Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    soloing those 2 bosses arent a big deal. lot of good dks did it months ago. they just didnt have a bunch of fanboys.

rune tap itself isn't op. its just runtap cd is reset when u go under 30% hp.
    Link vids from live servers.........

They just need to buff the amount of avoidance a DK tank can do and nerf their self-healing, that's all, since the only justification you guys are saying for their self-healing is their tanking viability. Bears don't have shields, they don't have nearly as much self-healing that DKs do, and they're doing fine.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    im sure if anything,dks need buffed

you know there one of the worst dps classes right now right.plus to my knowledge,the majority of stuff that guy and the other dk have solo'd were lvl 80 content.the games balanced around lvl 85 not lvl 80
    Did you not read the post? He solo'd 2 heroic 85 bosses. At the same time.

Did you not read the post? He solo'd 2 heroic 85 bosses. At the same time.
    and your point?

big deal,solo a boss in a 10-25 man raid and ill care.i havent cared about heroics in a while now,but i guess thats cuz im not a casual and thats normally the type of people who care alot about heroics

Deleted
    and your point?

big deal,solo a boss in a 10-25 man raid and ill care.i havent cared about heroics in a while now,but i guess thats cuz im not a casual and thats normally the type of people who care alot about heroics
    He soloed 10% of Alakir, which is a raid boss, name one other tanking class that CAN do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by erikdawg View Post
    Exactly. All you guys are saying is that death strike is a part of DKs tanking. NO SHIT. Dk's also have a shitload of other cooldowns, besides Death Strike, that they also use to heal themselves with, and to mitigate damage, for example IBF, Anti-Magic Shell and Bone Shield. The point I am trying to make, is that you can't say that Prot Paladins need fixing, when they clearly are not as powerful as blood death knights.
    I don't really care that dk's can solo some outdated content or heroic bosses, i still prefer a paladin tank for my raid over a death knight because they got an amazing raid cooldown.

Well, blood dk healing in pvp and soloing things will get nerfed next patch. The reason they heal as much as they do now while soloing thing / pvping is because blood mastery procs when in unholy / frost presence (can only proc in blood presence next patch) There is a glyph which gives Death Strike a 15% of max hp heal instead of 7% of max hp(?) if used in unholy / frost presence.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    They just need to buff the amount of avoidance a DK tank can do and nerf their self-healing, that's all, since the only justification you guys are saying for their self-healing is their tanking viability. Bears don't have shields, they don't have nearly as much self-healing that DKs do, and they're doing fine.[COLOR="red"]
    Self-healing is blood's tanking mechanic. It's our block, our mastery. Homogenization is not the way to go. Bears mastery mechanic gives them a damage absorb and they have more armor and avoidance than DKs. if anything, next tier you'll see our mastery mechanic being exceptionally mediocre due to scaling if Blizzard makes no changes.

The game isn't built around soloing content. A couple of youtube stars posting videos of it is not justification to drastically change a class' functionality.

All tanks are being utilized in hard mode progression (maybe less bears than anything). I don't see an issue with REAL content.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You do know about DK abusing glyph, what makes them heal for 15% of their HP in unholy/frost presence, which allow them stack Blood shield really fast and those bosses have low damage beside their special attacks, which allow DK use their full strength of healing without being punished too much, right? And no DK tank in their right mind would use those presences in raid environment and have to stick to blood presence, so it would be different mechanic with the blood shield and healing?
    I assume you know all that, before posting "Nerf DK" thing, otherwise it would be really silly of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    He soloed 10% of Alakir, which is a raid boss, name one other tanking class that CAN do that ?
    I had a druid in my 10man (who was mting for us) solo alakir for about 6% not quite 10 but he did it and didnt take much damage at all.

also someone said about druids being fine. well druids have WAY more avoidance (dodge) than we do. And some other talents to help them out. Paladins and warriors are very good at add tanking due to their block (warriors I hear are supreme)

apples and oranges people.

Deleted
    As soon as blood shield doesn't work in Frost/Unholypresence anymore (4.1.), blood pvp will be almost dead and also the news of awesome solo kills will be much less.

and your point?

Lol @ assuming random poster you know nothing about is a casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I had a druid in my 10man (who was mting for us) solo alakir for about 6% not quite 10 but he did it and didnt take much damage at all.

also someone said about druids being fine. well druids have WAY more avoidance (dodge) than we do. And some other talents to help them out. Paladins and warriors are very good at add tanking due to their block (warriors I hear are supreme)

apples and oranges people.
    so why don't we see Bear running around soloing heroic bosses if they are that OP ?

so why don't we see Bear running around soloing heroic bosses if they are that OP ?
    because there terrible tanks before they get thrash.or has bear tanking changed since the last time i heard about it

lol thats the point. its wasnt such a big deal in the first place, no1 was trying to post it on ytube and seek attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    And yet with survivability being a tanks main focus, we have talents to increase WoG healing. If anything, this is designed to destroy prot paladin pvp. Now, we get to watch as Warriors, DK's and locks outheal, outdamage, and outlast us, and we just lost our main survival tool against frost mages.

When i see them buffing classes who already have too much control, and doing nothing about self healing from non-healing classes, i can't help but believe they're on the path to trying to bring TBC pvp back.
    Cry more tbh.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    'coz their are using broken mechanic, which is going to be fixed in 4.1?

where were the paladin tears when they became OP when trial of the crusader was released
    you were out of control for 1 year + while dk tanks were at the bottom
    where was your sense of justice then ?

paladin tanks doing millions of healing on nefarian hc is not OP right ?

blizzard is not balancing the game around the fact that dks can solo 2 hc bosses
    in raids they are not overpowered
    Last edited by mastertroll; 2011-04-20 at 04:50 PM.

Dks have limitations that Palys can overcome, like tanking multiple mobs such as the adds in P3 Nef, a DK will take significantly more damage than a Paly or a Warrior would due to block being better in that scenario. Another big factor is Dks have significantly less armor than any other tank class to offset some of the self healing. It's just a huge pity that people come here and cry for nerfs when they have no clue how a classes' mechanics even work or are even smart enough to notice that Blizzard already had planned to change it long before that video was even posted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Like so many other classes have experienced, enjoy PVP changes that affect PVE.
    All has been said, it wasn't nerfed for pve reasons and DKs function with shields which makes them good for soloing, but equivalent in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by mastertroll View Post
    where were the paladin tears when they became OP when trial of the crusader was released
    you were out of control for 1 year + while dk tanks were at the bottom
    where was your sense of justice then ?

paladin tanks doing 30+ million healing on nefarian hc is not OP right ?
    ^ this btw
    Please do not post 'this' posts, thank you.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-04-20 at 05:12 PM.