Deleted

So whats with the Zandalari??

Heya!!

I was going through the forums for the Zandalari and a two things occured to me:
    1. After the Cataclysm what happened to their little Island off the side of STV? I know its still there but they've all left and the alter for the Bijous is gone too.
    2. I know their all for rejoining the trolls, but why are they against us? The latest post says that Voljin wants to stop them before they go pew pew the rest of Azeroth, even though we helped them stop Hakkar in the first place.

In the new dungeons, is there any information as to why they've turned against us?
    Apart for the fact their scared of what the Alliance and Horde will do to their empire?
    I've checked the forums but Im new and very bad at finding threads :P

If this has already been answered Im sorry for reposting :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin was invited to join their new troll empire, but thought fuck it and invited Halduron Brightwing (who in turn invited Vereesa Windrunner) to his raid group in nipping the new Zandalari-Amani-led empire in the bud, before it can become formidable enough to pose a threat to the Horde and Alliance.

It does seem a little aggressive on Vol'jin's part (and a little ironic that he's joining forces with blood and high elves), but if it makes you feel any better, this new empire is being coordinated by a rather nasty piece of work called Warlord Daakara.

I recall some blue on the American forums mentioning that this us-or-them behaviour is typical of most trolls, and that it's perfectly in-character for the Zandalari to break their passive neutrality if it means forging a new troll paradise.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2011-04-23 at 04:23 PM.

In vanilla, players actually could become exalted with the Zandalari, as far as I'm aware. To me it seems like they didn't want to worship Hakkar, so they instead offered players shiny trinkets to get rid of him- we were simply pawns in their master plan to unite the troll tribes under their own command.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Vol'jin was invited to join their new troll empire, but thought fuck it and invited Halduron Brightwing (who in turn invited Vereesa Windrunner) to his raid group in nipping the new Zandalari-Amani-led empire in the bud, before it can become formidable enough to pose a thread to the Horde and Alliance.
    Vol'jin is win. Vol'jin is made of epic. <3 But in all seriousness.

It does seem a little aggressive on Vol'jin's part (and a little ironic that he's joining forces with blood and high elves), but if it makes you feel any better, this new empire is being coordinated by a rather nasty piece of work called Warlord Daakara.
    TBH it doesn't seem to agressive for me from Vol'jin, talking about the troll who told Garrosh the moment messes up, Vol'jin will be there to finish him off. Vol'jin is just lookin out for his people and the horde tbh. But anyways, I think the matter at hand really is, when exactly did the Zandalari BECOME evil and horrible and bad? I mean these are the trolls who helped us take down a blood god. These are the trolls who tried to save the northrnend troll gods/loa AND rescued the Amani gods/loa, or so I thought.

I just feel bad, what have they done to Harkoa? Or the other loa? We saw what the Amani did, we know how Hakkar acted. When did they become so bad? I think that's really the question. Were they always bad? Were they always lying? Just. What. ._.

Edit: @ Nartalath: Actually, Hakkar was evil. Mean, dirt cheap evil. If you've done some quests like my friend did before the shattering and all that, evidently I think it was Brann Bronzebeard, [and the designers of the game but humor me] was said to suspect that Hakkar was NOT a loa at all but actually a spawn of an old god. [I try not to think about a loa and an old god getting it on, so suggest you don't either].
    Last edited by LolToon; 2011-04-23 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LolToon View Post

TBH it doesn't seem to agressive for me from Vol'jin, talking about the troll who told Garrosh the moment messes up, Vol'jin will be there to finish him off. Vol'jin is just lookin out for his people and the horde tbh. But anyways, I think the matter at hand really is, when exactly did the Zandalari BECOME evil and horrible and bad? I mean these are the trolls who helped us take down a blood god. These are the trolls who tried to save the northrnend troll gods/loa AND rescued the Amani gods/loa, or so I thought.

I just feel bad, what have they done to Harkoa? Or the other loa? We saw what the Amani did, we know how Hakkar acted. When did they become so bad? I think that's really the question. Were they always bad? Were they always lying? Just. What. ._.
    They are not evil they are just using an opportunity to strengthen their people, scattered the trolls are weak but united they can get shit done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They are not evil they are just using an opportunity to strengthen their people, scattered the trolls are weak but united they can get shit done.
    I agree with this. I feel that the Darkspears and Vol'jin acted like this because of two things:
    1.They felt the Horde will win.
    2.As revenge because they were banished from Stranglethorn so much time ago, it's payback time so to say.

Deleted
    Ahh good old High Elves and Blood Elves...anlways trying to mess up those trolls

But I do want to know why their now against us. I can understand they want to power up their people and unite all again but turning against those that killed the Blood god?
    I completely forgot about trying to save the other Loa's.
    Maybe they did just use us to get the other tribes to see what the Alliance and Horde could do.
    Now that they see us as a massive threat it gives them a big reason to unite?
    I do hope that its explained!

Still doesn't make much sense to me; the Zandalari cried out for help from horde and alliance against Hakkar. They didn't seem to mind us going to town with the Amani. You get requested, SPECIFICALLY, to rescue Harkoa basically. And when you do this the Amani gods briefly, show up in an ethral-esque state to approve of this MUST GO SAVE mission.

It's just, the Zandalari know the might of the horde and alliance combined. Why would they want to even try to go against one of two forces, let alone the possibility of both?

I mean it's just .. what? I mean if you're right and they aren't evil, they're bloody morons and THAT is why Vol'jin went screw you guys I'm staying horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    basically its this

the zandalari are not being evil they are trying to save the trolls who are basically an endangered species after all our questing by forming a new empire that would rivial the horde and alliance

vol'jin is the worlds most powerful troll politically and militarily, he would not give this up to join the new troll empire. he also dosnt want the horde to be threatened by a new troll empire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LolToon View Post
    But anyways, I think the matter at hand really is, when exactly did the Zandalari BECOME evil and horrible and bad? I mean these are the trolls who helped us take down a blood god. These are the trolls who tried to save the northrnend troll gods/loa AND rescued the Amani gods/loa, or so I thought.
    Perhaps Hakkar controlled Gurubashi and rogue, Loa-empowered, frost trolls were a threat to the proposed Zandalari empire?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Just like Hitler was merely trying to rebuild a war ravaged and economically depressed Germany. Teh greatest evils are committed when someone decides they have the right to gain prosperity at the expense of others. The Zandalari are the troll priest caste. They used our help because they needed experienced combatants to take out factions of their people who diverged too far from their original religious traditions. Hakkar was a threat to their authority, and their chances of bringing the troll nations back to the Zandalari. Our interventions on their behalf left a weakend set of troll nations with a recent defeat in their minds that discredited their current supposed saviours, and left a void for the Zandalari to fill. Now they have a strong military arm under their sway, and we are no longer needed.