Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Please, for the Love of the Light...

if you aren't the tank, don't pull. I dont care if "it doesnt matter at this level" "its ______ dungeon, n00b, lawl". Just don't. You people bitch and moan that we have no tanks to run us at 85 and complain that they need to get bribed to run people? It's because of DPSers who made them HATE tanking while trying to level, by your ninja pulls.

And yes, before you ask, I am trying to level a tank, I am new at it, and it drives me nuts. (Probably doesnt help that I am PMSing right now) but really, its not funny. I dont care that it's easy and you might not die because we are low level right now. It's good practice and it is teaching me how to properly tank.

/end soapbox rant

Deleted
    Yea i agree, it sucks

At this point i think it's too late to do anything about it in lower level instance so when i go there as a tank i either
    Treat it as a nice training session in getting threat back or
    Let the dps who pulls die depending on my mood

10+ Year Old Account
    They pull, you taunt, problem solved.

Got a tank myself, dont see why you are strugling - tanking is just as easy as all the rest. The only difference is your own incompetence shining when tanking, its easier to cover up when playing <insert other role>.

Healers in lowlvl dungeons wont be running out of mana, ever - do all of them a favor an keep puling till your head falls off yer shoulders, keep your vengance stacked up at all times and you wont be loosing aggro at any point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only pull when i know the tank. but i can see how that can be annoying if your in a pug.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

This may get you kicked, as it has me many times before but warn them in the beginning that they get to tank whatever they pull ahead of you and if they keep doing it even after you've warned them then just let the fucker die then pick up the mobs before they can get to your healer.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Deleted
    exactly mate
    exactly
    i have lvld a warrior
    do they even know how rage works?
    and then they QQ if u dont taunt or let them die or something ( having healer friend is awesome )
    thats how i deal with those nubs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojow View Post
    exactly mate
    exactly
    i have lvld a warrior
    do they even know how rage works?
    and then they QQ if u dont taunt or let them die or something ( having healer friend is awesome )
    thats how i deal with those nubs

Do you know how rage works?

keep yourself going on a victory rush and phewphew.
    Fed up with tanks feeling sorry for themselves!

Deleted
    I just let those idiots die. But then they vanish/ice block/feign death etc or the healer is also an idiot and heals them.

10+ Year Old Account
    on my pally I dont have a problem with threat at all, Sye. But it still pisses me off when they do it. On my druid, I need a little more time to build, especially because I can't even glyph maul to hit more than one target yet. (not to mention it seems people tank warriors and pallies more serious compared to druid tanks, which seems messed up)

I have let DPS die for pulling before. I just whisper the healer to say "if ____ pulls again, i am not tanking it. if you choose to heal, ill rez you. or just stand back with me."

but really, its so frustrating that I just dont want to keep leveling a tank, because so many DPSers are stupid. I wish that they got that this is their problem with lack of tanks. If I have a good group that DOESNT pull before me, I have a lot of fun in an instance.

Aaaaah. I think I just need to go eat some chocolate icecream and calm down, haha. but arrrrrg.

when i had a tank,whenever i saw some dps pull i just sat there and watched him die

im sorry if the "gogogogo" impatient dps cant handle waiting but if they feel like dieing trying to tank mobs its there repair bill not mine

No Syenite. you're wrong. it's just rude. It's like "I wanna go now. So i'm going to make you work harder." Sure, I can do it. But do I want to? most times no. I'll let it eat your ass first for being a noob and pulling. Also? Don't tell me to "GO NOW!" every time I pause 2 seconds for any reason. Chances are, I have a damn good reason I paused. And even if I didn't? You yelling? Is just gonna make me go slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    No Syenite. you're wrong. it's just rude. It's like "I wanna go now. So i'm going to make you work harder." Sure, I can do it. But do I want to? most times no. I'll let it eat your ass first for being a noob and pulling. Also? Don't tell me to "GO NOW!" every time I pause 2 seconds for any reason. Chances are, I have a damn good reason I paused. And even if I didn't? You yelling? Is just gonna make me go slower.
    Couldn't have stated it better than you sir. I totally agree with you, preach on!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Do you know how rage works?

keep yourself going on a victory rush and phewphew.
    Fed up with tanks feeling sorry for themselves!
    I'm tired of people like you coming to just provide nothing worthwhile to the conversation at all. And who said the OP plays as a warrior? Ever thought outside your little box?

