Holy Priest - Spirit Question

My priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ACka/simple

My main is a mage, but I have been reading and learning about Holy healing.

Right now with my current gear I have 2452 spirit. Combat regen is 3221. This is with Fort/Inner Fire. Nothing else on.

What should I be aiming for as Holy? We have a main holy priest in the guild and this is just my alt, But she also spec's into state of mind so I'd rather ask better priests TBH.

Deleted
    You seem to be doing quite alright. going for haste/mastery with mastery as prio it seems. your gemming looks pretty good aswell.
    your spirit/regen is fine more will come with gear, only thing I'll really advice you to do is get your hands on tear of Blood the stonecore trinket, and replace your spirit trinket with it. other then that, get your hands dirty and start raiding. only thing you need now is experience.

one last thing though, you should move atleast 1 point from shadow into mental agility. 3% reduced mana cost is a lot, and the reduced cd on shadowfiend isn't that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no hard number on how much Spirit you want. The minimum amount would be the amount you need to succeed in the hardest encounter you run, and then a little bit more. Basically, you need to be comfortable with your mana-regen. If you don't go out of mana very often: awesome. If you do go out of mana very often and you're not spaming Flash Heal: get more Spirit.

And since I'm checking your Armory anyway:
    - Veiled Shadow doesn't do what you want it to do.
    - Get the Glyph of Prayer of Mending. It's a straight up healing increase.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    You have more spirit than I do with 4t11 active so it shouldn't be a problem.

Remove 1 point from veiled shadows and put them into mental agility and remove 2 points from tome of light and put em into blessed resilience.
    I like running spirit of redemption instead of desperate prayer.

I'd recommend getting glyph of lightwell instead of shield aswell as replacing fear glyph with PoM (!!!)
    Last edited by mmoc12f026c685; 2011-04-23 at 11:46 PM. Reason: added spec tips

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    But she also spec's into state of mind so I'd rather ask better priests TBH.
    Lol that's mean.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I aim to hover around 2.6-2.8k spirit without the 4pc up. The only pieces I'm using that don't have spirit are the Sinestra cape, the Valiona neck, and the Cho'gall ring.

Here's the setup: http://www.wowhead.com/profile=24481504

Change your spec to max out Mental Agility, drop Veiled Shadows. Pick up either Guardian Spirit or Lightwell glyph instead of the Power Word: Shield glyph. You also probably want the Prayer of Mending glyph over either the Psychic Scream or Dispel Magic glyph.