Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not anymore, since it turned into a "LOL ILL TRADE U xitem for xhat" HEHEHE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" thing..

its epic. The humor and art is brilliant. and at only 10$ on steam its a great deal (especially since their still releasing free updates).

TF2 was once the best game ever, however with changes it is no longer an FPS. Its now a first person hat collecting game with an FPS minigame. Its still fun and good for killing time, just not as good as it was. And at its price of $10 it can't really be beat as far as ways of killing large amounts of time.
    i5 2500k, GTX 660Ti , Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, 8GB RAM

I played pre-hats for many, many hours at a time. Found a server with toy fort running 24/7 with instant respawns. Turning the tide on a CP was epic on that map with that setup.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    I have seen a few videos about it on youtube and it looks fun but is it really?
    considering you can often get it for less then 10$ it's an AMAZING investment and yes it's a lot of fun

Its a fun game until you own someone repeatedly and he switches to spy, only to repeatedly assrape you with 1shots directly from stealth...
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Yes, it's worth playing.

TF2 is still a great game. You don't have to buy anything in order to have a good time. I play spy most often using the original load-out. You can be successful and elite in TF2 using nothing but original load-outs (no modified weapons). Everyone who complains about the weapon upgrade drop rates and how you can "omg buy hats for real money the game is ruined!" are people who never played the game before 2009 and probably, most likely suck at the game.

I have never bought anything, and I trade my crates for scrap metal. People are just lazy and don't know how to work the economy in TF2. These kinds of people are the same kinds who sell blues and greens to vendors rather than putting them on the AH in WoW. TF2 is F2P, so deal with it.

Its a fun game until you own someone repeatedly and he switches to spy, only to repeatedly assrape you with 1shots directly from stealth...
    Sorry about that.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

It was awesome, i had server annd all but when class changes and store came i quit
    Originally Posted by Archer
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

Deleted
    Awesome game. Got ruined by being able to buy new items. Random drops were fun but now everyone has silly bonuses on their weapons that make it so annoyingly unfair you dont have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes play it, but only on PC. Its fun, addictive and easy to get good at.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by potentmage View Post
    Awesome game. Got ruined by being able to buy new items. Random drops were fun but now everyone has silly bonuses on their weapons that make it so annoyingly unfair you dont have it.
    Only Pyros are like this with how OP the Backburner is compared to every other Flame Thrower.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's different. Which is enough in itself to try it out.

Why are people caring about items in TF2?, I could probably own most of you with default items, in fact, I use default items most of the time and to top things, everytime they release a new item it drops like in 3 hours from playing the game, at least it does for me, if you are bitching over hats and stuff, you got issues, but I got every weapon in the game, without ever spending a dollar.

To OP: The game is a lot of fun, but it is not an MMO, is a shooter game with classes, it is a lot of fun, but it doesn't fill up the space for an MMO, I would recommend to play an MMO with this on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBoucher View Post
    TF2 is still a great game. You don't have to buy anything in order to have a good time. I play spy most often using the original load-out. You can be successful and elite in TF2 using nothing but original load-outs (no modified weapons). Everyone who complains about the weapon upgrade drop rates and how you can "omg buy hats for real money the game is ruined!" are people who never played the game before 2009 and probably, most likely suck at the game.

I have never bought anything, and I trade my crates for scrap metal. People are just lazy and don't know how to work the economy in TF2. These kinds of people are the same kinds who sell blues and greens to vendors rather than putting them on the AH in WoW. TF2 is F2P, so deal with it.

Sorry about that.
    This!

TF2 is still going strong as one of the best FPS titles out there.

I don't see why people go "OMG - wtb hat for <what ever>", and then saying the game suck. You dont really need the new stuff to be successful at TF2, all it does is keeping the game fresh for those of us who's been playing it since release and just cant let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropos View Post
    It was awesome, i had server annd all but when class changes and store came i quit
    Quote Originally Posted by potentmage View Post
    All of you are BABIES!
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Quote Originally Posted by Belian View Post
    Why are people caring about items in TF2?, I could probably own most of you with default items, in fact, I use default items most of the time and to top things, everytime they release a new item it drops like in 3 hours from playing the game, at least it does for me, if you are bitching over hats and stuff, you got issues, but I got every weapon in the game, without ever spending a dollar.

To OP: The game is a lot of fun, but it is not an MMO, is a shooter game with classes, it is a lot of fun, but it doesn't fill up the space for an MMO, I would recommend to play an MMO with this on the side.
    Default loadout is superior for most classes, You don't get the point. There is a ridiculous amount of dumb looking and terrible weapons. Those weapons having different stats mean it's game changing, also when i see a medic with a pink half bunny head with a green mask with peace signs around his head, it just makes me sad. Its what the game has become. Valve is milking the cash cow as much as they can right now, it's fairly obvious. I used to play 6s and 8s(back when 8s were popular), the competitive side of tf2 is the only good part left IMO, because people know how to play and don't worry about ridiculous looking items/hats. TF2 lost it's magic.

Deleted
    Bring back Team Fortress Classic and the far2cool leagues, now that was fun and very competitive.
    Last edited by mmoc411c38c086; 2011-04-23 at 08:36 PM.

Totally worth playing, if you like cartoony shooters of course.

1. The Mann Co. store didn't ruin anything about the game, it's there to get items that are available to you in game for free.
    2. ALL weapons have some sort of downside so weapon choice is preference. Most weapons that were plain better got nerfed recently.
    3. Hats don't do anything aside from looks, who gives a shit what hats are in the game?
    4. Game is awesome, easy to get good at but hard to master, IMO.

If you want to play an FPS, and not an Overglorified game of "Hat-collectors with Guns!" i would suggest something else.

that being said, i used to thoroughly enjoy it, until ever game was about who had the best hats.