Al'Akir P2 assisted sought

My guild is currently working on 10m Al'Akir, and I was wondering if anyone had some good advice in how to handle adds and boss burn during P2. We're running 3 heals atm (don't have the dps I don't think to try to 2 heal it). I recently switched over from Fury to Prot Warrior to do the tanking as I seem to have the best ability to get through Squall Lines and have the advantage of Charge/Heroic Leap to get back in fast to minimize the Electrocute. What we've been trying on P2 is to have melee in a pile 20ish yds to my right, with ranged/healers at the same area but farther out from the boss, and save 3 Stormlings before we start burning them down. I'm trying to taunt and hold them primarily as we go and start to burn them, I'm just not sure if I should do everything I can to keep them off the ranged pile or let them go if someone pulls aggro and focus on other stormlings/Al'Akir.
    Also, about when do people typically pop Heroism? Our best attempt was I think popping at boss 60%/5 or 6 stacks of Feedback. But we wiped around 32% with 15 stacks of Acid Rain.

Other than "do better dps/healing/tanking, some constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. Group comp fluctuates, but typically we have Mage/Lock/SPriest/Enh Shaman/Frost DK, Resto Druidx2/Priest, last spot depends on who's on, either hunter or another dps DK if I have to tank.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

You haven't specified if it's normal or hardmode. I'll guess it's normal mode.

Well, for the adds the best thing is to have a dk / warrior / retnoob tanking them away OR the tank.
    When u say "we burn them down" I assume you mean "we kill one then wait the debuff have few sec left (2-5) to kill another one and keep doing this. If you gather 3 adds and kill all of them withing few sec you've done something wrong. But if you reached 32% that mean you do it correctly.
    Your biggest issue seems to be your dps.
    15stacks of acid rains.... o m g... the dps is WAY too low. you should reach p3 at 11-13 acid rain (or under...)

For the adds, a really good way to kill them is "dot n don't care".
    What I mean is have your dps with the biggest brain put a mark on the "next add to kill" and simply dot him. In normal mode their hp is low enough that simple dots can kill him. Mage + Lock + Sp + flameshock should be more than enough. if the add is too high in hp to die from dots before the debuff fade. Simply yell on vent "kill the add" everybody will launch a bolt and he'll die.
    Doing this make your dps actually gain dps from switching because they multi dots. That should increase your overall dps. Another gain is that once the 3 first add are dead. it's usually "when he pop in your screen, put your dots, then keep dps'ing alakir" and just assign 1 dps to watch the add closely. If more dps is needed he can call on vent.
    Last edited by Magicochon; 2011-04-24 at 05:41 AM.

Deleted
    Having the debuff stack drop and slow dps would appear to be issues. At first, as I am the DK that picks and handles adds, I take two sparks on me, kill one as the third spawns to create a buffer in order to sustain the feedback. I then proceed to whack them and kill one around 2-5 seconds before the debuff runs out and this way we usually have 7-8 stacks of feedback at 25% transition to P3.

It sounds like you are tanking Al'Akir and the adds, but that seems rather unnecessary. We have a plate DPS (DK is my suggested one, deathgrip makes it easier to get quick aggro on the adds and keep them piled) tank the adds, easier to coordinate where people are standing that way. The adds don't hit very hard and you want them out of the way (not near Al'Akir) to make everyone else's life easier. We stand in a triangle with tank+healers+melee dps stacked on the boss, the DK tanking the adds out to one side, ranged DPS on the other side.

Our DK brings the adds down to 40-50%, then ranged finishes them off one at a time when the Feedback debuff has ~10 seconds left. We usually wait for 4 adds to be out before we start killing them, 3 is probably fine too though. Heroism at 6-7 stacks (preferably right after a squall line has passed through) is good. Really light up the boss and perhaps have your DK kill the adds as necessary while BL is up so ranged get max DPS uptime on the boss. Make sure people who can clear their stacks are doing so.

Healing can be pretty intense during that phase, but if you get to P3 it's very easy, with even 6-7 people up you should have a kill. So don't lose hope if you lose a couple during that phase (although once you get your strat down you should have no probs getting through without anyone dying).

Trick for P2 is simple, pull stormlings away from the raid (rest of the raid stacks on tank for more efficient aoe heals) then wait till the 3rd stormling pops before you kill the first one and kill one every 15-18s from then on. Letting stacks drop is almost always a wipe due to acid rain or no heal mana going into p3 so you need to have good dps control.

Once you get to the point where you arent dropping feedback stacks, its becomes the easiest phase in that fight.

Deleted
    Nah, I'm a dps DK and distribute my DPS between adds and Al'Akir when necessary. All other DPS can concentrate on Al'Akir until the very last stacks when the buffer spark goes down. And yes I stand close to group, but not too close as to have spark aoe hitting raid. Having cooldowns like AMS to blow with the adds during acid storm really helps with the healer mana as well. Sadly, despite P1 and P2 being quite easy, it doesn't improve people's awareness with their position in the Z-direction in third phase, lightning grids cause most casualties.
    Last edited by mmocb803490959; 2011-04-24 at 05:53 AM.

Thanks for all the advice, yeah I wasn't sure about whether to bother hitting the boss as tank in P2 and have some overexcited ranged dps catch up on aggro, but we'll see about switching things around to get a DK to be able to tank and grip those adds, allowing me to DPS instead which would be a great benefit.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Our first kill was almost exactly like yours sounds. Wait for the 3rd add, kill them with 2 sec left, we went into P3 with 9 stacks on him. How we deal with the adds is we had our hunter glyph for MD and have his pet tank the add while he burns them down, he will need help after the 4th-5th add but should be fine solo till then. And when you hit P3, dont go from bottom to top, there is a cloud at the bottom already, fly all the way to the top and start there, theres no initial dmg to deal with.

Eh? People seem to over complicate fights alot. Tank first add on you, have dps drop it to <20%, continue dpsing Al'Akir, when second add spawns finish off the first one, take second one to <20%, rinse and repeat. Generally we lust soon as everyone is positioned in p2, why are you trying to save it? Overlap into p3? Theres no need.

Stacks falling off doesnt mean your going to wipe at all. Yes it helps to have perfect stacks but tbh if it drops off once or twice during the phase its far from a automatic wipe. I finish this fight on >50% mana every time.