@OP: Tank what you can while levelling up, at lower levels aggro and picking up ninja pulls are a pain, it'll get easier over time. It doesn't mean I approve of it, and I gladly let people die who repeatedly pull for me because they want it faster, and I'm not a slow tank even if it's my alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    Didnt you read my first post? i play a tank myself. Just keep people busy and you wont be having all your trouble. You can frontload a shitton of threat and go afk for whatever reason you need. When you come back you pull the next pack right away, pull a cd or 2 and go afk again.

And the analogy of a dps pulling = bad player isnt completely right, if i chain a few cds i can often kill singlemobs or 2 without loosing more than a few k health.

If few dps take care of a trashpack while the tank is afk and he for some dum reason decides to come back while the trash is engaged i've seen quite a few go balistic for whatever reason. He aint dying, trash goes down = ???? + win?

Most dps have a reason to want chainpulling to happen, procs, rampups etc will be kept up at all times and increase the overall dps hence decrease the time it takes to clear the dungeon.
    Last edited by Syenite; 2011-04-22 at 11:24 PM.

let them die if they keep pulling, but if you are going really slow then dont tank.

Deleted
    I'm no slouch when it comes to tanking heroics, i'm only there for my daily honor too so it does annoy me when others pull. Thats why if someone keeps doing it i keep my "/p brb" macro handy and hit it just as their spell/shot goes off and only return once the one over zealous dps dies.

Didnt you read my first post? i play a tank myself. Just keep people busy and you wont be having all your trouble. You can frontload a shitton of threat and go afk for whatever reason you need. When you come back you pull the next pack right away, pull a cd or 2 and go afk again.

And the analogy of a dps pulling = bad player isnt completely right, if i chain a few cds i can often kill singlemobs or 2 without loosing more than a few k health.

If few dps take care of a trashpack while the tank is afk and he for some dum reason decides to come back while the trash is engaged i've seen quite a few go balistic for whatever reason. He aint dying, trash goes down = ???? + win?
    Actually, a dps pulling = the dps is bad. It's not the dps's place to pull a mob unless the tank calls for CC, which is almost never done in a pre-cata dungeon. It's the tank's place to pull mobs, it's the dps's place to wait until the tank pulls and then attack the tank's target. It's the healer's place to heal the tank and possibly any dps who get damaged thanks to aoe. Personally, I think Blizz should buff lower level dungeons to where a dps who pulls gets his ass stomped into the ground, so maybe they will stop doing that crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm no slouch when it comes to tanking heroics, i'm only there for my daily honor too so it does annoy me when others pull. Thats why if someone keeps doing it i keep my "/p brb" macro handy and hit it just as their spell/shot goes off and only return once the one over zealous dps dies.
    You sir made me laugh, running your random heroic for honor? Sure, i will hand you the medal of honor for not knowing what curency is being given for doing heroics. Go que as dps if you cant be bothered with tanking.

Deleted
    You sir made me laugh, running your random heroic for honor? Sure, i will hand you the medal of honor for not knowing what curency is being given for doing heroics. Go que as dps if you cant be bothered with tanking.
    Then valor or whatever, I don't see how a mistake over currencies invalidates everything I say. Haven't needed the points in over a 2 months anyway. And when I did still run them it was only very rarely I'd get such a dps so I can't have been doing a bad job to the vast majority I pugged with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Actually, a dps pulling = the dps is bad. It's not the dps's place to pull a mob unless the tank calls for CC, which is almost never done in a pre-cata dungeon. It's the tank's place to pull mobs, it's the dps's place to wait until the tank pulls and then attack the tank's target. It's the healer's place to heal the tank and possibly any dps who get damaged thanks to aoe. Personally, I think Blizz should buff lower level dungeons to where a dps who pulls gets his ass stomped into the ground, so maybe they will stop doing that crap.
    And its yer wifes job to be in the kitchen right?
    Dont know if you happened to notice your extreme fetish with stereotypes, dungeon rolles can be utterly flexible in a lot of situations. Mindcontrol tanking, evasion tanking, clever use of cc, and the list goes on and on.
    A shadowpriest mindcontroling trashmobs one after another can in cirtain situations make trash clear itself.