Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has something similar active already. If you all of a sudden log in from another part of the world where you're usually not situated, your account gets locked. Happened to me a bunch of times, last time just two weeks ago when I tried to login from my hotel's WiFi in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    You *do* realize that the official forums are not the same as these fan forums, right?
    If he doesn't have access to US forums then he might as well post his suggestion here.

There is already a system that locks out attempts to log into your account from a 'very different' IP address. Since user IP addresses tend to change a lot, it'll only activate if it's like in a different state or country than you live in.

It's called the Dial-In Authenticator. It's free, and it's optional.

You give them a phone number (like your cell) that you want to use, and then call their service number. The system asks you to make a password over the phone, and you dial in that password. Then, the next time someone tries to log into your account from a different location, it'll ask them to call the number and dial the password. If they dial from a different phone number, they can't log in. But if you're at a friend's house from out of state/country, and have your cell on you, you can just call it, punch in the pass, and you're good to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with using an authenticator? It's already pretty much 100% hack free unless you somehow manage to get a man-in-the-middle virus, which takes quite some effort.