Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    With all the anti-WoW advertising rift did are you really simple enough to think that rift is going to be 100% truthful about its server populations and subscription numbers to the general public? This is a common ploy used by startup games. First few weeks they will show low pop servers then reset system criteria so low actually shows as medium so people think "hey look at all the people playing". Another 6 months and rift will be closing servers because 90% of what I hear is "I cancelled my sub". lmao
    Another guy talking bullshit, so many of you in this thread! "All the anti-wow advertising"? Really? "We are not in azeroth anymore" is all, and you may or may not see the humor in this. But for us who are able to see it for what it is, it's not realy anti wow. If you read up a little, you would also realize that they are well aware and comfortable with being the underdog to WoW.

Stats are stats, they are not changing them. At start all the shards were FULL, not low pop. Now most are medium. That's a decline, which is what we all expected during the first month. Now we are just waiting for all the people who said "I'm gonna wait 6 months and see what people think of the game." If they want to listen to the guys who quit after the first month, that will be their loss.

I love how people have the initial sentiment towards the uberly flawed soul system. Eventually people will put there common sense hat back on and realize that endgame rift is going to be 4 cookie cutter specs and that's it. Awesome game! /sarcasm
    Unless of course Trion works on them; given their track record, they indeed are working behind the scenes so I wouldn't be surprised to see souls getting buffs if they need it. I mean, already, Void Knight (after all the nerfs it received) will get a nice boost in the next patch. It is not unrealistic to assume Trion is looking closely at the souls.

The soul system is actually really nice; I love the way my warrior plays and each soul feels totally different. Can't wait to level the other classes to 50.

Rift has its fair share of flaws but I think Trion is phenomenal in their response and their effort. The game is less than ideal (what game isn't) but Trion delivers by working hard.

Also, I'm not sure how or why you keep saying cookie cutter. Yes, there will be min/max specs that people will choose for a 5 DPS increment. But the combinations for usual PvE and PvP are many.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had fun on rift for the 5 levels I played but I too felt it was too much like WoW. I went back to WoW because I like it and couldn't see dumping all the time I've put in since BC just to basically start over in Rift. It is a nice game and I'll miss my sentinel but my rogue, druid and pally on WoW are glad to have me back.

Ignore him because you say he doesn't know what he is talking about and then you pretty much agree with him. GG.
    Yeah, ignore him and his previous/future posts because he doesn't have a clue about what he is talking about. When he said mages were underpowered and professions useless he kinda made that point clear. I'm sorry that I am not a biased fan boy who can only see one side of things, it must be hard to get the essence of my posts then. I'll try again: Some of his points had a little bit of truth to them: There isn't a lot in Rift that is PERFECT. Doesn't mean it's not a great game, especially when they keep improving existing stuff while adding new, in a pace that destroys most competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of butthurt in this thread as of recent. Seems people are unable to accept another mmo is doing well and people are having fun in it. I'm sure WoW will retain masses and if you're so confident in their future succes you got nothing to worry about what rift does.

Do please continue with one liners and tinfoil theories, I doesn't come across defensive for WoW case at all.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Work on them or not it is mathematically impossible to make every spec for every class equally as viable as every other spec. One will always me mathematically superior. Cookie cutter is something that will happen in every high end serious guild in every game. Rift has the unfortunate design that will equate out to a grand total of 4 PvE cookie cutters and 4 PvP cookie cutters. I really don't see any intelligent argument for this fact.
    So what if one is superior that the other? Not all raiders are going to be min-maxers. Content is designed with keeping the souls in mind, and from all the different builds posted in their class forums, it should be an indication of how many different people with their custom builds have successfully cleared or are clearing raid content.

Just because you say that cookie cutter specs will devalue the soul system does not make it true. Why the personal attacks? I'm afraid I'll have to end this discussion if you carry on that way.

Actually it is not wrong at all, it is a simple mathematical fact. One spec per class is going to be mathematically superior to all other specs for that class for whatever role it is you are using that class to fulfill. There is no way to argue that. Saying "this is simply wrong" just means "I like this game and I cant refute what you said but I'm going to say you're wrong so I look good". LMAO

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 04:56 PM ----------

Hey look, the real business world is out there, if you choose to ignore it that is up to you man.
    It is, where? Oh wait, I already knew that. I am not ignoring anything. Rift has a tiny player base compared to WoW. But people are not fleeing it, all the zones are still very healthily populated (To the point where I'm not noticing any difference in warfront ques, people in cities, people participating in world events etc, compared to half way into the free month. I guess all the people who didn't renew are the people who didn't participate in a lot of stuff, which may explain why they quit.)

If people were dropping as much as you think, then why would the development team continue to grow? Trion isn't hiding anything except for the actual numbers. The numbers are better than anticipated with a lot of room for more people to join, which I think they will since the game is very much alive unlike other big IPs that basically died after release.

I don't belive trion is doing what you said, just like I don't believe Blizzard is counting for trial accounts and cancelled subs in their "12 million players" statement.

Work on them or not it is mathematically impossible to make every spec for every class equally as viable as every other spec. One will always me mathematically superior. Cookie cutter is something that will happen in every high end serious guild in every game. Rift has the unfortunate design that will equate out to a grand total of 4 PvE cookie cutters and 4 PvP cookie cutters. I really don't see any intelligent argument for this fact.
    Solid points, complete balance will not happen. Cookie cutters are the harsh reality. But you are forgetting one thing tho, there will be more than 4 for each class. Especially in pve since the classes are not only viable as EITHER tank, dps or healing. For instance you will see Rogues as Bards (support), Riftstalkers (AoE tanks) and whatever dps build is highest. Mages as fotm soul OR chloro as healers. Warriors as tanks or fotm soul. And Clerics as Tanks, HoT healers, direct healers or dps. There is a lot of combinations there because more of the souls than most people think are of much use.

In pvp it might be narrowed down a little tho, but I still think people choose a soul combination that fits them more than fotm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    awwwh, poor baba, you actually sound butthurt because, according to you, RIFT isn't dying fast enough...here, click on this and show me an empty or low shard http://www.riftgame.com/en/status/index.php
    medium shards are low shards..., cause you know 300 people in total for both factions isn't exactly medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    A lot of butthurt in this thread as of recent. Seems people are unable to accept another mmo is doing well and people are having fun in it. I'm sure WoW will retain masses and if you're so confident in their future succes you got nothing to worry about what rift does.
    The only butthurt people i see are the rift fanboys. And their only argument for Rift is, that it's not Wow.
    And if by doing well you mean, loosing half of the subs after the first month and 80% of the shards on medium, well yeah, than it's doing great.

Edit:
    Oh now that i looked i the shard status page i have to correct my statment. It looks more like 95% of the shards are on medium.

I think this has run its course.