Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

If you could make you own class or race, what would it be?

If you could design your own class that could be playable what would you want it to be? Any backround info about your race, like where he/she came from? How about class? What would you like to see your class be able to do? magic? melee? both?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like a class based on fire. Like a super melee Fire mage death knight!!!

Some kind of all around kick-ass caster that specializes in the most powerful magic abilities available. As for the race I wouldn't care as long as it resembled a small human female cause who doesn't like to be cute enough to kill kittens and deadly enough to kill everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine would have to be a kind of race/class hybrid. It would be a 2-Dimensional entity existing in a third dimensional world and its appearance would be very blocky sort of like old Atari game sprites except constantly changing shapes. It would have the ability to infect any matter on the atomic level allowing it to control anything biological or non-living matter. It would also be able to absorb and release large amounts of electrical energy which also if redirected at the entity in strong bursts would act as a sort of weakness against it making it retract back.

So yea I guess mine would be more of a OP enemy race or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kind of dependent on the game you are creating it for though, so it's kinda tough to answer you.

Like, I could say Battle Mage, because many games don't have one. Then again, some do.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I would implement Murloc as a playable race for both factions in WoW it'd be like the DK starting zone thing but you chose your side and if you want to go horde or ally.

10+ Year Old Account
    EThereal,mmm DH??
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.

10+ Year Old Account
    A battle mage style class that uses arcane fire andfrost dmg while wearing either mail or plate and can use pretty much any bladed weapon melee weapon(so no maces staves or daggers) . That to me would be awesome.

Completely agree with the majority here, Battle Mage would be fucking sex

Top Hat Ass-kicker

Only i can be the class

the Abiltys of the Class is

All Head Gear looks like a TopHat

They can Teleport anywhere in the world and anyone within 100 meters Die

All Attacks do 99999k Damage

And They have Lazer eyes!

New Patch notes for Balance

Their Teleport Only Kill People within 5 meters instead of 10, but now anyone within 100 meters will Lag out of the Game for 10 days.

Their Attacks only do 10000 damage now, but now it has AoE that Dose 5000 intel they Die and it cant be dispelled

Jordan "JordanXlord" Ellzey, SWTOR Beta Tester, Youtube Gaming Commentator (www.youtube.com/jordanxlord)

and Maker of the Varian Statue Comic http://eu.media5.battle.net/cms/gall...6051942976.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    A fencer type class that can do epic deeps without needing a 2hr or 2 1hrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KEFIOX View Post
    Completely agree with the majority here, Battle Mage would be fucking sex
    Yep why i main an enh shammie closest thing we have right nowother than DKs who are more like battle warlocks and even then don't have the right magical "feel". I mean my second highest toon before i went on my latest hiatus was my dk but it still lacked the feel of REALLY using magic.

Note: This is from my text file, and is based on World of Warcraft. This doesn't include all abilities.

Class name:
    Psychic

Roles:
    Ranged DPS, CC, Buffer.

Armor:
    Light armor / cloth.

Weaponry:
    Staves, 1-handers, off-hand relics.

Class Mechanic:
    Mental Power, in addition to their mana bar, they also have a mental power meter capped at 100. Whenever they use an ability, some of the spells grant between 5-25 mental power.

Certain values (i.e 10, 25, 50, etc) grant special effects, such as making some spells instant cast, higher damage, etc. However, each Mental Power point increases the mana cost of all abilities by 0.5%. There would of course be mental power dumps.

In addition, whenever the Psychic runs out of mana, they gain Mind Burn passive effect. It allows the Psychic cast spells that cost health points equal to the spell's original mana cost. Mind Burn ceases as soon the Psychic gains mana.

Concept:
    The psychic is the master of control and torment. The lore explanation for this class is originated from shadow priests, who have deeply studied the mind functions, rather than the art of shadow.

By specializating in Telekinesia they can move objects by the power of thought, granting possibilities to relocate enemies, temporarily cease brain operations of foes and controlling the gravity at will.

Example abilities:

---

Telekinetic Pull
    25% of base mana
    Grants 10 Mental Power
    2 second cast 1.5 minute cooldown

Pulls up to 5 enemies within 35 yards towards the targeted location and slowing them by 70% for 3 seconds.

