Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Zomg not the wow killerz!?

currently I'm unsubbed from WoW, but I haven't touched another MMO.
    If I ever feel the need to play an MMO again, I'll likely resub WoW, because so far I have yet to see an MMO that can stand up to WoW.

Though if I had to choose an MMO other then WoW, I'd likely go retro mode and find myself a nice old-fashioned UO server.

Deleted
    I enjoyed the game a lot, but the trouble is that if you want to start a new cha then you have to do the exact smae quests in the exact same zones,

Got to Level 50. It was mad boring from start but then as I level I was striving to hit 50 so that was a bit fun. Some of the most annoying things in the game is the amount of mobs. EVERYWHERE!!!!! So you're at L40 and you run into level 10 mobs a few hits and you're off the mount, simple as that. It's hard to get anywhere with the massive amount of mobs. At L50 there isn't much to do at all. I dread the expert (heroic) instances as it will take more than an hour to complete. If something takes that long it better be worth my time but its not. You can crappy tokens for your 2+ hours of expert instances and chance of loot. There's more to rant about but this is enough for now.

Bottom line, leveling to 50 was fun which took a month and now that I'm 50, nothing else to do so sub canx.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrone View Post
    I enjoyed the game a lot, but the trouble is that if you want to start a new cha then you have to do the exact smae quests in the exact same zones,
    pvp. Its the only way I lvl'd so many toons in wow. No way I could do those same quests in wow for 10 toons. different starting zones but you eventually end up at the same place.

Deleted
    Meh, RIFT was exciting till lvl 19-20... I mean, I still like the entire lore of RIFT (really, it is seriously awesome) but the game is just crap. First off:
    Fighting doesn't seem very responsive. Sure you do the ability, but you are not thrilled every time you perform an attack like you are in WoW. Atleast I just absolutely LOVE each time I in WoW do one hellova crit or each time I cast a Fireball or use SS and hope for a high number. Seriously, I love that part in WoW, and this is why I hate RIFT. You never get that thrill/feeling.
    So, just like this topic is about: I have returned to WoW. However I don't consider my return to WoW as some sort of defeat, I just needed my horizon broadened in the world of MMO's. And to me, WoW still fulfills my needs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Orly? I'm trying to think which Mage one(s) aren't viable.

Dominator, maybe, as bosses are immune to CC. But it's still trash-viable, and amazing to Solo as.

All others are 100% viable. Unless you're trying to pair Stormcaller with Chloromancer.
    Conveniently, Mages are currently viewed in Rift as OP.

I gave rift a try till lvl 20.I only wanted to pvp and since black garden were so bugged for me.Getting 2 fps drop when i pick up fang.I can play others games fun.Crysis 2 running on hardcore with 50 fps but rift client is just wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by Indecision View Post
    What people don't realize is that RIFT is not some crazy new genre creating game. It's a simple MMORPG that's similar to WoW, but different in it's own way. I personally find it tons of fun, and prefer it to WoW right now. But I also do what most of today's gamers do, and I immerse myself in the game's lore. It just helps you to appreciate the game in a new way. People these days are too obsessed with being level capped and rushing through end-game. Then they're disappointed when they realize there isn't much end-game. Which...somehow is ironic. A BRAND NEW game, doesn't have enough end-game content.

Though, I suppose they also assume WoW came out with heaps of end-game already in it.
    Pretty much. People have gotten so used to WoW being the MMO, with years' worth of development behind it, that they've forgotten that it's...well, had years to develop.

I think the two games, all similarities aside, are comparable quality-wise. (Hell, I even came up with itemized lists of what Rift does better, what WoW does better, and where they break even.) And until something better comes along (see: my post in the "dream MMO" thread), those two games are the best of the market in their particular subgenre. (Although DDO has its good points as well.)

I recently stopped playing Rift, I did enjoy it, but I think people are giving the Talent system too much praise. All it is, is basically what the vanilla WoW talent system was, you had 3 trees and you could throw points around to your own discretion. The only thing you are given is that you choose the 3 trees you want.

And with this whole "Play the game your way" thing, the only reason that works now is because there isn't really any form of damage meter in the game. Granted there is a damage meter but it isn't as widely used as it is in WoW. If this were to change however, you will end up with "Cookie-cutter" specs. And if this games player base were to grow large enough, it WILL happen.

i played the beta for a little while and it seemed pretty fun the graphics were nice, though i dont care all that much about graphics in an mmo.
    i got past the starter zone and the rifts started happening, and they were happening constantly, every few seconds one popped up where i was trying to kill quest mobs. and honestly if that happened all the time id get extremely bored.

just my opinion i never saw any of the dungeons at all, or the pvp but i imagine theres a huge imbalance issue with that many souls choices.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think a lot of people in this game that say they got bored quickly, just look for the negative. of course any game will be boring if you force your self to think like that.

you have to get your self motivated to get past the whole being bored quick.

WoW for example is damn boring as well unless you get your self off the couch per say and do something other then the 1 or 2 things you would normally do.
    Last edited by Syce; 2011-04-24 at 10:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    i think a lot of people in this game that say they got bored quickly, just look for the negative. of course any game will be boring if you force your self to think like that.

you have to get your self motivated to get past the whole being bored quick.

WoW for example is damn boring as well unless you get your self off the couch per say and do something other then the 1 or 2 things you would normally do.
    See, the thing is, video games are ment as a source of entertainment. If people don't get entertained by the game, they quickly grow bored of it and eventually just quit.

As for me personally, I reached level 43 before I quit, and still I barely found myself enjoying the game ever since I left the starting area. The game hadn't been that interesting for me anymore for roughly 5-6 questing zones -- More then enough to call it quits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is WoW with better BG queue times.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    I watched some vids from the beta, and i just cba to buy the game. Looks too much like WoW in the beginning. I just like the chars better in WoW.

Deleted
    There's other ways to lvl in rift than just questing. since 10lvl, i've gained more lvls from doing zone events and rifts than actual questing. pvp'ing is very fun on chloromancer.

I hate ppl that think questing is only aspect of game and/or only way to lvl in game.

I played wow for 3 years yeah, still i find rift much more fun. and trust me it becomes better the higher lvl you are.

As some have said leveling is okish but not something i would like to do(this comes from a guy who lvled 9 alts during wotlk). You have close to no choice on where to go. Can people develop a MMORPG and not just the MMO part. I want to feel i am having an adventure and not that i am a gun for hire who does everything for some coins. At max lvl everything is the same except you lack the dungeon finder. Raids are way to easy. Pvp is so imba it's not even funny. Mages/clerics facerol stuf. I would like to add there is no ranking brackets so a new guy can go against a seasoned rank 6 player fully geared who steamrolls over him. The soul system is the only thing that really shines and to same extent the rifts. Guess the fact they tried to copy wow will ultimately lead to their downfal.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

Wow is cool yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Damn RIFT is getting boring after a month? Who would of thought.
    The same thing was said of cata...and wrath...and tbc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    You were doing dailies in WoW 5 years ago! Interesting! This casts an interesting light on what you said. I shall use this information to judge the import of what you had to say...

...Yep. Seems you're talking crap.
    I wasnt referring to daily quests only.. I was referring to daily routines. Things you do every day.
    I call those things dailies. Doing a few bgs and hcs to get the daily bonus or whatever.
    Crafting the daily profession cooldown etc etc.

You would of understand that if you thought about it for 1 second instead of trying to find something
    to bash on so you could look cool on the internet.

Dont mark words mr fanboi. The fact is still that wow gets boring too just as any other mmo.