Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Best moment in archaeology?

I recently have been leveling archaeology and at 125 my first rare popped up! It was the druid and priest statue set, and I went to finish a fossil project and the fossilized hatchling appeared . Anyone else care to share some of their favourite parts in archaeology?

10+ Year Old Account
    When I got the bug mount on my first and only tolvir solve

When I got my Tyrande's Favorite Doll (after ~170 post-525 solves), after which I removed archaeology menu and survey ability from my action bars and never opened them again. *twitch*

Deleted
    To me it has to be that moment when i realized how this profession does nothing more than to waste my time running around and finally removed it from my bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by troufas View Post
    To me it has to be that moment when i realized how this profession does nothing more than to waste my time running around and finally removed it from my bars.
    thb... it's a secondary profession, not something you have to do... I mean you don't spend all your time creating bandages, I highly doubt that.

On topic: My most epic moment was, when the RING appeared in the Tol'vir bracket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting "Professor" title! It makes me play my priest even when im about to give up on gearing him. Tyrande's Favorite Doll was my 20th rare so that made the moment even better. Archaeology is great to do when your Horde waiting in the long bg ques farming gear too =)

When my 20th rare procced and I knew that I would never have to do this happy funland profession again (until more achievements for it are put out). Also when I procced Tyrande's Doll.

This may have been edited by a Moderator
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-04-23 at 08:51 PM. Reason: language

Deleted
    i did not have any good moments in archeology, this profession just wants to kill myself....
    also 160 troll solves past 400 skill and no zinrokh yeah

Deleted
    Has to be my first rare.
    I thought I was going to get the raptor pet which I was stoked for!
    Then I made it I realised it was the mount and I was even more excited! Three fossil makes later the pet poped up

When I finally got the puzzle box and the doll. I was so happy.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

The instant I hit 525 and told myself I was never going to touch the damn profession again.

Vial of the sands recipe, 2nd jar, 30 solves, 2 rares, 50 hours, one week.

Sanity maintained by Tenacious D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

When the very first thing I made was the fossilized raptor pet.

Quote Originally Posted by troufas View Post
    does nothing more than to waste my time running around
    Welcome to World of Timesinkcraft.

Mine was probably getting Tyrande's Favorite Doll (though I'm still trying to get the sword, qq).

Single dig site in which all three fragments appeared at the exact same location.

Nothing, around 250 solves for nightelf only and no tyrande's doll, which is the only thing that makes me do archaeology, i get about 180~190 part/day, and solve them with keystones, and nothing shows up.

Getting the banned e-mail for botting a secondary profession that shouldn't really be a first offence permanent closure of account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfx View Post
    Getting the banned e-mail for botting a secondary profession that shouldn't really be a first offence permanent closure of account.
    Get over it. You were dumb, admit it. Botters should know that NOBODY should've been botting archaeology, not yet at least. All arch bots are still new and the kinks haven't been worked out, thus, they weren't safe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Single dig site in which all three fragments appeared at the exact same location.
    Would have to be this. I had been wondering if it was possible for a while and when it finally happened I was more excited than had any right to be. Also happened to be in the first spot surveyed for that site.

Deleted
    The best moment in archaeology for me was the fact that I gave up farming the bug mount and I never touch archaeology again... Just screw it!