Thread: Defence Capped

10+ Year Old Account

Defence Capped

Now that defence has been removed as a stat in world of warcraft, Is it acceptable to say that someone who doesn't have 2/2 in their respective tanking tree (imp. blood prescence, thick hide etc) is not defence capped?

Or should i say not Crit Immune? Surely they are the same thing considering defence did what those talents do now? def capped = crit immune?

Crit immune is probably the proper way of saying it since there is no "defense cap" anymore (it was an improper nomenclature anyway since it was a minimum, not a cap).

"Too stupid to tank" is another quite accurate way of putting it.

I am assuming you said "def capped" then someone trolled you

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    just that what lack said

Crit immune is probably the proper way of saying it since there is no "defense cap" anymore (it was an improper nomenclature anyway since it was a minimum, not a cap).

Pretty much this. Have you actually run into people that are trying to tank without these talents?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Utgarde keep i am in now.
    Tank is 1/2 Imp Blood and no Blade Barrier.
    Having 2 tanks at 85 and having had 4 tanks at 80 in wotlk bad tanks make me cry!

I feel sorry for all the dps that have to put up with this kind of thing on a daily basis.

I pledge to use the RDF everyday after 4.1 to help dps have a fun, happy adventure in heroics!
    Last edited by Twisted Spirit; 2011-04-24 at 09:28 AM.

Being crit immune is less important in levelling dungeons than it is in heroics and raids, but chances are, if someone hasn't picked up that talent, they're probably not very good anyway and are probably taking more damage than they should be.

But referring to it as def capped is just wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would refer to it as "tank spec'd" which I would assume means taking the required tank talents.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

^This x100 !!!!

Def capped =/= crit immune. That being said, if a tank hasn't picked up their crit immunity talents, they're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    Having 2 tanks at 85 and having had 4 tanks at 80 in wotlk bad tanks make me cry!

I feel sorry for all the dps that have to put up with this kind of thing on a daily basis.

I pledge to use the RDF everyday after 4.1 to help dps have a fun, happy adventure in heroics!
    Eh.. I would not judge too much that early... especially running normal modes. Basically he has a 3% chance to take double damage, which the healer probably wouldn´t notice running normal dungeons... and it would take some really bad RNG for him to die because of it... and even if he does die halfway through a fight, in most leveling groups i have been in, the dps can tank long enough anyway.

I tanked from 1-80 using the pvp dps plate gear on my pally including the 1 handed sword. That means no block, dodge or parry and a lot of itemization wasted on resillience. It was still absurdly easy.

If that dk tank did take two crits in a row, the healer would probably of had to heal him for the first time in 3 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post

You are a good person, seriously.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Eh.. I would not judge too much that early... especially running normal modes. Basically he has a 3% chance to take double damage, which the healer probably wouldn´t notice running normal dungeons... and it would take some really bad RNG for him to die because of it... and even if he does die halfway through a fight, in most leveling groups i have been in, the dps can tank long enough anyway.

I tanked from 1-80 using the pvp dps plate gear on my pally including the 1 handed sword. That means no block, dodge or parry and a lot of itemization wasted on resillience. It was still absurdly easy.

If that dk tank did take two crits in a row, the healer would probably of had to heal him for the first time in 3 mins.
    agreed with this. But if he's doing 85 dungeons with only 1/2 or even 0/2, then I want his name and server so I can ignore him and never group with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!