Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyTheCorpse View Post
    Say that to my face, punk.

Sorry, I just had to.
    OT: I just love the way Charr run on all fours. I can't tell if Blizzard ripped this from ArenaNet when they decided to make the Worgen run on all fours, or if it was the other way around.
    I think both were already doing this seperately, just as shatterer wasn't ripped off of deathwing, or vice versa. Thank god the charr animation is better than the spastic bunny hop worgens do, I literaly burst out in laughter first time I saw it

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I think both were already doing this seperately, just as shatterer wasn't ripped off of deathwing, or vice versa. Thank god the charr animation is better than the spastic bunny hop worgens do, I literaly burst out in laughter first time I saw it
    This sounds true.
    Also, I never thought of it as a bunny hop, but now that you mention it...

I'm just glad all of the animations for the models are beautifully done, I played Rift recently and laughed my ass off at most of the animations. Dwarves especially. If you thought Humans in WoW ran like they have stick up their butt, then you should YouTube the dwarf run animations in Rift. Thank goodness GW2 puts both WoW and Rift animations to shame.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyTheCorpse View Post
    Say that to my face, punk.

Sorry, I just had to.
    OT: I just love the way Charr run on all fours. I can't tell if Blizzard ripped this from ArenaNet when they decided to make the Worgen run on all fours, or if it was the other way around.
    When i got home i will put a cigar on a char then we wlll see!

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    "And, after all, what is a fashion? From the artistic point of view, it is usually a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months." - Oscar Wilde
    Very well then, why does games and movies that associate technology are usually barren and desolate themes?
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Very well then, why does games and movies that associate technology are usually barren and desolate themes?
    Because that's what people who are into those things and the producers of said movies are into those things. But hey look at it this way, Star Trek isn't barren, Star Wars isn't barren, Mass Effect isn't barren either, nor is Tron per-say. Yes they have desolate planets and areas, but they don't revolve around desolate and Barren themes.

The reason why the Charr have that theme is because in Guild Wars 1 the Charr gods were Titans, and in order to summon those deities, they had to Burn Titan Effigies. They burned all of Old Ascalon. Charr are barren and desolate because they burned shit. They're not the only ones who use technology. Look at the Asura, they're the most technologically advanced race in Guild Wars, they don't have barren and desolate landscapes. They pretty much live in a jungle (where Rata Sum is).
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Oh my god, I never knew about GW2 and this almost made me as excited as BF3's trailer...

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, you are a civilian if you are born into a country. When you are smart, you go to the government for money to support your research for weapons (military, coincidence?) . If you're not smart, but physically acceptable you can fight for the war.
    Not all nations take such a dividing line. While it's true that now, most people have the choice, Charr civilization is obviously not modern culture. They're probably somewhere around the middle of the industrial revolution.

Those who did not work on that system, mainly third world countries, are now well... third world countries. Obviously, some have done without that system, but overall the barbaric cultures are behind.
    That's opinion really, most third world countries are that way because they're economically unstable due to being run by greedy dictators. Many of them have little to no military culture at all and could hardly be classified as "barbaric".

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 09:25 AM ----------

Because cyberpunk is cool.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Irollmyface View Post
    Oh my god, I never knew about GW2 and this almost made me as excited as BF3's trailer...
    BF3 trailer gave me massive pants boner D:. This was awesome imo as well, I really do look forward to this game and trying out guild wars for the first time.

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 05:22 PM ----------

Not all of them do this, but for those that do this is why, when you have the technology to live in any barren area, and you can make a form of living out of it, you probably will if it is your only option, and if you don't have much choice for others. So in a way it just shows a form of survival. Trigun is a good example of what I am trying to say, the life as you see, sucks on that show, but the reason they were there is because they became stuck there, and the reason why most people lived that long, is because of the advanced technology that survived the crash into the planet.

Go play Guild Wars, there is plenty of fashion in it. The armor system is based around the set you like, not the set that is best.

That said, I cannot fully understand your question. If it is asking about why movies focusing on technology are barren and desolate?

First, back up your theory that games and movies with a heavy influence of technology are barren and desolate. This will have to represent a majority of technology based movies for your question to hold ground.

Second, read up on the industrial revolution. You wont see fashion and design, you will see industry.

Third, fashion is an opinion. As nbm02ss pointed out by quoting Oscar Wild, it is something people become sick of very quickly.

Fourth, you are doing an ok job trolling, you could be doing much better though.

Fifth, vikings, ever heard of them? Vikings were a warrior people. They did not care about fashion and design. The only thing they cared about was the blessings of Odin, Thor, and Freya.

Educate your self a little about the lore of a game before trying to start an argument about the sequel. Blzsmri seems to have covered that pretty well though.

The whole "fashion" argument that's being fought with Deyadissa is kind of goofy, in my opinion.
    I'm not going to jump to conclusions by calling him/her a troll, but the argument should have died seeing as it has nothing to do with the thread.
    Make a thread about it if it's such a "deep" subject that needs to be discussed.

OT:
    When i got home i will put a cigar on a char then we wlll see!
    If you can photoshop a Charr to look like Duke, then we might have a legitimate battle on our hands.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Quote Originally Posted by LeBoucher View Post
    If you can photoshop a Charr to look like Duke, then we might have a legitimate battle on our hands.
    Turns out im far to lazy to do that. When i got home yesterday all i did was play portal 2

I want to buy Guild Wars 2 now please.

That looks pretty sweet...cant wait for GW2

A topic about GW2 broke out into a pointless e-argument about...fashion?

I love MMO-Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Guild Wars 2 looks so promising, can't wait for it to be released.
    It will deff. raise the bar for Mmo's.
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Guild Wars 2 looks so promising, can't wait for it to be released.
    It will deff. raise the bar for Mmo's.
    We can all hope, i just hope I get addicted to it enough to quit WoW for good. It's just better than any mmo on the market still...

1) The brutal, utilitarian aesthetic suits the theme of the race.
    2) That's a girl kitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    1) The brutal, utilitarian aesthetic suits the theme of the race.
    2) That's a girl kitty.
    Not compared to your Worgen avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Not compared to your Worgen avatar...
    Your point? You'll notice that I made said avatar from the version of the model that actually looked like a wolf-woman—and had the option of yellow eyes and a wary expression—as opposed to looking like an unholy amalgam of Jessica Rabbit, Wile E. Coyote, and Bambi.

So femcharr don't look like furry pin-ups. Beast-women shouldn't have to.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2011-04-23 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    So femcharr don't look like furry pin-ups. Beast-women shouldn't have to.
    Remember, this is the internet we're talking about so...

"I CAN'T FAP TO THIS!!! CHAENG NAO!!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter