Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last summer the wifey and I vacationed to Mexico.

During our trip, we went to the famout Mayan ruins: Chitzen Itza

All of the Mayans we talked to made fun of stupid Americans and Europeans for hyping up the 2012 nonsense. Mayans had a certain time period which was a cycle, sort of like we have millenium. At the end of this cycle, there were significant religious events, and they would construct another structure. It signified the end of the last time period and the start of another. 2011 is simply like the year 1999 for the Mayans.

None of the Mayans are actually concerned about the year 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    Just a theory on when the world will end, but as people said, a load of bullshit. Ofcourse they have to end somewhere because of different reasons.

I lose faith in humanity when I see a load of people believing this ._. D:.
    I lost faith in humanity the second I started playing this game and found out how idiotic 99% of the community is. Sad part is, I know more smart people in game than I do irl.

10+ Year Old Account

well

someone plz responde to me cus im very curious ok everyone might not believe in the myan calendar but what about the solar activity that is gunna happen in 2012 that is published by nasa and is open for public view online. it may not be the famous calander stuff but its already proven that there will be some dramatic changes in 2012 RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by trasoz View Post

end of thread ! :d
    love it! Epic!

Its pure bullshit, like every other doomsday theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

It's true! 2012 will be the end. it's totally true. Gnomepromise!

Dragon Soul 4/8 Heroic <Strife> Hellscream EU! ->Armory<-
    Proud owner of Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    someone plz responde to me cus im very curious ok everyone might not believe in the myan calendar but what about the solar activity that is gunna happen in 2012 that is published by nasa and is open for public view online. it may not be the famous calander stuff but its already proven that there will be some dramatic changes in 2012 RIGHT?
    What?!

Will you show us a link to the solar nasa studies? I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Yep, the world is definitely going to end in 2012.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    i was watching national geographic channel and the program that was on said that nasa isnt hiding any of their finds about the solar activity and that anybody can look it up in some sort of nasa files that are online avaliable to the public. Did you also know that the united states is on major underground bunker projecst along the coast line and they have real videos of military force that are authorized to shoot you on the spot for trying to enter them there are also tons of private companies that are building major bunkers also. So with that being said im not saying the world is comming to an end but its very obvious that the world is preparing for something major and if im corect people sit around and say OMG THEY SAID THE SAME TING ABOUT Y2K yes but y2k wasnt a sitiuation that nasa confirmed now was it? nope one more thing wouldnt it make sense whats been going on lately with the government saying fuck it its because in about a year the whole governments gunna be underground anyway while were left uptop to bake by the sun

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you're writing but:

I still don't have any idea what the nasa deal you're talking about is. I'm not going to look for it. Share it if you can.

Of course the government and private companies have bunkers, and of course they will shoot you if you try to go in them. They are not for you. I didn't think it was a big secret.

I guess we'll all get nice tans...

10+ Year Old Account
    published by nasa and is open for public view online.
    You mean this?

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/fea...012-guest.html

Galactic Guessing Games
    Fast-forward to 1995. That year John Major Jenkins packaged several of these themes into Maya Cosmogenesis 2012. According to Jenkins, the winter-solstice point and the centerline of the Galaxy will line up exactly on Dec. 21. Arguing that this motivated the Maya to contrive the calendar to end on that date, Jenkins concludes that it will be "a tremendous transformation and opportunity for spiritual growth, a transition from one world age to another."

In fact, astronomy cannot pinpoint such a "galactic alignment" to within a year, much less a day. The alignment depends on the rather arbitrary modern definition of the galactic equator, and/or the visual appearance of the Milky Way. There is no precise definition of the Milky Way's edges -- they are very vague and depend on the clarity of your view. (Jenkins says that he personally established the Milky Way’s edges by viewing it from 11,000 feet, far above anywhere the Maya lived.) So to give a precise visual position for its centerline is not meaningful.

Jenkins did acknowledge that the winter-solstice Sun actually crosses the center of the Milky Way anytime between 1980 and 2016. Elsewhere he expands this approach zone to a 900-year period, and settles for an imprecise alignment to which Dec. 21, 2012, is arbitrarily and circularly assigned. Real astronomy does not support any match between the Baktun-13 end date and a galactic alignment. The advocates both admit and ignore this discrepancy.