---

Repel
    7% of base mana
    Grants 5 Mental Power
    Instant cast 40 second cooldown

Knocks the targeted enemy away by 30 yards and prevents the use of gap closing abilities for 4 seconds.

---

Energy-Magnetic Shield
    30% of base mana
    Grants 15 Mental Power
    Instant cast 1 minute cooldown

Surrounds the caster in a magnetic shield, causing all incoming ranged or spell projectiles equal to 15941 damage to orbit around the caster. When the shield is removed, all projectiles are launched back to 5 closest targets. Lasts for 1 min.

---

Disable
    19% of base mana
    Grants 10 Mental Power
    Instant cast 45 second cooldown

The caster temporarily disables the enemy's connection between brain and upper body, preventing them to use melee abilities for 7 sec.

---

Anti-Gravity Field
    40% of base mana
    Grants 25 Mental Power
    2 second cast 2 min cooldown

Nullifies the gravity at the targeted location, all caught enemies will start to levitate in the area, reducing the movement speed by 75%. (The effect would look like characters slowly swimming in the air). Lasts for 10 seconds.

---

Spell Redirection
    19% of base mana
    Instant cast 25 second cooldown

Places redirection effect on the targeted enemy, causing their next offensive spell to be randomly cast to any enemies within 40 yards or their next healing spell to be randomly cast on any allies within 40 yards of you. This effect is removed after 3 seconds if no spell is cast

---

Lucky Atmosphere
    26% of base mana
    Instant cast

Promotes the chance of random occurance for certain talents, abilities and masteries by 5% for all party or raid members. Does not apply to critical strike chance. Lasts for 1 hour. (In other words, promotes RNG for talents, abilities and masteries with proc element)

---

Force Choke
    10% of base mana
    Grants 3 Mental Power / sec
    Channeled

Telekinetically grab the opponent's throat, effectively suffocating them. Causes X damage every second for 4 seconds.

---

By specializing in Torment, the psychic may torment the mind using Arcane and Shadow based spells, becoming a powerful damage caster.

Example abilities:

---

Mindbolt
    17% of base mana
    Grants 5 Mental Power
    2 second cast

Shoots a mind forged bolt towards the enemy, causing X Arcane damage and 50% of the damage done over 5 seconds as Shadow damage.

---

Essence Split
    39% of base mana
    Instant cast 3 minute cooldown

Split in to three exact copies of yourself, reducing your damage by 67%. The copies cast the same spells as you do and deal exact same damage. In addition, you may switch places between your copies, also removing all movement impairing effects from you. Lasts for 15 seconds.

---

Torment Shock
    10% of base mana
    Grants 30 Mental Power
    Instant cast 10 second cooldown

Sharply shivs the enemy's mind, dealing X Arcane damage and removing all periodical damage effects. The damage is increased by 7.5% per effects removed.

---

Manipulation
    15% of base mana
    Grants 5 Mental Power

Attempt to manipulate two enemy targets within 5 yard range of the target, causing them to attack each other for 15 seconds.

---

Warp Reality
    10% of base mana
    Instant cast

Slowly disconnects the enemy from reality, causing X Shadow damage over 20 seconds and reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 10%.

---

Thought Flow Disruption
    15% of base mana
    Grants 5 Mental Power
    Instant cast

Severely disrupt the enemy's casting, causing X Arcane damage over 20 second. Each periodical damage tick has a 30% chance to push back the enemy target's casting by 50%.

---

Resource Burn
    49% of base mana
    Grants 35 Mental Power
    Instant cast 15 second cooldown

Burns away 20 Rage, Energy or Runic Power from the enemy target and reduces the generation of such resources by 50% for 5 seconds.

---

By choosing the Possession spec they are able to increase the potency of harmful effects of your allies and grant them powerful enhancements.

Example Abilities:

---

Terror Vision
    5% of base mana
    Grants 5 Mental Power
    Instant cast 1.5 minute cooldown

Emerges the images of enemy's deepest fears, temporarily increases the potency of Fear and Horror effects on the enemy target for 10 seconds. Causing such effects to no longer be removed by immunity effects or randomly broken by damage.

