Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 Charr Week

Here is the video released today of the Charr city and starting area.

Why does every game/movie assume technology destroys fashion?
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    because huge fierce feline soldiers probably don't care about the latest french fashion

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    because huge fierce feline soldiers probably don't care about the latest french fashion
    For every warrior, there is a civilian.

If there are no civilians or scientists, they will be destroyed by the civilians and scientists in the future, with overpowered weapons.

See: Real Life.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

Who are you to say what fashion is, anyway? I think the entire thing is terribly wonderful to look at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not every culture values pretty dresses with low-cut necks and bright flowers "fashion".

For every warrior, there is a civilian.
    In some cultures, yes. In others, "civilians" are merely soldiers who serve at home.

If there are no civilians or scientists, they will be destroyed by the civilians and scientists in the future, with overpowered weapons.
    Why would a lack of civilians mean a lack of scientists? Almost ALL of the "overpowered weapons" of history were developed through the military. And historically many scientists were trained by the military in science. They were soldiers as much as they were scientists. It's only been in the last 100 years or so that we began to see science existing in large amounts outside of the military, and even then, it was mostly funded by the government or the military well into the 80's, and still is to a large extent.

Fashion and culture are not exclusive from war and fighting.

Looks pretty awesome, but they better tone down those swishing tails. Add some more subtle movements to them, something I don't care, I'd never be able to take myself seriously with one of those brooms flailing around behind me.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2011-04-21 at 07:29 PM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

You know, you are a civilian if you are born into a country. When you are smart, you go to the government for money to support your research for weapons (military, coincidence?) . If you're not smart, but physically acceptable you can fight for the war.

Those who did not work on that system, mainly third world countries, are now well... third world countries. Obviously, some have done without that system, but overall the barbaric cultures are behind.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2011-04-21 at 07:56 PM.

Ho crap that looks awesome. I cannot wait for that game ... been wanting for ages after first seeing the Charr pictures a while back. @_@
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

There have been warlike cultures that would more accurately reflect Charr values than ours sitting on our comfy computer chairs. They were fabulously successful. The times of those barbaric cultures may well better represent the gameworld than our present day. Either way, trying to reference reality for proof of why something doesn't work in a video game is silly. Charr are not a part of our species and don't have to share all of our opinions.
    I saw art in that video, flourishes in creation that show these aren't just automatons churning out machines mindlessly.

Char make duke nukem look like a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiku View Post
    Who are you to say what fashion is, anyway? I think the entire thing is terribly wonderful to look at.
    "And, after all, what is a fashion? From the artistic point of view, it is usually a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months." - Oscar Wilde

Im gonna play like them lil mouse fellas that got their golems! they look AWESOME
    Originally Posted by Archer
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    Ill just drop this off right here.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/wp-con...rt/c_thief.jpg

Quick! Male or female?!
    That's a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    Ill just drop this off right here.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/wp-con...rt/c_thief.jpg

Quick! Male or female?!
    Males are way bulkier and most of the time have flatter faces with more and bigger fangs. They have their horns directed to the frontside often, too.
    This is totally a female.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2011-04-21 at 09:12 PM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    also, the tails give them away, the female have long hair on their tales

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Males are way bulkier and most of the time have flatter faces with more and bigger fangs. They have their horns directed to the frontside often, too.
    This is totally a female.
    Well the model is boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a random troll View Post
    Well the model is boring.
    I think it's nice, tbh, glad they didn't go for the standard t&a for females, they actually look more "realistic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I think it's nice, tbh, glad they didn't go for the standard t&a for females, they actually look more "realistic"
    Realistic isn't always better looking.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Char make duke nukem look like a girl
    Say that to my face, punk.

Sorry, I just had to.
    OT: I just love the way Charr run on all fours. I can't tell if Blizzard ripped this from ArenaNet when they decided to make the Worgen run on all fours, or if it was the other way around.
    Last edited by LeBoucher; 2011-04-21 at 09:30 PM.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”