe in that shit is amazing, but hey, then again the human race has amazed me with its stupidity more than once before.
    The MMO-C forums got more bullshit then any other place in the world. xD
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

ROFL == so i had this theory that they got lazy to extend the calendar past 21/12/12 ;; possibly thats true? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Or as Goldrinn said. Maybe they just ran out of space?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    NYI
    (ytcrzvbtyvt)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to know more about this Mayan thing and how the world is going to end in 2012? ive heard about it recently but dunno wtf theyre talking about.
    the end of world aint going to happen in 2012! is just internet bull...

Self-explanatory.

Its a rock, they're gonna run out of room. Also, the Spanish wiped them out possibly before they could finish.

The world was also predicted to end in 2000 and I also saw a 2004 one, but guess what, we're still here...

^Thank you for that image

Deleted
    Please watch the episode of Penn and Teller's Bullshit regarding this. They pretty much sum it up.

Deleted

end of thread !

Quote Originally Posted by gaeria View Post

Self-explanatory.
    LOL - completely this.

the mayans used a 260 day calendar and we use a 365 day calender...so 2012 is off by a few hundred years...whether or not its 200 years past or 200 years in our future. We don't know in my opinion it is a load of bull. Though i do believe something big could happen in 2012 that could change our view of our world

http://www.ancient-world-mysteries.c...-calendar.html -- reasoning why the Mayan calender is a 260 per year Calender.

And @ picture...ROFL i always said the guy got lazy and said "oh the people in future should be smart enough to figure this out"...guess he was wrong lol.

There was a study, or rather, a reformulazation of the Mayan calender about 8 months ago (I believe from Stanford, not sure). But they calculated the end of the world of 2012 was miscalculated. There's about a 50 year margain for error going both ways, as in, anywhere from 1962 to 2062. End of the world has a 50% chance of already having happened. LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, one of these days someone will be right about a date for the 'end of the world'. I hold a little bit of belief for every prediction just in case. I say understand the concern, but dont full out believe.

April 19, 2011: Skynet becomes self-aware

April 21: It begins the attack

Prepare for the end of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a theory on when the world will end, but as people said, a load of bullshit. Ofcourse they have to end somewhere because of different reasons.

I lose faith in humanity when I see a load of people believing this ._. D:.