---

Performance Enhancement (Bloodlust-like raid cooldown)
    26% of base mana
    Instant cast 5 minute cooldown

Increases critical strike, mastery or haste rating by 1850, whichever is the highest, for all party and raid members. Lasts 40 sec.

---

Mind Shatter
    25% of base mana
    Grants 20 Mental Power
    2 second cast 3 minute cooldown

Violently stuns the enemy target for 10 sec (PvP duration of 5 sec). Also stuns enemy targets that are immune to regular stun effects for 2 sec.

---

Mind Control
    40% of base mana
    Grants 10 Mental Power
    2 second cast 1.5 minute cooldown

Possess the enemy's mind up to 10 seconds. (Different from priest's MC, this version is more like the engineer mind control cap, where the victim behaves like a pet and even randomly uses abilities)

---

Thought Flow Protection
    30% of base mana
    Instant

Protects the individual's casting from disturbance, reducing the mana cost of all abilities by 5% and increasing protection to dispel mechanics and effects by 30%. Lasts for 30 minutes.

---
    Multi Task
    15% of base mana
    Instant 30 second cooldown

Empowers the friendly target's casting, allowing them to cast two spells simultaneously for 5 seconds. However, the secondary spell has 50% reduced effect.

---
    Other ideas:
    I also planned the Torment ability "Mindbolt" to morph to different versions depending on the spec, each would have different name and functions.

Possession:

Binding Bolt 1/1 (Talent)

Your Mindbolt ability morphs into Binding Bolt, reducing its damage and casting time by 30% and removing the periodical damage effect. Instead, each time you cast Binding Bolt, the enemy gains an effect that increases the duration of next effect that completely reduces the character control by 0.33 seconds. Stacking up to 3 times. Lasts for 20 sec.

Telekinesia:

Telekinetic Bolt 1/1 (Talent)

Your Mindbolt ability morphs into Telekinetic Bolt, increasing its casting time by 25% and removing the periodical damage effect. Instead, your Telekinetic Bolt jumps between 3 enemy targets within 15 yd radius, reducing its damage by 20% each jump.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2011-04-24 at 04:11 AM.

A spellbreaker from WC3. He's a tank who is immune to all forms of magic.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divinitum blizz should honestly think about that as an idea its freakin badass

10+ Year Old Account
    The only race I want is the Pandarens. With 2 goblin racials (the discount one & either Pack Hobgoblin or the increased cast time by 1%), the rest can be brand new racials to suit the drunken kung-fu master.

If I could be a drunk panda, I'd want ele shammys to be completely OP for like 1 patch. That way I could roll around like a total fucking badass.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMaker View Post
    Divinitum blizz should honestly think about that as an idea its freakin badass
    Yeah, it's called a Shadow Priest.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Spellsword. It wears mail, uses two handed weapons, and uses elemental magic. Pure dps class.

Why spellsword? Well, I've always had a lot of fun with that kind of character. I played a spellsword variant class in 3.5 D&D for a long time, and it was badass to the extreme. I also played my Fable 1 (the good fable) character like a spellsword, and it was just too much fun.

I have not even one idea about what the three trees would be, all I know is it would be awesome and I would reroll it in a heartbeat.

Edit: Yeah pretty much the same idea as battle mage.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-04-24 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    I've had the concept of a Hydromancer in my mind for quite some time. It'd be a caster with DPS and Healing specs, who casts spells by using Water rather then Mana, Energy, or anything else. This water would have a set amount of 200, and would regenerate slowly over time. This regeneration however would dehydrate the area, eventually forcing the Hydromancer to move to another location to maintain its Water regeneration. To compensate for this, it'd probably have an instant-cast main nuke, or some instant-cast heals.
    As for its spells and spec, I'm thinking of one single-target DPS tree, one AoE DPS tree, and one hybrid Healing tree containing both single- and multi-target Healing abilities. It would mainly have burst heals and burst damage, and its damaging spells would deal Water or Frost damage.
    It'd also wear Cloth, because I find it more suitable then Leather or Mail on a caster.

As for the race it would be... I'm not sure. I suppose playing either a Pandaren, a Furbolg or a Vrykul would be pretty cool.

Deleted
    A Demon Hunter. Very rogue/warrior likely but can use some dark spells too

He must have "track demon" or else it isnt a demon hunter D: