Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Unless you're a nostalgic & seasoned QWTF-veteran, I'd recommend giving it a shot.

I like playing it on Xbox 360
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Its a fun game until you own someone repeatedly and he switches to spy, only to repeatedly assrape you with 1shots directly from stealth...
    Theres this crazy thing called watching your back. Or going pyro.
    I dont know how people complain about spies they die instantly

And its a ton of fun to play i still play it regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
    Default loadout is superior for most classes, You don't get the point. There is a ridiculous amount of dumb looking and terrible weapons. Those weapons having different stats mean it's game changing, also when i see a medic with a pink half bunny head with a green mask with peace signs around his head, it just makes me sad. Its what the game has become. Valve is milking the cash cow as much as they can right now, it's fairly obvious. I used to play 6s and 8s(back when 8s were popular), the competitive side of tf2 is the only good part left IMO, because people know how to play and don't worry about ridiculous looking items/hats. TF2 lost it's magic.
    You make it sound like WoW. Competitive? Yeah, it still is, go check out HLstatsX. A lot of people compete to get into the top 500. Many server clans compete with each other still to be the best Lotus Clan and AO compete with each other too.

Stats on weapons making a difference? You have got to be kidding me. You just sound like a terrible player. Nothing makes a difference, only the player can make a difference, and if you're a terrible player, then you're going to play terribly no matter what load-out you're using.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

I enjoy it. From my experience mainly tagging around as a medic, there certainly seems to be a reasonable variance based on skills, although some classes certainly have more leeway than others.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Sure, Team Fortress 2 is worth playing, if all you want to do is sit around trading hats.

It is worth having, but you will probably be very confused at start

For me, my PC can't run it very smooth any more so I havent had those 6 hour straight games anymore, but I play it occasionally anyway.

That depends. Do you like hats?
    Because the game is about collecting hats now.

Terrible game ruined by Spies who think that they have some sort of skill running around invisible and 1 shotting you, then proceeding to hide in stealth for the rest of the match.

Don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    Terrible game ruined by Spies who think that they have some sort of skill running around invisible and 1 shotting you, then proceeding to hide in stealth for the rest of the match.

Don't waste your time.
    You gotta be trolling.
    Spies are the hardest class to play, and the least liked because of the fact that they're hard to play. If you play a spy to kill people, then you're doing it right (as you sap here and there). If you play a spy just to sap, and you camp with the Ambassador, then you're probably a terrible spy.

There is this wonderful thing called spy checking. And if you get killed by spies as a pyro, then wow...just wow.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick your maps carefully, I can't bear Turbine. Engineers and Demo's make me rage something fierce

The game is still awesome even after valve started milking people who like to wear ingame hats and other vanity items and think it makes them look cool. This reminds me of this demopan picture:

In fact, I enjoy killing and dominating people who wear stupid hats. Some of those even have fancy visual effects (bright logos swirling around owner's head) around them making wearers easier to spot while sniping. Trading/buying stuff from store isn't mandatory at all, you can get everything you need through drops/achievements/craft(you smelt items you don't need and use materials obtained that way to create weapons you want). Items unique to valve store are purely cosmetic.

As for all those spies hate posts- nope, spies aren't op in any way and in fact rather vulnerable. They usually run around disguised as victim's comrades, but since there is no friendly fire in tf2, it's not hard to tell real teammate from spy by shooting/stabbing/slashing him. Additionaly you can run through allies, but will collide with enemies, including spies, which also reveals them. It doesn't take long to get used to spychecking every person you can reach. Spies have "stealth" which you can see through when someone bumps into cloaked spy or the spy gets hit and uncloaked sounds can be easily heard from afar unless you play with music on. Lastly, you can tell a spy from an ally by their weird behavior.
    So it's ok if you got killed by a spy once or twice, however if you are being dominated by one you're doing something wrong, probably playing heavy. Just pay attention. Plus, good spies are rare and majority of spies you'll meet hardly ever do more than 1 backstab before being roasted by a pyro.