Poll: Is a Fitness forum a Good Idea?

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Weight Loss / Gamers Fitness Forum

There is a lot of Fitness/weight loss forum posts on MMO-champion. Now fitness is part of being a gamer so I was wondering what you guys would think if there was a Fitness forum implemented to MMO-Champion. I think this would be a great addition to the MMO-Champion forum community. This would be a place were all gamers alike could talk about working out, recovery and whatever else fits in-between those two things.

What do you guys think? Good/Bad? Not needed?

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't necessary, but if used correctly it wouldn't make a bad addition to the off-topics.

This would imply that the majority of gamers is overweight and might offend someone.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there is enough interest we could maybe change the Sports forum to Sports and Fitness, but you can post that stuff there now without issue.

I'll mention it next time I see an admin around if you want.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-04-23 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    This would imply that the majority of gamers is overweight and might offend someone.
    if someone is getting offended over a "healthy topic forum" cuz they are fat, then so be it. They are doomed to be fat forever...

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If there is enough interest we could maybe change the Sports forum to Sports and Fitness, but you can post that stuff there now without issue.

I'll mention it next time I see an admin around if you want.
    That would be wonderful thanks a lot, if anyone else knows an admin and can contact them and feels that this is a good idea please suggest it to them.

Well if it's not something that turns into a : UFATBRO troll fest then i would be very interested.
    And a food subforum next to the exercise subforum would be nice.

Deleted
    What's up with all the weight loss? It's rather unavoidable to get smaller and smaller when playing World of Warcraft since = "DINNER!" *keep playing* "Huh? Oh... I'll be there in a minute..." x 3 years. How are there fat gamers? >_<

Yea like threads about retards in LFG imply all WoW players are retards

I mean if you are fat then you are fat, this thread won't make you more offended than the mirror.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    What's up with all the weight loss? It's rather unavoidable to get smaller and smaller when playing World of Warcraft since = "DINNER!" *keep playing* "Huh? Oh... I'll be there in a minute..." x 3 years. How are there fat gamers? >_<
    :P the answer is rather complicated. but not eating enough can actually cause weight gain because your body burns muscle for energy before fat if it needs it. Then when you binge eat once you realize your hungry your body stores that as fat.

losing muscle mass is the biggest killer because the more muscle you have, the more energy your body needs in general so the more fat it'll burn (provided your not starving it buy not eating properly). So as you loose muscle, but continue the same eating habits, your just stacking on more calories than you need.

All that combines to weight gain for inactive people :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisorie4 View Post
    Well if it's not something that turns into a : UFATBRO troll fest then i would be very interested.
    And a food subforum next to the exercise subforum would be nice.
    We try not to get carried away with too many sub-forums. Adding Fitness to the sports forum seems do-able, but nutrition as its own forum is probably unnecessary. If you want to create threads about it, go for it in Gen OT

Deleted
    I dont see how fitness should have any place in an MMO forum, peroid.

If youre fat, youre fat. Its your way of life, you chose to. Gaming has NOTHING to do with being slim or fat. At all.

The reason some gamers are fat, is because alot of people game. Chances are, some of those gamers are fat. Also, chances are some of those gamers have black hair. Why not make a nice hair product forum to?

Deleted
    i don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor.

Myself i like to stay in shape and go to the gym daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolzraptor View Post
    Also, chances are some of those gamers have black hair. Why not make a nice hair product forum to?
    Yes, we should do this. Personally my hair is purple, but I find a lot of different products come out with more "tinted" purples which I would quite enjoy having a long debate over the best product on. Lets do it. /Sarcasm

Back OT: I would support this, in theory, I always like to read the fitness threads for little tips on how to remain healthy. Personally I don't have access to any kind of gym or anything so I find it hard to workout if I can't do it at home(and for that matter when I have my home to myself). D: Also I eat like a gamer....skip meals and eat tons of snacks....oh its a miracle I am not overweight. And saying gaming has nothing to do with your weight at all.. Well, while I agree you can easily still be fit and game, most people have issues balancing both, or eating regular healthy meals and gaming(my issue ]: ). Not to mention the fact that just by gaming you are dedicated to spending x amount of time to doing basically nothing from a physical standpoint, depending on how much you play/raid that will influence your weight.

At the same time I understand that this is a forum dedicated not just to gaming but specifically to a game, and offtopic itself already covers the topics we get for it normally now. I don't think a health/fitness forum would get enough traffic on its own to warrant the subfourm, which in turn would make fewer people read it then if it were just incorporated into offtopic, therefor making its helpfulness less effective.
    Last edited by Reixy; 2011-04-23 at 11:11 PM.

their heavy breathing over vent offends me.
    >

15+ Year Old Account
    Renamed Sports to Sports & Fitness.

Have fun!

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    :P the answer is rather complicated. but not eating enough can actually cause weight gain because your body burns muscle for energy before fat if it needs it. Then when you binge eat once you realize your hungry your body stores that as fat.

losing muscle mass is the biggest killer because the more muscle you have, the more energy your body needs in general so the more fat it'll burn (provided your not starving it buy not eating properly). So as you loose muscle, but continue the same eating habits, your just stacking on more calories than you need.

All that combines to weight gain for inactive people :P
    Well wtf? Why would the body burn muscle before fat? >_>
    We need some treatment to edit our genes for this.