Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What annoys me about this discussion is that Blizzard puts it as if it would take all the fun and choices out of talents.
    But didn't they say that the new talent tree design allows for so much better customization. This would mean that even with triple spec we shouldn't have covered everything.

I don't really see how choosing talents is an awesome part of the game. It's not like we can only keep 2 pieces of chestpieces in our bags or have 2 sets in our equipment manager. Just allow us to create as many talents set as we need and allow us to switch as we like (by the current change dual spec rules of course). The fun and interesting choice will be to pick the right talent set for the right situation, not having to avoid all those aspects of the game that I couldn't make my spec fit for - or having to respec constantly. Missing out content or respeccing constantly (having to change glyphs, update action bars etc) doesn't sound fun to me, sorry :/
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-04-21 at 01:58 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    as a hunter , Sv/MM for raiding depending on boss fight .. BM for soloing oldschool stuff

what if you made the third spec unlock after something blizzard likes, some annoying, long, drawn out, trial of tears at 85? Do you think they would do it then?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, simply no, 3 specs is ridiculous and unnecessary. I have a hunter, druid, pally, and dk all at 85 and honestly, I could get by with just one spec like it used to be. That may be because I have played since release and for all of vanilla and BC only had one spec.

There are respecs for a reason. And they have a ridiculously low cost associated with them. Having 1 spec is fine, having 2 is convenient, having 3 would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by ectremelymad View Post
    Well I wouldn't, I would use arcane because I'd be good at it because I use it in PVE all the time and you don't speak for everyone.
    My problem with this is that NOBODY is stopping you from using arcane except you.

i vote for instant bans for ppl who make tri-spec threads

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    i vote for instant bans for ppl who make tri-spec threads
    i agree lol
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen View Post
    No, simply no, 3 specs is ridiculous and unnecessary. I have a hunter, druid, pally, and dk all at 85 and honestly, I could get by with just one spec like it used to be. That may be because I have played since release and for all of vanilla and BC only had one spec.

There are respecs for a reason. And they have a ridiculously low cost associated with them. Having 1 spec is fine, having 2 is convenient, having 3 would be pointless.

I love this argument "If it wouldn't benefit me but would make it easier on other people. THEY CAN'T HAVE IT"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen View Post

That's funny, I remember tons of people saying we don't need dual specs when people floated the idea before they implemented it. Suddenly two is ok, but three is OMG RIDICULOUS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    That's funny, I remember tons of people saying we don't need dual specs when people floated the idea before they implemented it. Suddenly two is ok, but three is OMG RIDICULOUS
    while the concept is arguable and im sure alot of people would like it (i know i would), the point that is trying to be made is that blizz has "put their foot down" and said no, multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    And there's also been shit tons of ideas thrown out there, that Blizzard completely shit on. People have been asking for tri-spec since a couple months after dual spec (some before that, i'm sure), and Blizzard hasn't budged yet on this one. I honestly don't think they will as they've stated multiple reasons as to why they won't.

It's not the end of the world to only have two specs. Playing a hybrid class, it can become quite tedious if you do many different things, but it's not that bad. Does it suck to have a spec for PvE Moonkin, PvP Moonkin, Feral Tank, PvE Resto and PvP Resto? Yes. Does it deter most people who really use a multitude of specs from just paying for the respec (....like you used to have to!!#@!@#!insertshockedfacehere)? No.

I can quite easily see a scenario, however, where Blizz did give a third spec, and it was strictly for PvP use. Ie, it could not be activated inside a dungeon or raid, or if you entered a dungeon/raid with it on, it would auto force you to switch to one of your other specs.

You should try to play RIFT in which u can get 5 specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
    But I bet that still isn't enough for some people..

Oct-Spec!!!1111 WHY NOT11?!?!

Actually I said in another thread the biggest mistake Blizzard made was it's contact with it's players.

This is a good example:

We start with 1 spec, and people ask for more. Blizzard says no and kind of leaves it like that, but people continue to ask and ask and ask.....

One day many years later someone at Blizzard says "you know what, why not 2 specs?!"

It's annouced and all the people from the years before feel all warm and proud and think to themselves "I did that, they listened to me!!"

Suddenly it's not about what Blizzard wanted to add (given they have far more information than anyone else, regardless of some of the claims here) it's that the 'community' spoke!

Rinse and Repeat for EVERYTHING!
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2011-04-21 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i did. wow is still better >_>

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Oct-Spec!!!1111 WHY NOT11?!?!
    is it kinda like octo-mom? "I NEED MORE KIDZ TO FILL THE VOID OF NO LOVE IN MY LIFE"

You can already save your spec and glyph set up on the websites that allow spec saving, and get a copy/paste lua script to implement them with a single Control-V. YOU DON'T NEED IT TO BE ANY SIMPLER TO PLAY THE GAME WRONG

Yeah, I've heard people really like the freedom that comes with that in Rift. OMGZ can't have that in WoW oMgz that's ridiculous

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DariusMDeV View Post
    You can already save your spec and glyph set up on the websites that allow spec saving, and get a copy/paste lua script to implement them with a single Control-V. YOU DON'T NEED IT TO BE ANY SIMPLER TO PLAY THE GAME WRONG
    Playing with multiple specs is wrong? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro-Hwaiting View Post
    Bullshit! Whith 3-Specc, the Talents would be irrelevant, everyone could be everything.

WONT HAPPEN EVER!
    With respecs you can already do that. It's not like anyone is suggesting to "add a 3rd spec and let us activate all 3 at the same time!!!".

I love the idea of more specs. As many have said, going through the pain activity of selecting the points, adding spells to the action bars, setting up anything else you may need, etc, does not add "depth" to the game. It's just a mundane activity required before you can do a respec. Charge 1,000 gold for each additional spec slot, I don't care (I bought dual specs on 5 different toons back when it was 1k each originally). I would just be a "nice to have".

Deleted
    3 would be too much,you can't be everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has explained time and time again that they do not want to do it. With the amount of people who have asked, you can be damn sure that the big boys have talked about this several times. They won't budge, and rightfully so.

I understand you want it, but eventually you need to just accept that you will not get it and move on.