Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Daft Punk

I've been listening to them a lot lately and was wondering about other's thoughts about them so discussion time go
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love Daft Punk; their music is one of my favorite things to listen to while coding.

They're a major influence for pretty much every decent electro artist around today. I think that says a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Like to listen at Daft punk after hours of metal hehe
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

blargh312 they may have influence on electro artists but honesty they are influenced by so many other composers/artist that nothing else really matters.
    What I like about Daft Punk is that they can take a random bit and make it huge. Guys are pretty awesome too... I mean the helmets <3
    Electro will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love them, I wish they would come to South Florida. I would pay massive amounts of money to see them.

2 quick things while I'm here first off loving the Questionable Content Avatars and second has anyone seen Interstella 5555 I watched it recently it was actually pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marzenia View Post
    blargh312 they may have influence on electro artists but honesty they are influenced by so many other composers/artist that nothing else really matters.
    That may be true, but when you listen to most of the popular electro or electro-house acts of the past decade (Cassius, Boys Noize, Justice, Deep Dish, The Bloody Beetroots, etc.) it's very obvious what kind of impact Daft Punk has made on the genre. I'd even go as far as saying they're probably the most influential figure in electronic music since Kraftwerk or Brian Eno.

Love the tapping part in Aerodynamic. Haven't really gotten into this group, just heard some songs
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are indeed beast live ,they control literally the whole show, lights, music, everything. Cant wait to see what they do on the Tron soundtrack at the end of this year.

Deleted
    Homework is their best work hands down...its gone downhill from there as with the entire french house scene! sad but true

---------- Post added 06-18-2010 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    That may be true, but when you listen to most of the popular electro or electro-house acts of the past decade (Cassius, Boys Noize, Justice, Deep Dish, The Bloody Beetroots, etc.) it's very obvious what kind of impact Daft Punk has made on the genre. I'd even go as far as saying they're probably the most influential figure in electronic music since Kraftwerk or Brian Eno.
    In all honesty i dont see cassius fitting in the line you put them in, they we're steering the wheel together with artists like daft punk, bob sinclar, etienne de crecy and a few others from the french house scene from mid nineties.

Also do not forget the impact of people like Derrick May, Juan Atkins & Kevin Saunderson...the actual founders of techno in late eighties. examples are: Derrick May - Strings of life (the birth of techno?) and Inner City - Big Fun.

What daft punk did is pulling techno/house out of its occulte/underground state and make it accessible to the mass.

Yeah, I went to one of their shows this year in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    In all honesty i dont see cassius fitting in the line you put them in, they we're steering the wheel together with artists like daft punk, bob sinclar, etienne de crecy and a few others from the french house scene from mid nineties.

Also do not forget the impact of people like Derrick May, Juan Atkins & Kevin Saunderson...the actual founders of techno in late eighties. examples are: Derrick May - Strings of life (the birth of techno?) and Inner City - Big Fun.

What daft punk did is pulling techno/house out of its occulte/underground state and make it accessible to the mass.
    You're right about Cassius. They started around the same time but Cassius didn't get big until a few years after Daft, around '99 if I remember right. Both groups were definitely the pioneers of French house in it's heyday alongside Sinclar, but I feel like DP opened the door for other French house artists to become known outside of France (with the exception of Sinclar who did that himself), and for EDM as a whole to enter the mainstream.

And yes, I do think they're just as influential as Atkins, Frankie Knuckles, The KLF and others. They didn't "invent" a genre like Knuckles and Atkins did, but you can hear elements of their sound in every type of EDM today, from house to techno to electro, because they blend genres better than anyone in the industry.

Deleted
    you are right Blargh, but the fact that we hear so much DP influence today is rather due to the lack of originality and the urge to score easy money ...

maybe someone should start an french house appreciation thread on the forums instead of giving just DP the god status

ps: an alltime classic from those days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKvykKxuVlY - Fafa Monteco - Coke'n Cops

10+ Year Old Account
    I love 'em. They're on my list of groups to see live... I hope I get a chance

Thanks to Elyaan

I watched Daft Punk live when the came to Australia, was my first ever Dj event/show and it was the best thing i have ever seen and will see.

I can only pray that they come back to Aus once more.

I always listen to daft punk when im doing the laundry
    epard
    2 quick things while I'm here first off loving the Questionable Content Avatars and second has anyone seen Interstella 5555 I watched it recently it was actually pretty good
    ooooh that movie is fantastic!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Daft Punk is probably one of the most Played bands in my media players rotation during raids along with paul van dyk

One of my top 5 favorite groups to listen to.

Yea, they're fuckin awesome!
    'Homework' is one of the best things that's ever been made.

The 'D.A.F.T.' music video collection is in my dvd player all the time.

The 'Essential Mix' they did in errrr... 1997, I think, for Pete Tong's radio 1 show is one of the most memorable things from my up-bringing. My Dad used to play it over and over If you can find it on the internet; go get it!!! They did 2 in the same year (or very close together) and both are just great! Good to listen to anywhere at any time.

'Alive' is mind-melting...

Anyone not listening to something they've done needs to have a word with themselves :P