Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

rift became boring.

so just today i had 3 guildies come back to wow from rift and all of themm said the same exact thing " man once you get out of the starting zone rift is the same damn thing over and over again" it made me laugh but i think the wow community kinda knew this would happen.

Well, WoW is also the exact same thing over and over again once you get out of first two starter zone of each race.

Yeah.
    Now off to do the exact same Tol Borad dailies they've been doing for the past 5 months.
    How un-repetative.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still enjoy rift, I gave Aion too much time because it was so pretty.

But Rift, not so pretty, but a bit more fun then Aion, at least for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    hell yes it is, i got to lvl 18 lol.

I enjoyed rift in the beta, but I knew I would never max out a character, because the game felt to much like WoW, and the kick is, I ended up quitting WoW anyway, and didn't bother with rift, I am gonna wait for Tera, or GW2, give them a try. I like the way developers are going with a more vindictus kind of style in fighting, but with more depth like an MMO, It should be interesting to see.

i cancelled my rift account as well. has its ups and downs, but just wasnt the game i was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by wyzim View Post
    Well, WoW is also the exact same thing over and over again once you get out of first two starter zone of each race.
    actually the 1-60 is amazingly fun for both side i kinda prefer the horde side just a tad more i haven't even done goblin yet which i should eventually

10+ Year Old Account
    I got to level 6 and decided that there was no point, playing a rogue was like playing a rogue, spam " SS " then the " Eviscerate " Plus, i was pretty annoyed when i picked blade dancer and nightblade and found that they had the exact same abilities, like really? " We have 9 spec choices for each class! * But they might all be the same *

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Yeah.
    Now off to do the exact same Tol Borad dailies they've been doing for the past 5 months.
    How un-repetative.
    now now.. let them fool themselves what they will.. we dont want wow kiddies who feel the need to gloat because they cant play a game that doesnt have addons to do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Damn RIFT is getting boring after a month? Who would of thought.
    Nothing better to say other than this^

RIFT is like a polished turd of Vanilla WoW. They took the basics of whatever one liked in WoW, and made it into a new game with better graphics. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's just kind of in the beginning stages of being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    i cancelled my rift account as well. has its ups and downs, but just wasnt the game i was looking for.
    only decent statement on that fact mate well done

have a cookie

doesnt suit everyone and tbh I hope it never will as then it would be like wow.

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 07:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fudruker View Post
    actually the 1-60 is amazingly fun for both side i kinda prefer the horde side just a tad more i haven't even done goblin yet which i should eventually
    actually.. its faster, easier with a few gimmicks thrown in.. I dont understand why people say its better.. yeah its more up to date, the gimmicks are cool ONCE but after that i dont feel the need to see it all again.

Made it to level 40 and did the same thing I did with my WoW boxes and C.D.s

Thew em in a bonfire and drank a 12 pack of Miller as I sat there and watched them burn...with only the thought of GW2 in my mind. Don't fail me ArenaNet, or you'll be next in the burn pile.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Meh I'm on Rift hiatus. I -actually- hit endgame and got very bored of the 'just like WoW' endgame, minus Arenas.

I still would play it before playing WoW again, WoW has just gotten too dated graphics wise, with little in the way of toon customization, and the constant flow of re-hash is getting kinda pathetic.

Rift was fun, I told my guild I'll be back sometime between now, and when my (unfortunate) 6 month sub ends.

For now it's Aion while I wait for GW2....well not wait for it, cause I'm not cancelling the sub.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    I cancelled my subscription as well. Simple because I can't feel connected to any class or faction.
    The game is amazingly beautiful and it's got so much potential ... if only you can find a class that suits you.

These days I don't want to spend so much time on gaming again like I used to, so Rift became just that bit too much. But perhaps things will change with time.

I played RIFT for about 1 hours yesterday and was board of it.. that maybe cuz im tierd of the quest style.. that is in every single MMORPG game.. Talk to Bob > Kill that orc for Bob > Talk to Bob > get that stone on the ground > give it to Bob.. someone should try to finde a new type of questes

Deleted
    Got 2 level 50's in rift, encountered the end game, but it was boring.. My rogue is a bard/ranger/nightblade so basically a hunter with buffs....... was all same stuff... not cancelled my sub as i go there every now and then to get awy from wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBoucher View Post
    Made it to level 40 and did the same thing I did with my WoW boxes and C.D.s

Thew em in a bonfire and drank a 12 pack of Miller as I sat there and watched them burn...with only the thought of GW2 in my mind. Don't fail me ArenaNet, or you'll be next in the burn pile.
    What's the point of this overzealousness? And why is it such a proud moment for you? You don't enjoy the games, fine. That's understandable. But burning your possessions, is basically burning money. Why? That's pretty stupid. You never know if you might want to play the game again. Or pass to someone else. Or just have around and look back on twenty years down the line.

And your beer comment. Bahaha.

What people don't realize is that RIFT is not some crazy new genre creating game. It's a simple MMORPG that's similar to WoW, but different in it's own way. I personally find it tons of fun, and prefer it to WoW right now. But I also do what most of today's gamers do, and I immerse myself in the game's lore. It just helps you to appreciate the game in a new way. People these days are too obsessed with being level capped and rushing through end-game. Then they're disappointed when they realize there isn't much end-game. Which...somehow is ironic. A BRAND NEW game, doesn't have enough end-game content.

Though, I suppose they also assume WoW came out with heaps of end-game already in it.
    Last edited by Indecision; 2011-04-24 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Personally, I thought Rift was okay, and I didn't find it as repetetive as people claim. Sure, the quests may be repetetive, but doing Rifts or Invasions inbetween them mixes it up a bit. Not to mention that 1.1 introduced new kind of Rifts -- And they will continue to do so.

The problem that made me quit however are the gigantic balance issues the game has at this moment. There are actually Souls which are unable to level at some point, because they no longer can stand against the mobs they have to fight. I found this especially evident in Iron Pine Peak, where you're forced to face packs of 4+ mobs straight from the beginning. One can argue that you can simpily switch to a better Soul, but I find it hardly acceptable that some Souls are unable to level, regardless of whether you can switch or not.

I might return to Rift at a later date, when they have fixed these immense balance issues. For now however, they have reached the limit of my patience.

Wasn't i the guy yelling that ''We're not in Azeroth anymore'' meant Rift is trying to be like WoW?