Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Letting you channel it while moving would be a little much, but it would be nice if the snare lasted a little longer than the duration. If each tick put a two or three second snare on them, that way the snare would actually do something other than rooting you in place and making them take very slightly longer to get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by implicationmmo View Post
    No way!

SP's would be WAY too powerful in arenas if what was the case.

The idea of a SP is: yes, if a melee hits you, it will hurt, but the SP can and should use dots and kite the melees (by kite, I mean PROPER kite, ie: dot himup and run behind a objet, ...). If you do that well, melees shouldn't give you too much of a hard time
    Ah yes, I'll just Dot him up and run away and....what's this? He's running after me? MY PLAN IS FOILED.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

yeah if you can't open up while he's feared and you are not slowed, there's something wrong with you there.
    losing dispel was a kick in the nuts, but really... shadow priests are still very good against most classes and balanced with others. don't blame your l2p issues on the spec please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Ah yes, I'll just Dot him up and run away and....what's this? He's running after me? MY PLAN IS FOILED.
    Beat me to it. What is the mystical kiting you speak of? At least our Warlock friends get a "snare", along with a cooldown-less Fear which doesn't need to be cast in melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Beat me to it. What is the mystical kiting you speak of? At least our Warlock friends get a "snare", along with a cooldown-less Fear which doesn't need to be cast in melee.
    Maybe we are supposed to kite them using Mind Flay. I know it's totally easy to outrun someone when they are moving at 50% speed and I am moving at 0% speed.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

fight a warrior with common sense and comeback and say that an undead sub rogue will eat u alive as well

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 08:40 PM ----------

u have to stand and cast mind flay so u really are just stalling the ass whooping tbh

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 08:44 PM ----------

Shadow is only good vs rets and ferals every other melee has a fear breaker now and hits like a truck. i wouldn't mind a snare feral kind of got compensated for the the lose of root breakers but their fear breaker was op for sure. I hope we get something beside more dmg cause i do enough maybe dispel protection or a snare either would be nice.

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 08:50 PM ----------

shadow is anti caster not anti melee every melee but rets and ferals destroy us tbh.

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 09:05 PM ----------

psychic horrors is trinket able shamans, warriors, dk's have fear breakers outside of a trinket so we cant cc them for a total of 23 seconds that's a lot of time to get trained. yes we have dispersion but that 6 second and is or mana regen shamans can purge our shields and they hit for tiny amounts of dmg so no masochism proc's. dk's destroy us their is no point in making a list lol. warrior destroy us a good warrior will never lose to a shadow priest period.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2011-04-22 at 09:06 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

We are extremely potent against melee assuming all of our cooldowns are up. If psychic horror/fear/dispersion are all on cd then we are in a bit of trouble, but no more then any other class in that situation.

If caught in a jam with no cd's, you'll want to juke the interrupt and pray you can land a vampiric touch. Try and survive the beating with PWS/4pc/fade. Once your fear is ready to go he should have full dots on him and preferably no trinket/cd. you can either heal yourself during that fear or try and facemelt him down(something we are extremely good at it)

Maybe you could mind flay someone and you gain a buff of some sort that lasts a few seconds after you finish casting.

Then when you cast Shadow Word: Death, your target suffers a 50% movement speed for 3 seconds also consuming the buff you had.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

From a PvP perspective, w/e. But if they did this, Spriests would be even more OP in a PvE environment, for they would then be able to just run around and spam mind flay while spawing a small army of shadow clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    From a PvP perspective, w/e. But if they did this, Spriests would be even more OP in a PvE environment, for they would then be able to just run around and spam mind flay while spawing a small army of shadow clones.
    the make it so you can cast mind flay while moving, but the spell damage is reduced by 50%

=\

Quote Originally Posted by Danne034 View Post
    I think it should be a great idea to let mind flay to be cast when running , since shadow priests are very weak when a meele is hunting them , Devouring plague is the only spell we have then , And it sux , atleast i think mind flay would be great if it could be cast when running

What do you think?
    Sure, just give all melee perma-spell reflect.

How about whenever you crit with regular Mind Flay, then you have a 10 second buff that lets you cast while moving?

Deleted
    Nah, Would be waaaaay OP in both PvE and PvP. The majority of our damage comes from DoTs.

From a PvP perspective, you need to learn to kite. LoS them, use fear/PH properly to gain distance, and when you are being wailed on Disperse. We are probably very strong against melee tbh.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't get a melee guy off you then stop playing shadow priests. I can do just fine and I don't need a mind flay that I can cast while moving, lol.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 01:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laluka View Post
    We are probably very strong against melee tbh.
    Not probably - are.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Laluka View Post
    Nah, Would be waaaaay OP in both PvE and PvP. The majority of our damage comes from DoTs.

From a PvP perspective, you need to learn to kite. LoS them, use fear/PH properly to gain distance, and when you are being wailed on Disperse. We are probably very strong against melee tbh.
    you have either 1. never played ANY other caster class or 2. are facing some of the worst mouth breathing melee that I have never in all my years of random bg's encountered.

you do not "kite" on a shadow priest. you hope to god that for some reason the melee's fear break is already on cooldown, or you sit there and tank them, and put up VT in your 3 second horror with a 1 second disarm after it LOL...what a joke.

how do you propose that we use fear to gain distance? they fear break or trinket and we're slowed by at LEAST 50% while they run .5 seconds worth of fear only 1/2 the time AWAY from us...... just wondering what huge secret trick I am missing out on here.

oh yeah, and if for any chance fear does open a gap up....every melee except rets has a cap closer on the same or shorter CD than our fear..... so GG....

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If you can't get a melee guy off you then stop playing shadow priests. I can do just fine and I don't need a mind flay that I can cast while moving, lol.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 01:52 AM ----------

Not probably - are.
    If you're so amazing at kiting on a shadow priest, don't just say so then not give us any details. enlighten us with your infinite wisdom of kiting.

I'm expecting you to post something along the lines of "lol well i play with a frost mage so..."
    Last edited by fizikz; 2011-04-23 at 01:58 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

could u post a video of u beating a 2400 rated warrior and dk plz i want to learnz

2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    If you're so amazing at kiting on a shadow priest, don't just say so then not give us any details. enlighten us with your infinite wisdom of kiting.
    Been stated in this thread already, but a simple use of fear/PH/dispersion/fade can really extend your life by quite a bit. Also having a fair amount of pvp gear helps out, even blue quality. If you're pvping in pve gear then that's the first problem.

Would you like me to now write out macros for usage of these spells and detailed descriptions of every possible encounter you may get into in different battlegrounds?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

i can beat a ehancement shaman but a dk and warrior make me just alt tabb and do my taxes. at least i got something done so : ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind Flay IS a DoT... O.o
    Although it would be kind of hilarious seeing Priests kite enemies with Mind Flay haha

u do know PH is trinketable now right?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Been stated in this thread already, but a simple use of fear/PH/dispersion/fade can really extend your life by quite a bit. Also having a fair amount of pvp gear helps out, even blue quality. If you're pvping in pve gear then that's the first problem.
    look at that...you didn't actually post anything other than "use fear/disperson/fade" .....wow so helpful, you've totally proven your point that spriests are master kiters of melee.
    Would you like me to now write out macros for usage of these spells and detailed descriptions of every possible encounter you may get into in different battlegrounds?
    yes, clearly I am the one making the ridiculous claim that priests are amazing at kiting, and I should be the one to provide evidence... wait, no...that's you.
    Last edited by fizikz; 2011-04-23 at 02:45 AM. Reason: clarity
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.