Thread: Mortal Kombat?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mortal Kombat?

I'm surprised there's nothing here about the new Mortal Kombat... so I'm startin' a thread!

So who else has put down Portal 2 long enough to give this game a whirl? It's quite frankly the best MK since MK3, went back to the 2D fighting plane with all the best characters and none of the crap ones from the later titles.

I've got it for 360 and if anyone has it and is down for some face-bashing fun, PM me with your gamertag and we'll hit it up sometime.

The new MK is sooo fun!! Me and three buddies played 2v2 tag match last night. It was very entertaining. It has a very classic feel but also shakes things up with the new X-ray moves. I absolutely love it

Quote Originally Posted by Loag View Post
    The new MK is sooo fun!! Me and three buddies played 2v2 tag match last night. It was very entertaining. It has a very classic feel but also shakes things up with the new X-ray moves. I absolutely love it
    Completely agree, though I haven't had a chance to do the tag team matches, but it looks like a lot of fun. I'm assuming that you can do 2v2 and each player controls one?

I actually *just* got done unlocking all the alternate costumes and all the fatalities that I can unlock via koins... this is where I got them from:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...nate-costumes/

I had a little over 180k koins when I started =V

I like how they take many of the good elements of "Mortal Kombat: Armageddon" and bring back the classic feel of "Mortal Kombat". They really did well by sticking true to the roots. Kinda like "Street Fighter 4" until they crapped it up by making "Super Street Fighter 4". It's only a matter of time before there's a "Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo Alpha".
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Completely agree, though I haven't had a chance to do the tag team matches, but it looks like a lot of fun. I'm assuming that you can do 2v2 and each player controls one?

I actually *just* got done unlocking all the alternate costumes and all the fatalities that I can unlock via koins... this is where I got them from:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...nate-costumes/

I had a little over 180k koins when I started =V

Awesome! I'll bookmark it

I finally decided to play online, and it's kind of laggy I don't know if that's the servers or the people I've been connecting to >.< Anyway, if you guys ever end up playing on XBL, we just may fight each other :P

Who are your favorite characters? I love playing as Scorpion, Sub Zero and Johnny Cage

I've always been a classic MK fan, so I generally stick with the, well, classics Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden and Sonya Blade are my usuals, though I'm really enjoying the new Kabal, too.

Edit: BTW, Raiden's Alternate Costume is the absolute best. Period. Ermac's is also pretty damn sweet

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah im having lots of fun with it, oh wait it got banned in my country. QQ

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    yeah im having lots of fun with it, oh wait it got banned in my country. QQ
    O_o Did it seriously get banned in Australia? Dude, that's horrible

10+ Year Old Account
    O_o Did it seriously get banned in Australia? Dude, that's horrible
    yeah, Australia doesn't have an R18 rating for games, we have MA15+ as our highest. Anything thats to violent for that rating gets banned. But Australia is very close to getting a R18+ rating for games. It will be decided in July this year. So i hope all goes well. We have a R18 for movies/music and not games. its just idiotic.

Oh and the reason MK9 got banned because the fatality moves are apparently to violent for Australian gamers to see (Human vs Human). Even tho 3/4 of the characters arn't even human
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2011-04-21 at 11:18 PM.

Kabal looks to be just as broken as he was in MK3/UMK3
    Jax is still the anti air king and has a nice 64% punisher
    Ermac is still nasty too, easy 50%+ combos that can be done

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    yeah, Australia doesn't have an R18 rating for games, we have MA15+ as our highest. Anything thats to violent for that rating gets banned. But Australia is very close to getting a R18+ rating for games. It will be decided in July this year. So i hope all goes well. We have a R18 for movies/music and not games. its just idiotic.

Oh and the reason MK9 got banned because the fatality moves are apparently to violent for Australian gamers to see (Human vs Human). Even tho 3/4 of the characters arn't even human
    It looks like 4chan failed at an operation that would help stop the video-game regulations pass.
    Then again, not many people on the internet are willing to help Aussies because they're so remote.
    As a matter of fact I was in a thread that asked "Who would you nuke?" and almost every place on earth was listed but Australia. I lol'd.

It's really a shame though, and it's completely unfair. Common American knowledge suggests that prostitution in Australia is legal, but not violent video-games? That's (frankly) bullshit. I hope you guys protest that crap (if you aren't already) and get things fixed. God knows we're protesting the smoking ban in bars here in Michigan (f***ing liberal Canadian Governor).
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

the new MK is tits, i play as Noob.

Cyber Sub Zero is my favorite. He's like Cyrax and Sub Zero combined! Love his specials!

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    Kabal looks to be just as broken as he was in MK3/UMK3
    Jax is still the anti air king and has a nice 64% punisher
    Ermac is still nasty too, easy 50%+ combos that can be done
    Kabal is pretty win, I've started using him and he IS kind of broken. I hate fighting against a Jax who knows how to play and Ermac is the hardest non-boss character in the game, I had the absolute most trouble with him throughout story mode... So I thought I'd try out Ermac for myself and holy shit do I suck with him. I used to be good with him in Ultimate MK3, but damn he's changed. I need to figure out how to chain his specials together, that's what always destroyed me.

In other news, right before the Kombat servers went down today on XBL, I fought this guy who played Liu Kang and he managed to keep me in some stupid cheese juggle, I never touched the ground once. Nerf Liu Kang, IMO >,>

Cyber Sub-Zero is win, I need to learn how to use him, he's completely different than normal Sub-Zero. I LOVE the human Sektor and Cyrax skins, too... not to mention how awesome the Cyborgs look in this game, and that satisfying CLUNK! when you uppercut them xD

Love this game, my favorites have to be Sub-Zero, Ermac, and Noob

Kabal is pretty win, I've started using him and he IS kind of broken. I hate fighting against a Jax who knows how to play and Ermac is the hardest non-boss character in the game, I had the absolute most trouble with him throughout story mode... So I thought I'd try out Ermac for myself and holy shit do I suck with him. I used to be good with him in Ultimate MK3, but damn he's changed. I need to figure out how to chain his specials together, that's what always destroyed me
    Hahaha so true, he would woop my ass in story mode and then I couldn't figure out how to play him well in versus (YET!) Really liked how Ermac fights so going to train a wee bit harder on him.

This game is an absolute blast, had so much fun bashing skulls yesterday.

Whats your favorite XRay move so far? Mileenas, Noobs and Kanos are so bad ass

Some basic Ermac combos, I'll upload more later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oEf5O8tRas

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbaprime View Post
    Hahaha so true, he would woop my ass in story mode and then I couldn't figure out how to play him well in versus (YET!) Really liked how Ermac fights so going to train a wee bit harder on him.

This game is an absolute blast, had so much fun bashing skulls yesterday.

Whats your favorite XRay move so far? Mileenas, Noobs and Kanos are so bad ass
    Favorite X-Ray? I'm definitely going to have to go with Raiden's. Teleport behind, elbow to the spine! Teleport to the front, chop to the face! Then just a little lightning ball in the face for a finishing touch I've come to really like Ermac's a lot, as well, since he did it to me ALL THE DAMN TIME in story mode. Scorpion's too, nice and simple.

I'm doing the ladder right now as Ermac and Noob to get them down, I'm REALLY liking Noob, he's pretty elegant.