It's almost a sidelight that the winter-solstice sun will never actually "eclipse" the galaxy's true center, the pointlike radio source marking the Milky Way's central black hole. Moreover, the winter-solstice sun won’t even pass closest to it on the sky for another 200 years. What did the Maya themselves think about End Times? There is no evidence that they saw the calendar and a world age ending in either transcendence or catastrophe on December 21, 2012. Some Maya Long Count texts refer to dates many baktuns past 13 and even into the next pictun and beyond. For instance, an inscription commissioned in the 7th century A.D. by King Pacal of Palenque predicts that an anniversary of his accession would be commemorated on Oct. 15, 4772.

In all of the Long Count texts discovered, transcribed, and translated, only one mentions the key date in 2012: Monument 6 at Tortuguero, a Maya site in the Mexican state of Tabasco. The text is damaged, but what remains does not imply the end of time.
    Can you provide a link to where NASA confirms this?

Oh, here is more...

http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-...stion/?id=3397
    Question
    Hi, i have a question about the sun alignment in the center of the galaxy in 2012. Will the sun be in the EXACT center of the galaxy? or just lined up/next to the center of the sun. If you can, can you explain this to me. (15 years old) Thank you very much.

Answer
    I can't explain it because it is just an Internet hoax. There is no alignment with the center of the Galaxy in 2012 or any time. As to the Sun being in the center of the Galaxy, that it impossible; the Sun and solar system will always remain at about 30,000 light years from the galactic center. These stories on the Internet are simply lies, and I am sorry if they have been a problem for you. A lot of the stuff on the Internet is wrong, and you have to learn to distinguish the truth from the lies. One simple test is to ask if any of these claims are made by real scientists, or if they have been reported in newspapers or on TV news. The stories about alignments or disaster striking in 2012 do not pass this test.
    David Morrison
    NAI Senior Scientist
    July 7, 2008
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2011-04-19 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was watching national geographic channel and the program that was on said that nasa isnt hiding any of their finds about the solar activity and that anybody can look it up in some sort of nasa files that are online avaliable to the public. Did you also know that the united states is on major underground bunker projecst along the coast line and they have real videos of military force that are authorized to shoot you on the spot for trying to enter them there are also tons of private companies that are building major bunkers also. So with that being said im not saying the world is comming to an end but its very obvious that the world is preparing for something major and if im corect people sit around and say OMG THEY SAID THE SAME TING ABOUT Y2K yes but y2k wasnt a sitiuation that nasa confirmed now was it? nope one more thing wouldnt it make sense whats been going on lately with the government saying fuck it its because in about a year the whole governments gunna be underground anyway while were left uptop to bake by the sun
    Cause a bunker will save you FROM THE DESTRUCTION OF THE WORLD. As I said, pure bullshit. =p
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Deleted
    I've seen the documentary on NGC or Discovery Channel. Basicly its just superstition (spelling?) and I'm not buying it. It had something to do with the milky way being aligned with the horizon or something like it and that only happens every 26000 years.

I should've been paying more attention when it was on tv xD

Quote Originally Posted by Gritty View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you're writing but:

I still don't have any idea what the nasa deal you're talking about is. I'm not going to look for it. Share it if you can.

Of course the government and private companies have bunkers, and of course they will shoot you if you try to go in them. They are not for you. I didn't think it was a big secret.

I guess we'll all get nice tans...
    I think what he's very vaguely referring to in with the mountains of eye-aids is that the sun will be going through one of its more active stages, or possibly the polar shift thing. Probably best just to ignore him though.

10+ Year Old Account
    ur retarded its not the desrtruction of the world its to protect from the solar rays smarty so yes it will help

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I think what he's very vaguely referring to in with the mountains of eye-aids is that the sun will be going through one of its more active stages, or possibly the polar shift thing. Probably best just to ignore him though.
    ur retarded its not the desrtruction of the world its to protect from the solar rays smarty so yes it will help

Don't flame our users please ~Fuzzzie
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-04-19 at 12:54 PM.

Nasa confirmed? Are you talking about the solar maximum which happens approximately every 11 years?

2012 is just the end of the mayan calendar, because its based on some ubar knowledge about stars n shit, idk.... watched some youtube shizzl about all this, was quiet impressive. but theres nothing to worry about

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its true but also a good point on the fact of pinpointing things would be very hard within a year day etc . but me personally i find it all very interesting and it still really makes me wonder there will always be people that believe and those who dont guess we'll see whos right sometime in the future but hey i know those nasa guys are smart as hell so my money would go on what theyre saying but w/e i think if we all pay attention to everything that is going on in the world all the natural disasters, government doing some shady shit etc i think there really is something comming i just cant believe that the gorvernment would be going through such measures over some he say she say stuff

15+ Year Old Account
    This discussion has really been done to death guys. Search this forum and you'll agree