Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im just glad we have finally had our revenge on Druids and Shammies in AB and EotS with Succis whiplash.

Deleted
    Get Razer Naga, bind keys, use shift-double the binds, use ctrl-triple binds. Bind alt to mid mouse(thats what I use) and you got more binds than you need. Takes long time to remember, but you'll get better.

Since when lock pvp is hard?Yeah it takes some time to practice and gear but after you get used to it they are the most annoying class to pvp against.

Deleted
    warlock used to be god class against anyone but now... well i think we can kill any class still but they must be kinda retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Since when lock pvp is hard?Yeah it takes some time to practice and gear but after you get used to it they are the most annoying class to pvp against.
    If you consider "the most annoying" to be "that useless stupid class that can't kill anything, has no ways to get away and is jut a 20 second diversion before I destroy him and move to the next guy," then you're right.

The main problem I have when I pvp with my warlock is survivability.

Sure I have my portal and healthstone but for the portal to really work you need to plan ahead for you to get the most use out of it and healthstones are great but for it me it doesn't go very far.

For example against a warrior he stuns me, snares me and is doing serious damage and in seconds i'll be dead. So I use my HS and throw down the portal and run while applying dot's, I then soul burn then teleport but the warrior just uses charge and im in the same position I was to begin with. Fear is useless because they have immunity + trinkets and death coil lasts 3 secs with a 2 min CD which is fine but it doesn't go very far in this kind of situation.

However on a lighter note, I do find pvp as lock to be awesome and I have a decent chance against most classes except warriors and rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
    i prefer to read forums,tactics,watch pvp videos and talk with top pvpers in our realm for tips and hits. iv seen so many warlocks dueling and like 70% of them wont use CoT or CoW even they help ALOT.
    There's really no substitute for practice.

I remember when I keybound my first keys (the stances to shift 1,2,3) for my warrior. It became second nature in literally the third BG I got into back in TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Midgetowns View Post
    You simply won't be a good PVPer if you just start PVPing at 85. You should start PVPing from level 10 and learn what other classes abilities that you should be avoiding or what you should do when he actually uses that ability. PVP is just all about practise, whether its dueling, bgs or even arenas. Try to start off with dueling and doing bgs before heading into arena.
    So so true, and this goes for all classes.
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

you had your four years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    yeh its easy to top damage done but most of that damge is just healed away easly cause its slow and spread on 3 targets, when we need to make a quick switch to burn someone we cant its incredible frustrating, maybe 4.1 will help.

But then a SP can also do the same damage as we do when called to burst they can actualy do it.

I dont like homogenization but I think aff needs a mechanic aswell to at a given time sacrifice dot damage to burst
    Sp dispel nerf will kill them, keep in mind while UA will never be dispelled, VT is dispelled instantly, giving them no dispel protection forcing them to play Shadowcleave and be reliant on warlocks.

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 10:41 PM ----------

Ye you cant just make a lvl 85, you gotta learn the abilities in time and how you use them, also other classes abilities, it really gets into your brain your rotations and how used your are to everything.
    For example on my rogue I know exactly what finisher to use, when to pop cds, its all stuck in my brain.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQSDBaSemO8 GIEF s6 destro back <3

shit players and still facerolling everyone-.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQSDBaSemO8 GIEF s6 destro back <3

shit players and still facerolling everyone-.-
    Can't fucking watch in Germany. I hate Youtube sometimes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    lock most anoying class, imo a rogue that knows how to use his cooldowns is waaay more anoying then a lock that trows a fear now and then.

I have to say once you get decent resil, there's nothing hard atm about playing affliction (only viable spec in high end arena). Just keep 3 targets dotted, watch out for dispels and reapply, spam fear on heals and for peels. Thats it in a nutshell, all the little tricks you learn with experience (e.g: portal placement, management of cds, how to play vs certain classes etc...)

Deleted
    Scarlet: You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I really hope the next expansion trims the excessive amount of abilities WoW has accumulated over time. Warlocks and Hunters especially have far too many individual abilities to shuffle while Warriors for example need a massive amount of macros.

It would also make balancing the game a lot easier.

Warlocks have roughly 56 abilities while Rogues manage with just 36. Yet both classes have a high skill-cap. So it's definitely possible to trim things without "dumbing it down".
    Please no more dumbing down the game. Some of us pick class's just because they are more complex, if this is an issue for you, please pick a class with far fewer buttons, like elemental shaman, or a arcane mage....

Quote Originally Posted by Irollmyface View Post
    I believe it is because some people at blizzard are still hurt that we had SL/SL..
    Oh.... the good old days .... when you could 2shot players in full PvP gear ........ and the HORROR.... aggro , more aggggrrrroooo and even MORE AGRO !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mkivtt View Post
    If you consider "the most annoying" to be "that useless stupid class that can't kill anything, has no ways to get away and is jut a 20 second diversion before I destroy him and move to the next guy," then you're right.
    You have bad partners, If I can be a full 20 sec diversion for my team, the other teams healer is toast, thus we win. You seem to have the "I must top the DPS and Kill charts RAWR" mentality.

This really isn't a troll thread? How can anyone actually say Warlock PvP is hard this xpac is truly beyond me. It's probably the 3rd easiest class to play only under DK and possibly Warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quran View Post
    Um no. Yes you could sit there casting Searing Pain, but no player, least of all a mage with a long interrupt CD compared to melees will interrupt an affliction warlock's fire spell if above rating 1800...

Sure you could go fire if interrupted, but seeing as Immolate won't work and Incinerate damage increases with the Immolate dot. Searing Pain is terrible, Soul Fire casts take too long, etc.

Your best bet would still be to fake cast a fear, because, you know, fears are scary and everyone will interrupt them.
    I love casting HoG, but stop halfway, since almost every class capable of interupting will throw it on you like a pack of hungry wolves. Downside is that if they are faster than you stop it, you'll be locked out of everything.

And Demonoly has the most spells from the 3, if I recal correctly, since you use spells of both classes, + the spells wich are Demo-specific...